• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most "genuine" type?

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still gonna say ISTJ. their overall mindset it "work hard, follow routine, get job done, come home to kids and relax". ISTJs are at work to do business and get their job done, not socialize, show off to friends and spend hours comparing accomplishments and gossiping. they are much more process and routine oriented. as a result, most of them care very little how they come across to people. most would just rather keep things simple and practical and have little time for the more "glamorous" things in life that most other types tend to want to go after.
as a whole, Is are significantly less pretentious than Es

The females are sickeningly competitive and will surely throw in your face how much their new boots cost, how much their baby alpaca coat cost, etc. -- I don't see that they're less pretentious at all.

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm still gonna say ISTJ. their overall mindset it "work hard, follow routine, get job done, come home to kids and relax". ISTJs are at work to do business and get their job done, not socialize, show off to friends and spend hours comparing accomplishments and gossiping. they are much more process and routine oriented. as a result, most of them care very little how they come across to people. most would just rather keep things simple and practical and have little time for the more "glamorous" things in life that most other types tend to want to go after.
as a whole, Is are significantly less pretentious than Es

This is so
WRONG

G

Glycerine

Self-explanatory. What type, generally, is the least pretentious? By pretentious, I mean "trying too hard" to do something; putting "sophisticated" books in your facebook "favorite books" section that you haven't read, having lectures on your iphone that you only listen to when other people are around, etc. Pretentiousness is not just intellectual; a person like Dr. Dre is pretentious in relation to Eazy E because Dr. Dre went to an expensive private school but raps about being a gangster whilst Eazy E "keeps it real".

I've written about this before but I still can't clearly define what I'm talking about. I have a really visceral negative reaction to "pretentiousness" (In quotes because it's the closest word to describe it) and it's a quality I can detect within 10 seconds of meeting someone or reading a paragraph of their text on forums. Another way to supplement this description would be a lack of self-awareness; being totally oblivious to how they are being perceived.
How do you think you come off to others? How do you view yourself?

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
This thread. :laugh:

Does anyone truly think it's possible to reach a consensus on such a topic?

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
perhaps you just discovered the potential consensus of there being no consensus :cheese:

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Between "Pretentiousness is a genuine trait" and "potential consensus of there being no consensus" ... I had a stack overflow somewhere in there.

The whole topic seems kind of pointless though.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm more genuine than any of you. And since my type is ISFP. ISFP is the most genuine type! *coughs*

Little_Sticks

"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."
--Carl Jung

Your faith in a one-liner that has to be taken in an appropriate context for it to be at all interpreted becomes an ode to the humor of human consciousness. I must thank you for the laugh. I hope to enjoy the many more, most enjoyable are my own.

Everyone keep doing your own part to join in now, ya' hear.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well ENFPs can embarrass the hell out of themselves thanks to being so genuine, but I still think ENFPs could be pretentious or fake about something, potentially.

This is why I've been having difficultlies of trusting them, unfortuantely.

Crescent Fresh

Diving into Ni-space
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
To stay on-topic, I would say any types with high level of maturity can be equally genuine.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entp are the most genuine. Why ? I dont know. But if any more questions should arise, entp are everything, we are omnipotent !

Soph11287

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
?
Sometimes I'm nice simply because I don't want to hurt the other persons feelings but generally I try to be honest, even if it makes me uncomfortable. I think ISFP's are the least likely to brag about their accomplishments, if anything we undermine them. I dated an ENFJ who was the most pretentious person I ever met. I think INFP's are very honest about expressing what they feel. INFJ's are, too.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't think there really is a genuine type because we all are like icebergs. But I heard people always say INFP is the most genuine because they cause less harm than other types, especially extroverts. It was based on the physical features and vibes compared to other types like the INFP soothing voice. They also said ISFP and IXFJ aren't as genuine because of Se, Fe, and Si/Ni. These types are usually more outgoing than INFP. And this is most likely based on the fact that since INFPs are genuinely the opposite of a loud extrovert, they are too quiet to cause harm. I don't believe it's true though, any type can be very loud or quiet, and situations change, no two environments are the same. So no, we're equally as genuine since we have equal amount of introverted functions.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't think there really is a genuine type because we all are like icebergs. But I heard people always say INFP is the most genuine because they cause less harm than other types, especially extroverts. It was based on the physical features and vibes compared to other types like the INFP soothing voice. They also said ISFP and IXFJ aren't as genuine because of Se, Fe, and Si/Ni. These types are usually more outgoing than INFP. And this is most likely based on the fact that since INFPs are genuinely the opposite of a loud extrovert, they are too quiet to cause harm. I don't believe it's true though, any type can be very loud or quiet, and situations change, no two environments are the same. So no, we're equally as genuine since we have equal amount of introverted functions.

Of course they are.