• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

We need more inquiries into the popularity of the forum members, because..

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
a) ..I know whom I like, but I want to know whom other people like, so I can like them too. In addition, I stopped using diapers just recently.
b) ..I want to see if my recent social network tactics have succeeded. Also, I keep slices of my victim's livers inside my copy of Niccolo Machiavelli's The Prince.
c) ..in the end, popularity is really the thing that everything is really all about. Also, I think I am a bit slow because I have a big heart.
d) ..all this psuuh-koo-loh-zy is making my head hurt. Who wants to have cake?

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Actually, a more realistic option for a would be ..
a) ..I dont know whom to like, but I want to like the same people as the popular people. In addition, I stopped using diapers just recently.

G

garbage

man, I've said it before, but I just get creeped out by all of the threads in the bonfire where people list the names of certain other people for whatever reason :shrug:

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
An inquiry of popularity? Do you mean a system that organizes the most and lest popular members? I mean in that case, I always assumed that people did that informally with each other and whatnot.

G

garbage

An inquiry of popularity? Do you mean a system that organizes the most and lest popular members? I mean in that case, I always assumed that people did that informally with each other and whatnot.

we need an objective measure

maybe some type of reputation system or something

what do you guys think?????

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
I think that's what "friends" are for.

Friending. And stuff.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by bologna
we need an objective measure

maybe some type of reputation system or something

what do you guys think?????

Couldn't a rep system backfire though? Like become abused for means of tolling or exclusion?

I mean I usually tell how popular a member is by several factors:

1. Post count
2. Time on the forums
3. Likability from others
4. Individual charisma
5. List of friends

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Couldn't a rep system backfire though? Like become abused for means of tolling or exclusion?

I mean I usually tell how popular a member is by several factors:

1. Post count
2. Time on the forums
3. Likability from others
4. Individual charisma
5. List of friends

Roll for charisma?

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Why do we need to measure popularity?

I've traveled back in time to highschool.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Yes!! This is what every forum needs.. Hierarchy.

This is why I don't understand Te.. right??

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Yes, we should hire a programmer to make sure that a graphic illustration of boot-and-ass-licking-hierarchy is displayed on the main page, up-to-date at all times.

Or then, we could pay a little less attention on how to define normative behavior amonst ourselves.

Whaddya think?

KDude

Really, I don't mind. More power to you if you're popular. Not that there's any power involved. Or is there? I mean.. whatever.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
I think you are funny..

I really don't get it though.. Why would someone even imagine this?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do think that some people visit forums like these a bit more for the hanging out/bantering/making friends/flirting aspects (and they're perhaps more likely to make threads like the popularity ones or random acknowledgement or whatever), and others more for the "let's learn about typology and get input from other interesting people" aspect (which is more where I am - and I probably come across as a bit dour and unpopular as a result!)

While there are certainly plenty of people I like and find interesting on TypeC, I guess my impulse is to stay a bit more detached in the social aspects partly because I feel that I have enough people/friendships to maintain/keep up with IRL, and don't want to spread myself thin.

A bit off topic, but there you go. ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I think popularity and cliques are very intriguing to humans because they are the foundation of our survival and breeding as individuals.