• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extroverted Intuition and Megolamania

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
BlueJob said:
The auxiliary Introverted Judgment is often used by such a type merely to foster the intent of the Extroverted Intuition. When Introverted Judgment is corrupt, it becomes radically egocentric and nearly infallibly succumbs to self-apotheosis. Such is most clearly the case with the characters above. Extroverted Intuition on its own does not have an agenda, it is a non-rational function that fuels strictly on perception.
By this logic, if the judgement is to blame, the IN_P is even more susceptible. They may not aim to perform, but if, suppose, Thinking were to get out of control they may plot an immensely complex terrorist movement, let alone an attack, to be carried out by whoever few they may share their ideas with.

Even on this site I saw an ENTP member who had, I am incredible as his user-title.
Hey that's me! But wait... I'm not one of these people...
An ENFP member who claimed that she does not have the relationships she desires because she is too lofty for others to handle, but only if she could find someone nearly as amazing as herself.
And CC...

Yeah I'm exposing you, for the few who didn't already put it together.

I'm reporting this post, because Ivy told me I should use that function, and this is clearly just an elaborate insult given your last few lines, not to mention the many other ones.

And don't whip back with "This is exactly what I was talking about -- your judgement is egocentric." as I'm sure would be the immediate reflexive lash.

It's not really egocentrism if you're already talking about me.

Okay, one may say this 'ENTP guy' seems a little shady, we cant trust him. Why dont we keep our guard on around him at all times, as who knows what he has up his sleeves. Yet the ENFP strives to win the trust and affection of all those who befall his lot. People give away their very hearts to the person who is merely out to toy with them. This one ENFP character I used to know was a preacher who made a sport out of presenting his message in experimental ways as to see what kind of a reaction he could evoke from his audience. Nearly everyone in town thought him the best orator there could be, some churches even called for him to replace their retiring Senior pastors only to find out that he has given up on preaching less than 6 months after his most memorable performances.

So... he's offered a position whereby acceptance would allow him to excite even more, even larger audiences, and he turns it down. Doesn't sound like that really was his goal then.
In fact before he was renowned, he did not have too many plans of ending his preaching career, yet as soon as he exploded, he simply got tired of it all!
He need to seek approbation elsewhere, more crowds to fire up.
Oh ok, so he just got bored. Well either way, it wasn't only about drawing out a reaction. Certainly that may have been part of it, and likely enough, a bigger piece of the pie, but you can't really think his aim was so narrow... Can you?

I am sure they could be made sorry if they were to witness all the harm they have caused
I'm just curious... what trouble have I caused? Other than that which I've been punished for, what have I done?

Your account of my character couldn't be much more further off. The only thing you've gotten right is that I think highly of myself. I think more highly of myself than nearly anyone else. That doesn't mean I don't think highly of others.

You don't have my permission to IM or PM me about this. If you're so confident this is the truth, then you should have no issue taking care of it here.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Okay, umm...

I didn't say that what BlueWing was saying was true. And I'm not even sure that the people I was referring to were xNxP's. I just meant that if I were to entertain BlueWing's idea as being true (without actually accepting it, which I didn't), then that might explain their behavior.

Also, it wasn't a total condemnation, I tried to soften BlueWing's statement while still showing that I understood his point. I actually said that the illusions they create can be worth believing in when life is often drab and devoid of meaning. And I was saying that if a person's true self is not appealing, then it's understandable for them to want to use a mask, since that will bring about greater acceptance. If anything, I was trying to explain why such people (whether they're xNxP's or not), might behave that way, and that it has negative consequences, but probably didn't have entirely negative intentions.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
The unhealthy ENTP persona is often correlated with the narcissistic personality disorder? Why would this be the case, one shall inquire? For good reasons indeed though--read below.

