• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverted Intuition and Megolamania

LucrativeSid

BlueWing, if I were ever to become extremely vulnerable and lay myself down at your feet, you woudln't hurt me would you?

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Ah jeez guys...

BW's not like some kind of malicious prick. He just talks out of his ass some of the time.

This is getting to be annoying.

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Consider Alexander the Great. The best example of a megalomanical ENTP I can think of.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
it should bother you.

Well, it does in the sense you are probably getting at but what I meant is, as an INTP, I don't take it personally. I don't think anyone looking at my type will fear me doing that.

Edit: Well, they might but bad on them if they do.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Athenian: there's some underlying assumption here that the rest of us don't understand BW's perspective. We do. We understand it very well. It's just a stupid perspective. You just can't avoid taking sides here. Why not just say that you don't agree with him in the first place?
Anyway, I hope what I'm about to say isn't too personal, but here it is: you seem to feel a need to defend people who say things that others find insulting or mean. Well, in this case (as well as a few others) it WAS insulting and mean. Understanding his perspective isn't going to go anywhere to resolving the conflict.
Besides, if I wanted to UNderstand what's up with BW's perspective

The thing about me is that I don't believe in dismissing any perspectives, even if they can be hurtful. I believe every perspective has something to teach us.

I wish you had been more willing to compromise and think rather than insist that I'm on his side or yours, and that the situation be about how it affects you and others who share your reaction. I wanted it to be about the ideas that BW was pointing to, rather than its impact on a specific group of people. But if that's what you want to believe, then there's no way I can reason with you, and I'm sorry. You and people like you keep trying to force your values on me, and I don't want them.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If you wouldn't mind athenian, could please elaborate?

Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea and see where it leads without being stamped with having accepted that idea, which is what I feel Gabe was trying to do to me.

For instance, I did see what offended Gabe and several others in the description... namely the condemnation of ENxP's and Ne for a particular type of behavior BlueWing identified in them. I didn't actually agree that this behavior was a characteristic of xNxP's, I simply entertained the idea in order to try and understand why BlueWing believed what he did, which is what I prefer to do, even if I disagree. I wanted to delve further into the idea and see where the root of it was, whether I accepted it or not. I felt that Gabe simply wanted to force an end to any such discussion immediately, and make the entire situation about how BlueWing's association of this behavior with ENxP's affected them. With no investigation, and no tolerance of seeing any value in something that might be hurtful. They certainly have a right to feel offended, but I don't think that gives them the right to condemn me for entertaining his ideas.

There have been a lot of people I feel have crashed a thread (and real discussions) in this way, and tried to insist that I have no right to react differently from them, lest I set myself against them.

Also, I wish that they would carefully explain the reasons for their disagreement with the idea rather than simply condemning it because they found it offensive, because that doesn't really seem constructive to me.

But it's really a moot point, as I think the thread has been carried away so far that there's no way to lead it back to a discussion of the OP.

Do you see what I mean here?

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Ok so im a meglomaniac...do i count to fit in on this post/threads...@?!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
The thing about me is that I don't believe in dismissing any perspectives, even if they can be hurtful. I believe every perspective has something to teach us.
That's an interesting sentiment coming from someone who's condemned any number of the "mean" things in my posts.

You and people like you keep trying to force your values on me, and I don't want them.

What happened to "every standpoint has something to teach us"?

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea and see where it leads without being stamped with having accepted that idea, which is what I feel Gabe was trying to do to me.

For instance, I did see what offended Gabe and several others in the description... namely the condemnation of ENxP's and Ne for a particular type of behavior BlueWing identified in them. I didn't actually agree that this behavior was a characteristic of xNxP's, I simply entertained the idea in order to try and understand why BlueWing believed what he did, which is what I prefer to do, even if I disagree. I wanted to delve further into the idea and see where the root of it was, whether I accepted it or not. I felt that Gabe simply wanted to force an end to any such discussion immediately, and make the entire situation about how BlueWing's association of this behavior with ENxP's affected them. With no investigation, and no tolerance of seeing any value in something that might be hurtful. They certainly have a right to feel offended, but I don't think that gives them the right to condemn me for entertaining his ideas.

There have been a lot of people I feel have crashed a thread (and real discussions) in this way, and tried to insist that I have no right to react differently from them, lest I set myself against them.

Also, I wish that they would carefully explain the reasons for their disagreement with the idea rather than simply condemning it because they found it offensive, because that doesn't really seem constructive to me.

But it's really a moot point, as I think the thread has been carried away so far that there's no way to lead it back to a discussion of the OP.

Do you see what I mean here?
Great post, and yes, I do see/understand what you mean.

