• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Smartest type.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Guess a p guy will never be the smartest since the J guys are too occupied with themselves :)

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Guess a p guy will never be the smartest since the J guys are too occupied with themselves :)

NTP's are booksmart if nothing else, but here's what I've realized about me: I want to have a fairly thorough understanding of ALL subjects. If you took myself and an INTJ and you said, "you have 1 year to learn as much as you can about THIS ONE SUBJECT" - INTJ would crush me. They'd go deeper and have more tenacity and more stick-to-itiveness than I ever could. I'm able to learn just as quickly as them, but after 1 year their hard work would pay off and they would know more than me about that one subject. They'd know A LOT. I'd just know "enough".

But, if you said, "you have 1 year to learn everything you can about anything you want" and report back in 1 year about a huge variety of subjects, that's where I'd thrive. Cuz it would allow me to jump from subject to subject. I'd learn Physics for 1 solid week, then I'd go "that's stupid. Next week I'm going to learn to speak Japanese." Next week - how to cook authentic Italian. Next week - the climate of the Pacific Islands. Next week - whatever. So, NTP's can learn whatever we put our minds to, but we don't really care to stick to 1 subject. We want to explore a variety of topics.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
NTP's are booksmart if nothing else, but here's what I've realized about me: I want to have a fairly thorough understanding of ALL subjects. If you took myself and an INTJ and you said, "you have 1 year to learn as much as you can about THIS ONE SUBJECT" - INTJ would crush me. They'd go deeper and have more tenacity and more stick-to-itiveness than I ever could. I'm able to learn just as quickly as them, but after 1 year their hard work would pay off and they would know more than me about that one subject. They'd know A LOT. I'd just know "enough".

But, if you said, "you have 1 year to learn everything you can about anything you want" and report back in 1 year about a huge variety of subjects, that's where I'd thrive. Cuz it would allow me to jump from subject to subject. I'd learn Physics for 1 solid week, then I'd go "that's stupid. Next week I'm going to learn to speak Japanese." Next week - how to cook authentic Italian. Next week - the climate of the Pacific Islands. Next week - whatever. So, NTP's can learn whatever we put our minds to, but we don't really care to stick to 1 subject. We want to explore a variety of topics.

*signed* In german we call our NTJ's "Fachidioten", which means "Fach - topic" , "Idioten - idiots". Means they are totally good at 1 topic and besides that cant even probably shake hands. I think this is a kinda hard way to call them, nevertheless I am still quite envious about how damn good some get in their fields :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I feel like sense we try to connect everything we perceive together somehow, even though we're doing several different tasks each skill required strenghtens or correlates with something else we've already done, which allows us to not only learn this new subject, but increase our ability in skills we've already learned, which amasses to one great thing eventually.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ya or makes you insane and think you are the total womanizer because you're good at math :D

R

ReflecTcelfeR

A lot of beliefs start out as delusions, perhaps it was just a few of these that morphed themselves into truths.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hmm, well said. Good thing to say to get away with things :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I know an ENTP who got a Ph.D. because of a bet he made (he never got compensated for winning the bet - the other guy went bankrupt). He became a successful professor, but I think he's bored out of his mind with it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You bet, I am gonna make this Dr.-Ing. or Ph.D. aswell, just because I want to read it on my tombstone, but when I see what "researchers" are doing at University, omg. Kill me right away

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I want to get one too. I don't really know how difficult attaining one would be. I think most of the effort would be spent trying to constantly care about just one topic to write on in your thesis paper.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Not if you call your topic for example "1 million possible ways of future mobility". Think one shouldnt ignore with such things like master or doctor theisis the abilities one has and really aim for a broad field topic. In engineering it's a bit easier since many topics are already that complex that you have enough to write and can take it like a teaching challenge in which you explain your reader a thing. That is intresting aswell.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Yep, the ENTP's that I know in these settings get very bored very quickly. As do the INTP's.

This guy was basically offered between $500k-1m in the form of a successful business that the millionaire no longer wanted to operate. The ENTP wanted to buy the business for himself, but didn't have the money. One day the millionaire (with Ph.D.) told him (they were friends, but competitive friends), "You could never get a Ph.D. You don't have the drive, or the ambition, and maybe not the intellect either." ENTP applied, attended, and completed it, but by that time the business was bankrupt and the guy refused to compensate him monetarily.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nice, I could imagine getting charged with such an accusation by people. It's what makes me move in disguise thru this world, people just have no imagination to see behind the curtain :)

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Nice, I could imagine getting charged with such an accusation by people. It's what makes me move in disguise thru this world, people just have no imagination to see behind the curtain :)

Yep.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
to explain my post a little more clearly, I think ISTJs are the most intelligent by school standard because of the way they go about things. school at first glance looks like a very N friendly environment, but if you look closer, it's SJ as hell. school is all about routine and organization. the way to get good grades is to take the information, organize it, routinize it and study the hell out of it, a perfect set up for an STJ. understanding the few concepts necessary to do well in the class comes as you study it, but organizing is the first step, organizing, studying and having a routine of how to do so consistently. if they do need help studying, SJs are also very teamwork/cooperation oriented and can get exactly the information they need from an authority figure as to how to do better. while I believe Intuitive types as a whole are more intelligent in the conventional sense, the modern school system is much more designed to fit the cognitive preferences of the SJ.
PS: when I started college, I thought I could just Ne my way through and come out alright, uh...WRONG! lol

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
IXTJs are the smartest and XNTPs have the biggest Pnees, agreed ? :D

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure, it highly depends on the topic I guess. I always think of SJ's as being the ones to have the stamina and will to sit in a classroom every day and follow through with all the tasks necessary to get the best grades. A lot of times I see SJ's doing the most accurate and correct thing that you're supposed to do to succeed. So, SJ's would naturally do best in school. INTP said INTP's would do well in school. I may agree with that, too, since (it appears to me), that their goal in life is curiosity and learning. When it comes to putting topics into practice, (AKA picking a job that's preferable to your type), I would then choose different types depending on what the job is. I think that in (some of the) higher level jobs and topics, (physicists, chemists, doctors, lawyers) someone needs a wide combination of traits and to be very very balanced in whatever their type is. Since in these fields people need to be able to view things from all sorts of perspectives.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm smart enough to know that this topic has been rehashed countless times. Do we really need another thread about this?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Yes ! my mind's so faulty I cant remember shit, I dunno how often I posted the same things on this board :D

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
The smartest type is the one that knows better than to create a thread about the smartest type. :smile: