• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type would you LIKE to be?

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
If I could choose, I think I would go with ENTJ. They're prepared, organized, decisive, and intelligent in addition to being extroverted (an important bonus, if you ask me). I would also settle for ENTP.

How about you?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
enfp or enfj

I'm fairly satisfied with my type. If I had to change, I'd like to experience life as an ESFJ or an ENFJ because Fe doms seem such lovely people.

I also wonder what it's like to think like an INTP, so I'd love to give that a shot as well.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
I border between the two, so I get to experience both of those mindsets. I would love to be an ISFJ; they seem like lovely, sensitive, and wonderfully charismatic people. :blush: To be fair, my girlfriend is an ISFJ, so you could say I'm biased.

rav3n

While I'm fine with my type, it would be fun to be an ESTP. Changed my mind. I'll stick to my type. ;)

Last edited:

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
My dad is an ESTP. They are definitely a neat type with a lot of advantages, but I find my dad can be very dense and philistine a lot of times (not that those traits can speak for all ESTPs, of course).

rav3n

I love ESTP energy. They don't just steamroll, they do it with great delight!
Inaccurate assumption on my part. Some aren't very good at steamrolling.

Last edited:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
xNTP. If only I could carry my current experiences with me when I made the transition.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7

Well, let's see:

E - Extroversion > Introversion, IMO.

S - I'm an N, and I tend to assume a lot which gets me in trouble, so I'd rather be an S and less unassuming than I am right now.

F - Being a T would certainly make my life easier (I tend to do a lot for others because I feel it's the right thing to do), but no matter what, I just can't see myself being as cold and callous to people. I'd rather suffer through the troubles of Fe rather than being a dick to others (not to say all T's are dicks, but the majority I know are manipulative and selfish at their core).

J - I'm a P and I'm extremely lazy and sloppy. I'd rather be a J so that I can spend my energy and time on more practical things in an efficient manner.

NegativeZero

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
5w4
E > I - Agreed. Introversion will always be inferior to extroversion.

S > N - Disagree, although many times I wish I were an S because I feel it is more 'normal.'

F > T - Disagree, especially with your assertion that the majority of T's are "selfish and manipulative at their core." Cold and callous =/= selfish and manipulative. Maybe undeveloped T's have this problem, but to be honest, I do not find this to be true in most cases. Also, is cynicism NOT associated with F types? You think it would be, but the opposite is what I'm starting to believe is the case.

J > P - Totally agree, although P is almost equal in awesomeness; both have a lot of advantages.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd trade in this streched out oversized INTP sweatshirt for one of those engraved INFJ goblets. INFJs are like big foot and the lochness monster. Sure many people claim to have seen them, and most of them are lunatics, but deep down that little sliver of home remains that they're out there.

Thunderbringer

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
E > I - Agreed. Introversion will always be inferior to extroversion.

S > N - Disagree, although many times I wish I were an S because I feel it is more 'normal.'

F > T - Disagree, especially with your assertion that the majority of T's are "selfish and manipulative at their core." Cold and callous =/= selfish and manipulative. Maybe undeveloped T's have this problem, but to be honest, I do not find this to be true in most cases. Also, is cynicism NOT associated with F types? You think it would be, but the opposite is what I'm starting to believe is the case.

J > P - Totally agree, although P is almost equal in awesomeness; both have a lot of advantages.

I was just stating what type I would like to be and as such, I much rather prefer S and F over N and T. And like I said, from my experience the majority of T's I know are selfish and manipulative but I never said ALL T's were like that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENFJ...

love the ENF but would prefer to be outwardly self-assured and on top of things.

upon reflection, i think i could be quite happy as an ESFJ as well. i also think being an INT would be fascinating.

Last edited:

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm happy where I am. There are such huge downsides to being a clear-cut type.
ENFJ with developing Se, Si, Te and Fi suits me and my needs. I'm just happy that I can evolve like I do.
The MBTI has really helped my self-improvement a lot.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I am basically happy with what I am, but I sometimes wonder how it would be to be an Extrovert.