Unfortunately, I fear I've too been guilty of what you accuse Gabe, and Gabe, perhaps is less guilty of it. (I tend to knock BW down without appropriate explanation, whereas he actually has the patience to explain himself.) :doh:

Actually, I feel quite enlightened by your post, thanks for sharing.:smile:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP

I wish you had been more willing to compromise and think rather than insist that I'm on his side or yours, and that the situation be about how it affects you and others who share your reaction. I wanted it to be about the ideas that BW was pointing to, rather than its impact on a specific group of people. But if that's what you want to believe, then there's no way I can reason with you, and I'm sorry. You and people like you keep trying to force your values on me, and I don't want them.

quoted for truth... everyone stands to benefit if they step out of their own point of view so we can contribute, process, and reach the most reasonable conclusions as a group. some people are earnestly concerned with finding the truth in something, quite a few more just use that as a guise to argue for what ultimately boils down to them taking the discussion personally.

thank you for writing my thoughts here better than i could... unnecessary counterproductivity frustrates me to no end!

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, okay. I feel that I should have a right to entertain an idea......
etc etc
........Do you see what I mean here?

Mhmm...after and pretty much excepting the first few posts made by Dana I began to notice that the behaviour of the ENFPs here was only reinforcing some of the points made in BW's post. I was disappointed, but said nothing.

And I could, honestly, relate to most of what BW described in his post. I've been thinking about these aspects of myself for a while now, and I was pretty happy that someone had recognized that some ENXPs might share them and wrote about it. I thought this could perhaps turn into a real discussion about this shtuff, but alas...:sadbanana:

noooooo. I'm sure whatever you do is not what BW is thinking about. BW has issues!! Please don't lend any hint of support to his bullshit.

The fact that I can relate to most of this, that in fact there are others irl that notice these traits in me as well, that I have not been posting much here lately to give much of a picture of who I am and what I'm like- and yet for some reason having you be so sure that I know myself less than you know me and would think that I wouldn't have taken much more time thinking about it and answering than the time it took for you to come up with this response to my post, nevermind telling me what BlueWing (whose extensive posts regarding type and functions other than this one I'm sure you haven't even read) is like and presenting him as someone who apparently has "issues" without as much as a word of explanation...after looking at your post and looking back at the OP's and comparing the two does NOT exactly make me feel inclined to believe that it's made of more bullshit.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
niffer, though I do not know you personally, and have only read a handful of your posts, and half of your blog, with all due respect, I have my doubts regarding whether or not you are an ENFP, and your post in my thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/4103-spontaneous-outburst-tears-12.html#post141501, basically solidified my suspicions.

Whether or not you are an ENFP is kind of besides the point.

Do you honestly feel that extroverted intuition is indicative of megalomania????

In his OP, Mr. Wing insidiously referred to me as being a megalomaniac, and that is just ludicrous, truly.

I think the reason why some of us are responding so passionately to BW, is the fact that he ascribes certain aspects to us that are, to most of us at least, abhorrently incorrect.

What do you think?

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
niffer, though I do not know you personally, and have only read a handful of your posts, and half of your blog, with all due respect, I have my doubts regarding whether or not you are an ENFP, and your post in my thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/bonfire/4103-spontaneous-outburst-tears-12.html#post141501, basically solidified my suspicions.

Do you honestly feel that Extroverted Intuition is indicative of megalomania????

In his OP, Mr. Wing referred to me as being a megalomaniac, and that is just ludicrous, truly.

I think the reason why some of us are responding so passionately to BW, is the fact that he ascribes certain aspects to us that are, to most of us at least, abhorrently incorrect.

What do you think?

Lol, I am pretty sure that none of us ENXPs on here would be considered megalomanic :D especially not you and not for the reason that he proposed. I don't think Ne is necessarily indicative of it, or if it is close to anything like it then I don't know if that would be the best word to describe it. I'm not sure, and I assumed that this would be a thread where we could talk about it. Without too many of the fireworks, LOL. I guess it's expected though, us being who we are..:rolleyes:

And lol, about me and my ENFPness (yes, Pness :D), yeah I've doubted it too for a while and I do think I use Ti as secondary function a lot more openly than I do Fi. However, Fi makes me feel a lot freer and like it's me that's using it. Like I'm treating myself, hehe.

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
I don't think that ENxP types are any more likely to be megalomaniacs than any other type, the effect of their behavior would just be more noticeable because they often tend to be very charismatic people, and have lots of influence. Many introverted types would gladly abuse the amount of influence ENxP types have if it wasn't for the fact that the majority of them are somewhat socially retarded and never come to gain that sort of control.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP

Do you honestly feel that extroverted intuition is indicative of megalomania????

His point wasn't that all Ne dominant people are megalomaniacs, only that it's easy to become such when Ne doesn't have any kind of grounding wire. Then he goes on to say that the corrupt egomaniacal introverted judgement is the quiet culprit -- the voice whispering to the schizophrenic to kill his children and the houseplants.

No where in BWs post did he say that all EN_Ps are megalomaniacs.

He used you and I to set his example, which is rude to be sure, especially given he doesn't know either of us very well. It's especially irritating because he thinks he does. But it's not an absolutely bad notion, I just think he's really putting it into false proportion.

The longer post I made some pages back was 'passionate' (I guess...) because I, of course, had a few points of my own to make. One of those being about how ridiculously sensationalistic BW was professing.