"The unhealthy ENTP persona"? Not even a real person but a personality, hm? And then of characters.. But.. I believe you mean, or rather I hope you mean, an (emotionally) unhealthy ENTP individual? You make it seem as though the entire ENTP(or even ENFP) person/a Type itself is unhealthy. Have I misunderstood you? Hmm.

Ah! but then at the very end, I read...

Disclaimer: I do understand that such behaviors are represented by strictly neurotic ENP individuals. To avoid such tendencies in behavior, one as an ENP merely needs to acquire balance by cultivating the Auxiliary Introverted Thinking of Introverted Feeling.

Your Disclaimer should have been placed at the beginning of your post. I don't think they'd have to be strticly neurotic in order to play with us you. For those healthier ENxPs, it doesn't have to be egocentric thoughts that make them want to play with you either. Appeasing their hunches, I can see that. Both are fun and are likely being playfully harmless with others, maybe especially their friends or loved ones. Again, assuming they are healthier ENxPs--and even if they've accidentally hurt you, it is up to you to inform them of their behaviour if they haven't realised it. Balancing two CPs wouldn't be enough, though it's a start. I'd think it's in balancing the full breadth of our CPs within all Types which will help us to avoid neurotic or undesirable behaviours for ourselves and for others who deal with us. Doing so will help us to evolve as better people, even if we were good to begin with.

Now, I ask you people, what is the problem here? Drop your soap box and get off the damn stage already! The world isnt yours for the taking.

I'd ask that you try to understand people somewhat better before judging them so harshly or without trying to understand their motives beyond what you expect them of having. Especially of those whom you know personally, nevermind speaking of theoretically. Such as that preacher, who had expectations which were put upon him, they were not of his own. What was so inherently wrong with being experimental or creating a buzz with people if someone is so charming? He was learning from them, so were they from him. It doesn't make him neuotic because he let down everyone by choosing to leave, even if it seems irresponsible to you or to them. They let themselves down. It was his choice to leave, even if he was bored. His choice- And did you consider that he may not have been tired but thought he may have decided it wasn't his calling? Or that he felt guilty for getting peoples hopes up but he just didn't know how to explain himsef, assuming he tried explaining, so he bolted?

Despite having a Type, we all have different conditionings, different backgrounds and different maturities and motivations, etc etc etc. No one ENxP is the same as another. They're Cognitive Processing is similar, that's all. And even then, they'll differ based on how developed they are with them and all the filter that comes with living their varied lives.

Maybe the world is theirs for the taking, if they're actively taking it from you? Haa, I somewhat kid. But people who are proactive generally get first dibs, so, I guess I'm not kidding! I'd just hope if they are taking over the world, then, let them be emotionally balanced and evolved ENxPs. I imagine I'd be laughing my entire life at them and with them. :wubbie:

And really, singling people out through intimation?-- Sigh. As though you really know these people beyond the few posts that you read of them or even if you've read many posts of them. Though it doesn't seem so based on what you've said. One quick read of a User Title and one post from another yet you've summed them up quite neatly, huh? People are that easy to box or stereotype for you? You truly understand who they are, right? I'm glad I didn't post yesterday as I was delirious and out of it and I pretty much skimmed your post at first. And then at second...and then...I made it (and found that Disclaimer, ha. So fortunate for my anger.. :blink:---)

I find your Iconoclast User Title amusing, myself. Instead of attacking or overthrowing cherished beliefs or popular stereotypes or traditions based on error by being a rebel, you've gone about creating them. Haaaaa. And I don't watch Survivor but what makes you so certain Richard Hatch is an ENxP? You didn't state so but it's implied. I wonder if you'll even reply to any of the criticisms posted by others as you've skipped two of Dana's in favour to another that didn't conflict with you. Unless, of course, you plan on answering her later? I somewhat doubt the latter.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
noooooo. I'm sure whatever you do is not what BW is thinking about. BW has issues!! Please don't lend any hint of support to his bullshit.

What issues? :thelook: Did I waste my time writing to a neurotic person harping on neuortic people?!

