• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Temperament and Eye Blinking Habits

Eyes. How do they blink

• I'm NT, independent eye blinks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm NT, normal eye blinks

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I'm

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
G

Ginkgo

What's your temperament and how do you blink?

Do both eyes blink shut involuntarily?

For instance:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuN__74Ht0"]Sarah Palin on Blinking[/YOUTUBE]

Or do the eyes blink independently, but still involuntarily?

Example:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBC3F5nOXI4"]Gecko on Blinking[/YOUTUBE]

Or are you a pirate?

G

garbage

Hmm. NTs are the most objective--and therefore independent--thinkers, so I would guess that their eyelids would tend to blink independently of one another.

Moreover, Ps thrive in environments where they can multitask, where Js tend to focus on one aspect of reality at a time. Therefore, Ps are more likely to blink both of their eyelids at the same time, and Js concentrate on one at a time.

So I guess xNTJs would be the type most prone to blinking one eyelid at a time?? Does anyone else agree??

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My primary way of blinking is both eyes at once. I didn't know anyone did otherwise. My blinking is more unusual in that I do it a lot.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
NTs also tend to be the Shoe, sock, shoe, sock types as well.

I love typology!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well I would think that if your eyes blink independently, you probably have some type of neurological disorder. Normally, everyone should be blinking with both eyes at once.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
Well, both my eyelids have the intention of blinking together, but the right eyelid almost always goes down first. This seems kind of synonymous with anarchical tendencies...fighting the "man," fighting the norm, fitting in is just a fleeting thought that's quickly overtaken by a natural impulse to be different. It's subtle and not that noticeable to everyone, but it's there as if to say "not everyone HAS to blink a certain way, we are complex biological beings with complex and different methods of doing things."

Very NT if you ask me. :yes:

:laugh:

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I think I do the same thing but with my left eye. Maybe us NTs are crazy blinkers ;)