• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is most prone to shyness?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
But but do you feeeeel like an enfp or an intj

'Feeling' like has nothing to do with being that type.

They're so totally different. It can't simply be a fault of not understanding functions... Can it?

In my opinion, it can and is.

Obsidius

Chumped.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INFJ/ISFJ in my experience are the most "shy", but that's entirely subjective and based upon no study or systematic evidence.

INFPtheQuietOne

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
INFJ/ISFJ in my experience are the most "shy", but that's entirely subjective and based upon no study or systematic evidence.

Well our type is generally more quiet, but yes there are lots of shy IXFJs. There's even shy extroverts like ENFPs or ENTPs.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
INTP or INTJ because they're type 5. They have high anxiety.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Introverted /= shy. Introverts can be shy, but one does not guarantee the other. I'm definitely an introvert, but I have no problem with public speaking, or talking to strangers. Most of the INTxs I know are the same way. They just need alone time to recharge afterward.

As for the high anxiety thing, I don't know where you would get that idea.

big sexy

MBTI Type
INfP
IxFx types would probably be the most likely to appear shy or meek; whether they actually are more likely to be shy I can't say.

Cygnus

My type.

I'm so much more persecuted than anyone else.

CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN THESE WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNDS THEY WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLL NOT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Chrysanthea

I don't know if I am shy, but if you give me anti-anxiety meds I am pretty outgoing. It's highly probable that I am not neurotypical though, so being INTP may not have much to do with it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

No. I'm not a type 5 and I'm not shy. I have a people and socializing limit every day and I need time to recharge.

hecait

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I'm as introverted as you can get, but anxiety is absolutely a limiting factor.

Great Skua

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm painfully shy if I find myself in a social situation unwillingly, though I'm quite quiet even among friends. I'm not bothered too much by public speaking if it's on a subject of which I'm knowledgeable.