• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you find this video funny? (Experimental MBTI test.)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure. I suppose incoherence can be funny, like drunk people. Meh.

INFJ

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Was I supposed to take/drink something before watching it? Because it was not funny in the least.

INTJ.

Chiharu

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not funny at all. The music was annoying, the effects were terrible, and I don't enjoy listening to incoherent racist abuse. ENFP.

Btw, as an experiment, I'm not seeing any trends in your results. I see where you were going with it, but it doesn't seem to be working for you. Did you find it funny?

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
What I got from the experiment was that humor is tied more to intelligent than to type. Most people aren't intelligent, hence the result.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This looks like a job for burping cat:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzP3PWq1hSk"].[/youtube]

G

garbage

What I got from the experiment was that humor is tied more to intelligent than to type. Most people aren't intelligent, hence the result.

Nothing in this experiment linked intelligence to anything. How can you judge intelligence via an experiment if you're not even intelligent enough to run an experiment?

G

garbage

What's your metric for intelligence?

.. ... or, even your definition?

Also, you're wrong.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
Intelligence is skill of thought. The video requires a high skill of thought to comprehend. Most people don't have a high skill of thought, so they didn't comprehend it.

G

garbage

Then there's absolutely no link between the finding the video humorous and intelligence.. unless you're equating "tolerance to loud noises" and "humor" to "high level of comprehension"/"skill of thought"

G

garbage

Where? How?

If this was an experiment for your own personal satisfaction, so be it; you don't have to take this any further if you don't want to.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Perch420 said:
Intelligence is skill of thought. The video requires a high skill of thought to comprehend. Most people don't have a high skill of thought, so they didn't comprehend it.

let's look at the premises of your experiment.

(1) the video requires advanced skill to understand

it would be hard to correlate this video with IQ within minutes, but i think we can analyze it in terms of complexity well enough. from the perspective of gardner's multiple intelligences:

intrapersonal - pictures/video of people in pain/sad/upset, but the video does not encourage us to relate with them
interpersonal - insulting language directed at political groups - again, though, there is not much depth encouraged
linguistic - heavy use of obscenity, "foreign"/ borat-style grammar. one needs to pick up on this not being normal language.
logical/mathematical - perhaps logic, in understanding the humor (see below)
naturalistic - no
visual/spatial - not much, the graphics are pretty simplistic
bodily/kinesthetic - a dancer every once in a while, but the dancing doesn't actually match the music or pertain much to the point, besides adding to the sense of incongruity
musical - looped electronic background, not much complexity there

the skill required to understand the video as a parody seems almost purely rooted in seeing the disconnect between the very random, not particularly advanced visual aspects and the intentionally unskilled language, versus the serious pictures of people being upset and the interpersonal insults in the language. what one has to pick up on is the difference in qualities. incidentally, that's a very Ti/Fi sort of comparison - checking things for internal consistency.

regardless, that's not what you asked in the thread - not do you understand the humor in this video?, but do you find this funny?

so let's go to a second premise:

(2) finding the video funny relies on understanding it

let's face it, it's not like you have to do much to reach a conclusion that it's funny. you sit on your butt and notice that there are some incongruities, which strike you as odd, which make you laugh. you don't really even have to understand it to find it funny. you said yourself that it didn't take very long for you to pick up on it being a parody. in fact, i imagine that after a certain point, the more of it you do understand, the less you would find funny, because it would be too personally significant.

and a third premise:

(3) the people in this thread didn't understand and/or enjoy this video because they are unintelligent

so this video is rooted in a lot of things that are culturally obscure - the kebab meme - or elements that rely on you discounting their seriousness to understand the humor. the humor is based on not interpreting things. not taking them seriously, instead of diving into them. basically you either have to be familiar with the cultural references, or automatically assume you're supposed to discount the whole thing to find it funny. it doesn't really require much skill at all, beyond either remembering/recognizing familiar aspects or realizing that you're not supposed to take it seriously (which should be pretty clear from the randomness) - in which case a lot of people are going to stop and wonder why they even bother to watch this, especially because a lot of the elements are really just unpleasant. personally, i didn't bother watching it all the way through the first time because the graphics are painful and the music is obnoxious, and there really doesn't seem to be a point to the video, besides mockery. i've watched it quite a few times since... find it kind of amusing, but remove kebab is so much funnier. :D

conclusion:

while i do agree with you that there will tend to be an increased facility in understanding humor with greater intelligence, that is no guarantee of someone actually enjoying the humor. even with understanding the humor, i tend to doubt that there will be any correlation with this particular video because it is so reliant on finding random things inherently humorous, and so simplistic in many aspects as to be unappealing. plus, the people on this forum are probably so closely matched in terms of general intelligence, in the big scope of things, that there will be little discernible difference in skill that cannot be explained by personal preference.

in other words, after isolating all these other variables, i think what you've really tested for is whether others' sense of humor matches up with your own.

Perch420

MBTI Type
NiTi
Enneagram
5w1
The "kebab meme" didn't exist before this video. There are no cultural references to "get".

The incongruities and seemingly random juxtapositions in the video aren't random; they're positioned in such a way as to give off a specific vibe, which was palpable and evident. I can't explain it any better than that, but if it was just completely random things flying around then it wouldn't be funny. I don't know if it's intelligence per se, but "getting" the video requires a keener sense of conceptualization, which I thought would be linked to Ni, but I guess my hypothesis was wrong.

Wishes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
1/3
No. I didn't even really laugh; I smirked slightly at the stupidity. I didn't even finish the video. (I watched about 30 seconds.)
Interesting experiment though :)
ENFJ

Engineer

Dependable Skeleton
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The "kebab meme" didn't exist before this video. There are no cultural references to "get".

The incongruities and seemingly random juxtapositions in the video aren't random; they're positioned in such a way as to give off a specific vibe, which was palpable and evident. I can't explain it any better than that, but if it was just completely random things flying around then it wouldn't be funny. I don't know if it's intelligence per se, but "getting" the video requires a keener sense of conceptualization, which I thought would be linked to Ni, but I guess my hypothesis was wrong.

But see, to truly "get" the video, you don't necessarily even have to be smart, you merely require knowledge of a rather obscure type of YouTube protest video. Even the most intelligent man on earth wouldn't understand the reference without that information, and if then, only a specific type of person would find sardonic/parody humor funny... it's not necessarily a universal trend. Senses of humor are completely dependent on personality, not intelligence. For example, I have a friend who's an Honors scholar in some obscure field of biology who absolutely dies when watching those dumb cat videos, which I don't find funny at all. Each person is unique in regards to what they find humorous.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Careful what you say about cat videos :)

syndatha

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
At first, not funny at all.
Then it became more and more absurd and silly, so I did laugh involuntarily on and off for the rest of the video. Wasn't sure if the person who made it was for or against the serbs, but I got the feeling this was a parody. Not a very good or intelligent parody, though, and I find this video quite offensive. It's funny to challenge political correctness, but I prefer humour to be more intelligent and verbal.
ENFJ :nice: