• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The type with the most Emotional Intelligence

rav3n

ENTJ's, yes. ESTJ's? Not sure I agree with that.

From what I've read on TypeC, ENTPs tend to top the list for being manipulative but they don't appear to have made the cut.

F

figsfiggyfigs

ENTJ's, yes. ESTJ's? Not sure I agree with that.

From what I've read on TypeC, ENTPs tend to top the list for being manipulative but they don't appear to have made the cut.
This is brand new info for me. Ive always been aware of entps being refered to as sexually manipulative.... Sorry entps for just calling you whores. Lol if anything. I'd say their desire to seem like they "do not really give a shit" is what can possily make them appear manipulative to others, to be fair, this is concluded fr my own observation....

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
People are usually like a computer program, they're sort of predictable in the way they behave and react to things. After observing them in all sorts of situations, you can ultimately calculate the odds of them reacting a certain way. So, it only makes sense that ther is a pattern to everything. If you are aware of the pattern, the odds of you knowing when an individual will be upset/ happy/ angry, are rather high. Now there are plenty of other elements, but if you can include them in the equation, the rest is like walking, You'll most likely get the hang if it.

I think people consider the feeling aspect of humans to be a weak spot. Which is idiotic. Imagine what you can do when you have a common human figured out. When they're emotionally invested in a person that is not emotionsly invest in them. They'll be a puppet to the puppet master. You can utilize that and make work so much more efficient when people are willing to do more than they usually will to help you achieve that goal.

This makes me sound horrible. I'm just saying. If you know how to butter your bread. Breakfast Is going to taste so much better.

Having EQ is a great tool. And when all else fails, including being direct, it's great to have a plan b to fall on

I believe that's related to IQ, not necessarily EQ. Figuring out how people are going to react -- re: puppet/puppet master - sounds like sociopath talk. Not that you are.

I'm saying that I consider myself high average on EQ, but still average...I actually consider many ENFJs and IxFJs I've met to be some of the most Emotionally Intelligent people I've encountered...IxFPs can also be quite emotionally intelligent if they're extremely ethical and introspective.

I don't consider myself above average because of my sensitivity and occasional lack of restraint, but at least I know what my real feelings are. I never wonder what I'm feeling, and I'm good at recognizing what others feel...people IRL also comment on how adaptable, kind, and helpful I am -- I'm not the beast I sometimes appear to be on here.

I will say this, though, ExFx also tend to have the manipulative traits of which you speak, ESFJs, ENFJs, and ENFPs, and ESFPs...so that really seems to be what they're measuring for, which strikes me as someone who doesn't really understand what EQ fully is.

It seems like the person who conducted this survey could be easily fooled by a narcissist or sociopath.

rav3n

This is brand new info for me. Ive always been aware of entps being refered to as sexually manipulative.... Sorry entps for just calling you whores. Lol if anything. I'd say their desire to seem like they "do not really give a shit" is what can possily make them appear manipulative to others, to be fair, this is concluded fr my own observation....
It does vary per ENTP. But the more extreme ones tend to stir the pot a lot more than other types.

Regardless, I look at the average ENTJ on TypeC and see less manipulative, more steam rolling tactics, an attempt to power through instead of slide around.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Whoa, ENTPs are extraordinarily manipulative if they've got grasp of that tertiary Fe. lol.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I believe that's related to IQ, not necessarily EQ. Figuring out how people are going to react -- re: puppet/puppet master - sounds like sociopath talk. .

Not necessarily. Putting aside the puppet: puppet master part(which I think still remains a possibility). Being emotionally intelligent is being able to understand the elements involved,the resulting emotions of yours and others, and above all, being able to control and manage them.

Depending on who you're delaying with, and the severity of the situation, Knowing how to utilize re pattern is key. Sometimes, a form of manipulation is required.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not necessarily. Putting aside the puppet: puppet master part(which I think still remains a possibility). Being emotionally intelligent is being able to understand the elements involved,the resulting emotions of yours and others, and above all, being able to control and manage them.

If managing and controlling emotions are "above all" EQ, then IxTJs would be emotional geniuses.

F

figsfiggyfigs

It does vary per ENTP. But the more extreme ones tend to stir the pot a lot more than other types.

Regardless, I look at the average ENTJ on TypeC and see less manipulative, more steam rolling tactics, an attempt to power through instead of slide around.

Oh yes. I agree. Steam rolling is our thing. I don't have the patience for manipulation. I prefer a form of pursuasion a lot more fun. Usually a trade if some sort as an incentive. It's only fair >: D

I find that the really unhealthy ones to be the most manipulative. Besides, I find people who are easily manipulated a little too naive and submissive for my taste.

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Can you guys stop talking about me. I'm standing right here.

A

A window to the soul

If 'emotional intelligence' is how well we connect with people, how well we interpret emotions, and how well we share our emotions, then I'm going to guess that an Fe-dom user has the greatest potential to be emotionally intelligent. Based on Lenore Thomson's book (Personality Type: An Owner's Manual), Fi is a right-brain function, which encourages one to make emotional decisions based on internal abstractions. Fe is a left-brain function, which encourages one to make rational decisions based on outward left brain criteria. "Fe is conceptual and analytical." With that understanding, I'm guessing ENFJ's and ESFJ's are naturals at 'emotional intelligence'. Though I understand there may be a lot more to consider.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If I were to pick out examples of emotional geniuses, I would pick people like Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Princess Diana...(all feelers, mind you).

