• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Smartest type.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It really depends on what school you go to because I intuit the crap out of EVERYTHING and get fairly high marks,
EDIT:But then again, INTPs are supposedly the archetypal professor types.

Trying to picture what it is like to "intuit the crap out of everything"

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

not exactly. he simply stated his opinion on the topic of ths post. the word troll is grossly overused these days

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It looks something like this:

TimeTransfixed.jpg

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
There was a study done a few years back, I don't remember details.. and I don't think it really correlates to intelligence (however that may be defined).. but it did reveal that in elementary school the most common mbti types to be found in gifted and talented programs were INF followed by NF. The study was specifically focused empathy and intelligence.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Ok, the answer to the previous question was "A" so the teacher wouldn't have put the answer in "A" again. "B" doesn't sound right and "C" is too obvious an answer to be the correct one. So, it has to be "D"! :D

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Ok, the answer to the previous question was "A" so the teacher wouldn't have put the answer in "A" again. "B" doesn't sound right and "C" is too obvious an answer to be the correct one. So, it has to be "D"! :D

That's deduction.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's deduction.
Aye. It's more like reading between the lines too much. Like, Conspiracies. Introverted Intuition. Perspectives. Fact: Person ate Icecream. Ni: Person has some hidden sexual preference for ice because of A and B and other non-factual Details....and in reference to more info...with more info....added more info...

For me, intuiting too much is making lots of objective or strange connections. Chimney Train.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd put my stamp of approval on this statement.

My gift is memorization. I can read a text book and absorb it like a sponge. And fortunately for me... Our educational system rewards that ability. High school was a breeze and undergrad wasn't too bad either.

The problem I am running into in Graduate school is... Professors spend more time asking you to extrapolate your own ideas from information that is presented... Or asking you, "Ok, so your textbook told you that when X happens, Y does this. Now can you tell me WHY you think that happens?" That's where I hit a speedbump.

One of my chemistry professors keeps stressing that we MUST understand how/why mechanisms act the way they do, because we won't be able to memorize 450 different reactions. My response.... "Wanna bet?" *Patches proceeds to make 450 flash cards*.

I don't know if other ISTJ's process information the same way I do, but I wouldn't really refer to it as 'smart'. More like a computer. Insert data, and I can repeat it back to you whenever you request it. But I can't make up new data out of thin air.

my point exactly. ISTJs are brutally effective at school because of the ridiculous amount of organization and memorization that are entailed. you have to organize your time into
1) work time
2) study time
3) class time
4) sleep
5) errands
6) leisure time
ISTJs are brilliant at seperating these activities almost completely which leads to increased productivity, faster completion and an "I'm finished working, now I'm going to relax"ability that FJs tend to lack. ISTJs are also less likely to be preoccupied with distracting social activities that would appeal to ESTJs which allows them to focus better. for this reason, ISTJs to me seem to be the most pre equiped for academia

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
which means that ENFP's are...?

better at learning with a personal tutor. ENFPs tend to struggle with school because of the organization, routine and general lack of communication (after all, a ratio of 30 students to 1 teacher hardly promotes 2 way communication)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'd put my stamp of approval on this statement.

My gift is memorization. I can read a text book and absorb it like a sponge. And fortunately for me... Our educational system rewards that ability. High school was a breeze and undergrad wasn't too bad either.

The problem I am running into in Graduate school is... Professors spend more time asking you to extrapolate your own ideas from information that is presented... Or asking you, "Ok, so your textbook told you that when X happens, Y does this. Now can you tell me WHY you think that happens?" That's where I hit a speedbump.

One of my chemistry professors keeps stressing that we MUST understand how/why mechanisms act the way they do, because we won't be able to memorize 450 different reactions. My response.... "Wanna bet?" *Patches proceeds to make 450 flash cards*.

I don't know if other ISTJ's process information the same way I do, but I wouldn't really refer to it as 'smart'. More like a computer. Insert data, and I can repeat it back to you whenever you request it. But I can't make up new data out of thin air.

Blunt question: so, if you understand that your skillset is not fit for scientific research, why are you getting a PhD? What's the purpose? Does it make any sense?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Blunt question: so, if you understand that your skillset is not fit for scientific research, why are you getting a PhD? What's the purpose? Does it make any sense?

well, the most logical reason would be money :cool:

Greta

MBTI Type
INTe
:doh: The one least prone to dumb-ass threads like this one and the parallel EQ one.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess

Valid question... Multiple part answer.

Partly... Parental pressure. Since birth, for both my brother and I, they've been shoving the idea of higher education/graduate school/etc down our throats. They set the bar high for us, and for me it wasn't really a question of "will I go to graduate school" since it was always assumed as such. Quite frankly, my stepfather was upset that I didn't go to medical school. But I am NOT built for medical school. Secondly, because my field genuinely interests me and with effort I am doing well. Most people don't make it through college/grad school without putting forth an effort. The fact that I'm having to push myself to succeed doesn't mean it's the wrong career choice.

As for eventual career... There are aspects of research that I /am/ well suited for. And most research happens in teams, not as individuals. I think most research teams would find that having an ISTJ on a team is a valuable asset.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
school is not hard... especially highschool and early on college. The people with the best grades are those who work the hardest typically. That doesn't mean they are smart though.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
which means that ENFP's are...?

Say what you want, we're pretty good at school :shrug:

Statistically, I'll say the OP actually has it right in terms of IQ test scores. This question always seems to offend people, I've been flamed a few times for it before. Personally, I'm fine with there being a smartest type, as long as people don't think that type is the be-all-end-all to intelligence (it's not even close).