I've heard about him in posts but hints of him or jokes (I think jokes, errr)...but first time I've read any of his posts. :doh:

athenian200 said:
Okay, umm...

I didn't say that what BlueWing was saying was true. And I'm not even sure that the people I was referring to were xNxP's. I just meant that if I were to entertain BlueWing's idea as being true (without actually accepting it, which I didn't), then that might explain their behavior.

Also, it wasn't a total condemnation, I tried to soften BlueWing's statement while still showing that I understood his point. I actually said that the illusions they create can be worth believing in when life is often drab and devoid of meaning. And I was saying that if a person's true self is not appealing, then it's understandable for them to want to use a mask, since that will bring about greater acceptance. If anything, I was trying to explain why such people (whether they're xNxP's or not), might behave that way, and that it has negative consequences, but probably didn't have entirely negative intentions.

For myself, it wasn't about what you were asking of or saying to Bluewing. It was what you said about xNxPs that you personally know or have come to know etc that was the issue. Here:

athenian200 said:
Most xNxP's real selves are terribly unappealing. I've always found that whenever one of them puts on a mask, I usually like them. Then when they show their true colors, I find it wasn't them I liked. I end up half-wishing they had held the mask just a little longer, even if it was an illusion... because it was such a beautiful illusion, especially compared to who they really are.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For myself, it wasn't about what you were asking of or saying to Bluewing. It was what you said about xNxPs that you personally know or have come to know etc that was the issue. Here:

Okay, then. I will say that I have known people like those in BlueWing's descriptions, but I don't know whether they were xNxP's or not (it's quite possible they weren't). I was just assuming that if the sort of thing which BlueWing associated with them was true, then that might be why they did it.

I probably should have explained that I was only saying what I could infer if BlueWing's association of that kind of behavior with Ne was valid. Which I never said it was.

So really, I was only saying that if someone feels the need to put on a show with a mask, it's probably because they feel that their true selves are lacking in some way.

Seanan

Procrastinating
MBTI Type
INTJ
Okay, then. I will say that I have known people like those in BlueWing's descriptions, but I don't know whether they were xNxP's or not (it's quite possible they weren't).

One thing is sure... they're some type.

So why are the possibilities so disturbing to some here? I mean, I heard early on that INTPs are the most likely to become school shooters. Didn't bother me. Kinda sad when we can't discuss possibilities... course I'm a "P" that has any bearing at all on my viewpoint.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Even on this site I saw an ENTP member who had, I am incredible as his user-title. An ENFP member who claimed that she does not have the relationships she desires because she is too lofty for others to handle, but only if she could find someone nearly as amazing as herself.
Oh man Wing, are you for effin' real?!?!?!?!??

F.Y.I.

Nocap is incredible, and if you are going to talk about me, why don't you, at the very least have the balls, (you are a male, aren't you?) to mention me by name?!?!?

Regarding megalomania, I am reminded of the post I made in your other malarkey-driveled excuse of a thread.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...roverted-intuition-religion-2.html#post129936

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
In its simplest form, this is, I suspect a dim-lit assault on Ne itself, as a sort of public admission -- in a frantic attempt to instill in himself that his precious Introverted Thinking is the one and only function for him. I wonder if he has a Ti fetish or something...

He doesn't like Ne, because it's not Ti.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
BlueWing embodies the perfect, dare I say only, circumstance that would actually legitimize the use of an ad hominem abusive.