I'm not really keen on adding Richard Nixon or David Letterman to that list (famous ENTJs).

However, EQ can be used for bad - like in the case of Adolph Hitler.

And there are ENTJs with high EQ, like Margaret Thatcher. EDIT: wait, some people aren't going to get the sarcasm here of me saying Margaret Thatcher, Milk Snatcher has high EQ.

That's really all I have to say about that.

F

figsfiggyfigs

If managing and controlling emotions are "above all" EQ, then IxTJs would be emotional geniuses.

No. Extroverts are usually more externally aware, especially when it comes to interactions, which aren't an introverts strong points. Awareness Is knowledge, which is the lack of ignorance. Once you are aware, you're capable of reason. What has lead to this person reacting this way? What can I do to reverse it? What is required here? Why should i effing bother, and so on. Now this can be applied to many issues. But when you're not a peoples person(which most introverts are), it is difficult to reach a conclusion.

Last edited:
A

A window to the soul

If I were to pick out examples of emotional geniuses, I would pick people like Mother Theresa, Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Jr., Princess Diana...(all feelers, mind you).

^ Perhaps just smoke & mirrors. What did their personal lives look like?

F

figsfiggyfigs

However, EQ can be used for bad - like in the case of Adolph .

I was actually going to use him as an example Ealier, but decided against it. Although his type is undetermined. Part of me believes hes a emotionally intelligent person because he was so aware of how others felt and how he was able to manage it. But then you consider his own emotional state, he was driven by an irrational hate for an entire race, which in itself is emotionally unhealthy, but not un-intelligent If he was aware of it, he would've been capable of managing it. Maybe his way of managing his emotions was what caused the holocaust.

In that case, not only was he capable of "uniquely" managing his own emotions, but millions of other people as well. Managing was accomplished by all forms of manipulation.

Personally. I believe that to be emotionally intelligent, positive reason/action is required. But that's my inferior fi talking.

Last edited:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
does anyone else find this curious?

Total EI
top 5: ENTJ, ESTJ, ENFJ, ESFP, ENFP
bottom 5: ISTP, INFJ, ISTJ, ISFJ, INFP

Self-Awareness
top 5: ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, ESTJ, ESFJ
bottom 5: INFJ, INTP, ISTP, ISFJ, ISTJ

ENFJ and INFJ. how does switching Ni and Fe wind up wildly impacting your scores on these scales?

that just really strikes me as surprising.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^ Perhaps just smoke & mirrors. What did their personal lives look like?

Smoke and mirrors? Are you joking? These people rose above their own egos to help and change humanity for the better.

This thread is utterly absurd.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
does anyone else find this curious?

ENFJ and INFJ. how does switching Ni and Fe wind up wildly impacting your scores on these scales?

that just really strikes me as surprising.

It strikes me as incorrect.

One of the most influential, emotionally mature people in history (Jesus, even people who aren't Christians admit what a nice guy and moral philosopher he could be) was an INFJ.

Again: thread. absurd.

Now I shall leave, lest I say it again.

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Emotional intelligence essentially means emotional skills. I don't think it refers to being nice or charitable, specifically at least. Similar to IQ in how it does not have inherent goals, motivations or morality behind it, and is merely a skill.

So yes, psychopaths have a certain element of emotional intelligence more than most, but that's forgetting the rest of what makes a psychopath (specifically non-violent and non-criminal psychopaths).

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It strikes me as incorrect.

One of the most influential, emotionally mature people in history (Jesus, even people who aren't Christians admit what a nice guy and moral philosopher he could be) was an INFJ.

Again: thread. absurd.

Now I shall leave, lest I say it again.

eh, i dunno about typing jesus, but i'm not in disagreement.

i dislike quantitative psychometric testing for a reason - it tries to make numbers out of holistic things. i understand why we need this sort of objective rating in terms of education, and in terms of establishing certain baseline requirements for real-life practicalities, but i think most of these tests - EQ, IQ - are rudimentary and vague in nature (does whether you can tell me whether bill, joe, or mary came in 1st place really assess your intellectual capacity?), as well as being generally detrimental because it suggests that things as complex as our ability to solve problems and our ability to relate to humans can really be counted, measured, compared. taken to an extreme, that we can put the worth of a human on some kind of linear scale.

imo, IQ is useful for determining whether children may need extra help, but the only thing it truly measures is how well you can take an IQ test. EQ similarly might give you an idea of your problem areas versus your strengths when dealing with people and other emotional issues. but still, the only thing it truly measures is how well you can take an EQ test.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I actually did some research on this Thompson character - he appears to be some TJ type himself - highly associated with the military, is the CEO of a company, holds motivational workshops, etc. Could be a snake oil salesman or a cult leader for all I know.

Did some more looking around and he doesn't appear to be any more of an "expert" than about twenty other people hanging out in the field.

It's good to question things. Something seems inherently wrong to me about saying that all of these introverts have low EQ.

I'm not even defending myself or my "turf" (as I already mentioned, I view myself as average - high average yet still average - and not above average in terms of EQ)...it's just that this all seemed like a huge steaming load of bullcrap to me, and people were just eating it up with a spoon because somebody quoted a so-called "expert" who did a study. o_O