• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The God in Every Man/Woman

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I just read about Bolen's "The God in Every Man" and "... Woman" and it all seems very interesting. Based on Jung's archetypes as well, but making a distinction between men's types and women's types and limiting it to 16 in total. Just like Jung, she doesn't imply a distinction between J and P.
It does not seem to be about real type but about behaviour.

Does anyone have experience with it? Organisations that use it? Background?

PS: I would be surprised if nothing had been said about this before, somewhere on MBTIc, but I have great difficulties doing searches on this forum (clumsy me).

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If she doesn't imply a distinction between J and P, what's the difference, say, between an ENFP and an ENFJ, or an ISTJ and an ISTP? (And if there isn't one, then how can there be sixteen types? Surely there'd only be eight - EST, IST, ENT, INT, ESF, ISF, ENF and INF.)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If she doesn't imply a distinction between J and P, what's the difference, say, between an ENFP and an ENFJ, or an ISTJ and an ISTP? (And if there isn't one, then how can there be sixteen types? Surely there'd only be eight - EST, IST, ENT, INT, ESF, ISF, ENF and INF.)

The OP seems to insinuate that there are eight types... for each gender ... adding up to 16.

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6

Well, if it were MBTI minus P/J, it would be cheap :)
8 times 2 (women and men).

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, if it were MBTI minus P/J, it would be cheap :)
8 times 2 (women and men).

I just skimmed the TOCs (online on Amazon) -- I only saw, I think, seven of each. Do you have a list of what the eight would be for each? Thanks. :)

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
I just skimmed the TOCs (online on Amazon) -- I only saw, I think, seven of each. Do you have a list of what the eight would be for each? Thanks. :)

Male:

Zeus (ExT)
Poseidon (xxF)
Hades (ISx)
Apollo (ENT)
Hermes (ENT)
Ares (ESF)
Hephaistos (ISF)
Dionysos (xSx)

Female:

Artemis (ENF)
Athena (EST)
Hestia (INF)
Hera (ESF)
Demeter (ExF)
Persephone (ISx)
Aphrodite (ESx)

So 15 types really. Hm, need to check with Jung.:rolli:

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why are there two ENTs and no INT?

mippus

you are right
MBTI Type
Intp
Enneagram
5w6
because it is less black and white than MBTI :)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The Greeks apparently hated introverts.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have no real experience with it, but I don't think it is much more than an archetype system that isn't quite as comprehensive as MBTI. I don't think it was cleanly designed to correlate with MBTI at all. I don't think it's based on the same part of Jung's work as MBTI is, but it may be based on some of his other archetypes.

I personally think leaving out J/P is a mistake, because I've found it to be the largest gap in how people process information, and the one that leads to the most communication problems for me.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Greeks apparently hated introverts.

Yep, it sure was frowned upon. Introversion in almost any society dating back not too long ago was considered something bad. But more bad if a man was introverted, since it is/was considered something of a feminine thing.

That's just the things i've heard, read, noticed etc. Personally favor introverts most of the time.