• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Name that function.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's supposed to be Fe

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
What is the function that causes one to be able to look at a multiple choice question, generally math, and pick out the answer in the box, on sight, without thinking about it?

None of them. Functions don't work like that. They are motivations which indicate what general sort of things are important to each type, rather than cerebral process that grant abilities.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
None of them. Functions don't work like that. They are motivations which indicate what general sort of things are important to each type, rather than cerebral process that grant abilities.

I think the idea of this thread is a very good one. What we would need to make it work is 3 - 5 people who understand the functions very well who would volunteer to come up with a paragraph, video, or some other illustration of a function. If we came up with a new one every day and then the answer was provided at the end of 24 hours, I could see everybody gaining a lot of value out of it. We'd gain practice in recognizing the functions. It would be a fun thing to do.

Thoughts?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
What about when a person who works for the Teamster's Union skims through a newspaper and the word "Teamster" pops up from the page. His heart jumps in apprehension of what people have to say about the Teamsters. Has nothing to do with teamsters, it could be anything, from nationality to name to product.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What about when a person who works for the Teamster's Union skims through a newspaper and the word "Teamster" pops up from the page. His heart jumps in apprehension of what people have to say about the Teamsters. Has nothing to do with teamsters, it could be anything, from nationality to name to product.

Inferior something.

I've done that, so maybe inferior Se.

G

garbage

the desire to improve most everything, and a visualizations of the means and mechanisms needed to get there?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
the desire to improve most everything, and a visualizations of the means and mechanisms needed to get there?

Ni combined with Te

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
This is an awesome thread topic TG.

I have never considered myself to be mechanically inclined, but the truth is.. i really am. FOr having zero training and zero interest in parts/mechanics.. when something DOES break.. if i sit there long enough and analyze the parts I can usually put it back together faster than most guys i know that work with mechanical stuff alot. (heh heh)

I want to know what function you think I'm using.. heres a few key things i do while problemsovling

comparison model. I like to get an exact duplicate of a functioning object.. and do a detailed comparison of the broken item. This helps me figure out exactly what area is off or broken. When i take things apart I remember (exactly, in detail) how it all came apart so i know exactly how to put it back together. I analyze even the most intricate piece like a spring or something.. and if its off i will try to manipulate it to look or function like the working model.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
I want to know what function you think I'm using.. heres a few key things i do while problemsovling

comparison model. I like to get an exact duplicate of a functioning object.. and do a detailed comparison of the broken item. This helps me figure out exactly what area is off or broken. When i take things apart I remember (exactly, in detail) how it all came apart so i know exactly how to put it back together. I analyze even the most intricate piece like a spring or something.. and if its off i will try to manipulate it to look or function like the working model.
Se and Ti?
Great thread :)

T

ThatGirl

Yup this just pissed me off.

Marmie Dearest: ONLY SPs SEE WHAT IS REALLY THERE

Name that function!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Se does only see what's actually there.

Si sees through a filter of past, personal association.

Ne sees what it connects to/pattern.

Ni sees what's underneath what's there.

Getting pissed off is your own problem. Sounds like Fi.

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Yup this just pissed me off.

Marmie Dearest: ONLY SPs SEE WHAT IS REALLY THERE

Name that function!

Just a matter of how you stack the words: "SPs ONLY SEE WHAT IS REALLY THERE" ;)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Apparently no one ever told TG we're not supposed to quote Vent on the forum.

It doesn't matter. It's true, in a very straight-forward sense of the word. They see what is actually before them. Se sees the physical actuality of there it is.

Si sees there it is with a past, personal association.

Ne attempts to find the pattern or what it connects to.

Ni wants to know why or what it represents.

T

ThatGirl

Se does only see what's actually there.

Si sees through a filter of past, personal association.

Ne sees what it connects to/pattern.

Ni sees what's underneath what's there.

Getting pissed off is your own problem. Sounds like Fi.

Ni can be bold and sometimes cause people to become aware of what was right in front of there nose and they didn't see before.

I will admit, I get pissy when people hit my sensibilities.

Aka WRONG!

T

ThatGirl

Apparently no one ever told TG we're not supposed to quote Vent on the forum.

It doesn't matter. It's true, in a very straight-forward sense of the word. They see what is actually before them. Se sees the physical actuality of there it is.

Si sees there it is with a past, personal association.

Ne attempts to find the pattern or what it connects to.

Ni wants to know why or what it represents.

I asked your permission. If you take it back, I will delete my posts.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No, that's fine, you just didn't say in what context you were gonna use it. I'm okay with it.

It's just the way the functions work. I'm sorry if you don't like it.

Cimarron gave a beautiful example of how Si dom interpreted that photo.

You should have included the photo.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ni can be bold and sometimes cause people to become aware of what was right in front of there nose and they didn't see before.

I will admit, I get pissy when people hit my sensibilities.

Aka WRONG!

Yeah Ni is bold about telling other people what is underneath or what it represents.

That's Ni.

Ni is also paired with Se, just like Ne is paired with Si.