• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ISFP and not giving much space

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
A new thread then. I consider myself famous for not explaining thread topics as extensively but I trust the main tenet will be clear, otherwise ask. I just wrote a line in my notes and I thought: I should give this an entry online. It came to me the type ISFP may be open-minded (?) but in my experience doesn't allow for much space (in relation to the people around them) in what they allow others to deviate (from expected / desired behaviour) and where things are not immediately shown. Am I right? Am I being sour? Does anyone recognize this? It might be in the type ISTP as well.

So, hope I gave enough of an introduction or at least an understanding of the point I'm trying to illustrate.

D

Dali

I understood you just fine. :)

I'm ISFP and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of that continuum. I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.

I'd think most ISPs would be somewhat similar to myself in that regard. Perhaps others could pitch in?

wolfy

awsm
A new thread then. I consider myself famous for not explaining thread topics as extensively but I trust the main tenet will be clear, otherwise ask. I just wrote a line in my notes and I thought: I should give this an entry online. It came to me the type ISFP may be open-minded (?) but in my experience doesn't allow for much space (in relation to the people around them) in what they allow others to deviate (from expected / desired behaviour) and where things are not immediately shown. Am I right? Am I being sour? Does anyone recognize this? It might be in the type ISTP as well.

So, hope I gave enough of an introduction or at least an understanding of the point I'm trying to illustrate.

The line in bold confuses me.

I can be anything from really accepting of others behaviour to really wanting what I want from people. It really depends on how it affects me or more often something I am doing.

Tell me what the line in bold means and let me know if what I said makes sense.

gromit

likes this
I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.
Yeah I find myself doing that too... A friend recently told me one of my best qualities was how I don't judge, just let people be themselves. I thought it was really nice.

wolfy

awsm
Yeah I find myself doing that too... A friend recently told me one of my best qualities was how I don't judge, just let people be themselves. I thought it was really nice.

I remember getting a similar compliment. Always having an understanding of why someone is doing something rather than judging the behaviour was the essence of the compliment. That was pretty cool.

It still depends though. Even if I know why I'll push for what I want in a steady way.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I understood you just fine. :)

I'm ISFP and I'm pretty much on the opposite end of that continuum. I'm extremely open-minded and will often find myself attempting to rationalise (or tolerate) others' behaviour, as long as they're not hurting anybody else or themselves or being intentionally malicious.

I'd think most ISPs would be somewhat similar to myself in that regard. Perhaps others could pitch in?

I think malice requires intention. Other than that, all the same here. Agreed.