• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

To my fellow P's...

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
I find that this works wonders - "if you're not going to do it, just tell me up front instead of wasting both of our time"

When people are asking help from me, I try to tell them that they're either going to have to remind me at the moment they want it done, or let me get to it right away. I had a boss once who was simply bewildered by the latter - he'd assign me something, I'd jump right at it, and he was like "I didn't mean do it right now." He didn't realize that if it weren't done right away, and more assignments were lined up, it wasn't going to get done, no matter how much external organization existed.