• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The difference between T and F

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've always argued that that was "Demonic"/destructive Fe (8th place "shadow" complex for ExTJ's).

Kaveri

MBTI Type
intp
Btw, I asked my xxTJ dad (who actually works as a CEO and has been succesful in his job) the question about whom he would fire. His answer was something like this: "Economically thinking, it would be smarter to fire the old guy, but there are also other factors included such as friendship. I think in this situation friendship would come first and I'd let the young man go."

I also asked my mom (whose type I still haven't figured out) and her answer was something like this: "This is an easy question. There's this principle that if someone has to be fired, the one that's worked for the company for the longest time gets to keep their job. This principle is based on how it's always easier for younger people to get a new job etc. So I would fire the young man."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Both very wise answers and exactly the thing I'ld think aswell. I have too never really understood why old people tend to get fired first. This must be a sideeffect of Generation Y where older people are not so good with the new media like computers and such. But normally in a company, especilly for example in a crafting company, the oldest guys are the ones with the experience and without them productivity and efficiency suffers significantly.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Both T and F make rational decisions, and both consider human implications.

The main difference usually is that T is more considered with FAIR, F with MORAL. Definitions of fair and moral very between types and individuals, but you will usually find these values/principles at the core.

Ex: T believes mostly in JUSTICE, F believes more in MERCY.

While the F approach is more personal and based on individual events (and variable), the T approach does consider people, just from a more distant perspective, society rather than individuals. Both are good approaches depending on the situation.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, remember that even an uber-strong T user still has EMOTIONS and an uber-strong F user is still LOGICAL.

Another difference might be that T users will try harder to distance their thought process from their personal feelings if they believe it is affecting their judgement. F users will trust that their feelings mean something and search for a solution aligned to them.

But all Ts use their F function and vice versa. If their feelings are too strong to be ignored the T user will utilize their F function to help make the decision. T users still have morals.

If an F user believes that their feelings cannot be used to determine the outcome of a situation, if they feel their decision will be too biased, they will use their T function in making their decision. F users still believe in fairness.