Interesting, I'm going to have to look into that.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Athenian: there's some underlying assumption here that the rest of us don't understand BW's perspective. We do. We understand it very well. It's just a stupid perspective. You just can't avoid taking sides here. Why not just say that you don't agree with him in the first place?
Anyway, I hope what I'm about to say isn't too personal, but here it is: you seem to feel a need to defend people who say things that others find insulting or mean. Well, in this case (as well as a few others) it WAS insulting and mean. Understanding his perspective isn't going to go anywhere to resolving the conflict.
Besides, if I wanted to UNderstand what's up with BW's perspective

to Bluewing: you seem to have some kind of unhealthy obsession-hatred of charismatic+ sociable people that includes a gross misinterpretation of thier behavior. A lot of what you wrote about real people could be 're-told' and make them sound much more fine. It's ironic that you have an obsession with propagandists, as half of your technique involves what most people would call 'spin'. Regardless of type, I would like to know what exactly you have against, say, someone who talks to several people in a short time, and is enthusiastic with all of them. What's your problem? (you do need to understand that it's YOU're problem, not thiers!)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Athenian: there's some underlying assumption here that the rest of us don't understand BW's perspective. We do. We understand it very well. It's just a stupid perspective. You just can't avoid taking sides here. Why not just say that you don't agree with him in the first place?
Anyway, I hope what I'm about to say isn't too personal, but here it is: you seem to feel a need to defend people who say things that others find insulting or mean. Well, in this case (as well as a few others) it WAS insulting and mean. Understanding his perspective isn't going to go anywhere to resolving the conflict.
Besides, if I wanted to UNderstand what's up with BW's perspective

to Bluewing: you seem to have some kind of unhealthy obsession-hatred of charismatic+ sociable people that includes a gross misinterpretation of thier behavior. A lot of what you wrote about real people could be 're-told' and make them sound much more fine. It's ironic that you have an obsession with propagandists, as half of your technique involves what most people would call 'spin'. Regardless of type, I would like to know what exactly you have against, say, someone who talks to several people in a short time, and is enthusiastic with all of them. What's your problem? (you do need to understand that it's YOU're problem, not thiers!)

Quoted for being fucking spot on.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Quoted for being fucking spot on.

These are the kind of posts I was talking about, Haight. Unnecessary quoting.

What the hell... we have a damn rep system.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
One thing is sure... they're some type.

So why are the possibilities so disturbing to some here? I mean, I heard early on that INTPs are the most likely to become school shooters. Didn't bother me. Kinda sad when we can't discuss possibilities... course I'm a "P" that has any bearing at all on my viewpoint.

it should bother you.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
:yes:

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
By this logic, if the judgement is to blame, the IN_P is even more susceptible. They may not aim to perform, but if, suppose, Thinking were to get out of control they may plot an immensely complex terrorist movement, let alone an attack, to be carried out by whoever few they may share their ideas with.

Hey that's me! But wait... I'm not one of these people...
And CC...

Yeah I'm exposing you, for the few who didn't already put it together.

I'm reporting this post, because Ivy told me I should use that function, and this is clearly just an elaborate insult given your last few lines, not to mention the many other ones.

And don't whip back with "This is exactly what I was talking about -- your judgement is egocentric." as I'm sure would be the immediate reflexive lash.

It's not really egocentrism if you're already talking about me.

So... he's offered a position whereby acceptance would allow him to excite even more, even larger audiences, and he turns it down. Doesn't sound like that really was his goal then.
Oh ok, so he just got bored. Well either way, it wasn't only about drawing out a reaction. Certainly that may have been part of it, and likely enough, a bigger piece of the pie, but you can't really think his aim was so narrow... Can you?

I'm just curious... what trouble have I caused? Other than that which I've been punished for, what have I done?

Your account of my character couldn't be much more further off. The only thing you've gotten right is that I think highly of myself. I think more highly of myself than nearly anyone else. That doesn't mean I don't think highly of others.

You don't have my permission to IM or PM me about this. If you're so confident this is the truth, then you should have no issue taking care of it here.

Quoted for being smarter than Gabe.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
exactly, NOkapsy! People's motive's can't be described with sweeping generalizations. One of the greatest panderers ever was Abe Lincoln (on the campaign trail). Then he won the civil war and ended slavery. Personally, I wouldn't pander, but I sure don't fault one of the best presidents ever for it!