• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I don't get this NF-NT pairing thing

chachamaru

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
?
Hell. No.

Terrible idea.

Unmet emotional needs, much?

B

brainheart

Listening to Nirvana Radio Friendly Unit Shifter yesterday- "love you for what I am not, did not want what I have got.."

It seemed appropriate.

I think as a 5w4 INFP, that's the deal. I am a very NT-like NF, so it seems redundant. As a Fi-dom who's kind of out of touch with her feelings, I like someone who is emotionally expressive. It helps coax mine out of their cage. So I married an ESFP two, which yes, can be crazy amounts of emotion sometimes, but at least I know how he feels! (And him being male I think tempers it a bit...)

The_World_As_Will

Hell. No.

Terrible idea.

Unmet emotional needs, much?

You can't be serious... :| not all NTs are emotionally dead, Some are healthier and better at examining and expressing their emotions, as well as meeting the emotional needs of their partners, that's a might broad brush to paint that you did there. heh, it's like me saying all ENFPs are attention-whores or NF's can't be rational ... clearly that is not the case.

charmaineslife

MBTI Type
ENFP
As an ENFP married to and ENTJ, I can say that and NF/NT relationship can be highly fulfilling. But understanding MBTI totally changed our relationship about 4 years in. Actually, it was Kiersey's book, Please Understand Me II that did it. I began trying to communicate my feelings more logically to him, and he worked on constantly praising me. ;) We haven't had a perfect relationship and it has been pretty emotional for me - and actually for him too, but it has definitely been the most rewarding thing I've ever done with my life. He gets me and my philosophical craziness like no one ever has. And he has challenged me and helped me grow. And he encourages me in my pursuits because he gets it.

I can see the other posters' views of needing more fun and to get out of their head so they are drawn to SPs. My brother is an SP and he is hilarious! I love hanging out with him. My closest friends and most favorite people though are mostly other NFs. I'm pretty sure that comes from the narcissistic side of the ENFP though. :)