• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Ps More Sensitive Than Js?

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on my observations, it seems that as a general rule, P types, whether T or F, are more affected by their own emotional state than J types in making a decision. Even INFJs maintain a certain level of "disconnect" and distance when analyzing a situation or interacting with an individual that P types lack. Among Ps, even INTPs become very invested in their ideas to a point where any criticism of an idea or concept is a personal attack on the individual. I don't *think* I'm that way, and based on interactions with my "fellow Js," I don't think they are either. Am I way off on this observation? Let me know your opinion...

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based on my observations, it seems that as a general rule, P types, whether T or F, are more affected by their own emotional state than J types in making a decision. Even INFJs maintain a certain level of "disconnect" and distance when analyzing a situation or interacting with an individual that P types lack. Among Ps, even INTPs become very invested in their ideas to a point where any criticism of an idea or concept is a personal attack on the individual. I don't *think* I'm that way, and based on interactions with my "fellow Js," I don't think they are either. Am I way off on this observation? Let me know your opinion...

This can sometimes describe me. I wish it didn't, and I'm trying to change that, but yeah.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I dunno.....my current thoughts are that there are a lot of Js, especially TJs, who don't realize how sensitive they are......a 3rd or 4th place Fi can become very offended but the person doesn't realize that's where the conflict is.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I should add that I'm not trying to make an absolute statement. It's relative, of course.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Maybe just sensitive about different things sometimes??

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Js seem to snap a whole lot easier and quicker then P types. ISTJs seem to snap less and less in there old age and fall to a more sensitive Fi towards the world. And I dont mean sensitive as in they get offended easily. My INTJ dad in his old age gets offended easily.

And it sounds like you are jduging P types from a J stand point, but judging J from a J standpoint. Here is a P standpoint of how J types are.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think maybe Js are better at hiding it? Not sure if there's an actual "sensitivity" difference. I presume you mean emotionally - certainly Fi seems more sensitive in general vs. Fe, not sure if that also applies to Ts though (esp. since TPs would be Fe, etc).

Then again, Js also seem more....outgoing about expressing strong disagreement. Maybe. I don't know.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think maybe Js are better at hiding it? Not sure if there's an actual "sensitivity" difference. I presume you mean emotionally - certainly Fi seems more sensitive in general vs. Fe, not sure if that also applies to Ts though (esp. since TPs would be Fe, etc).

Then again, Js also seem more....outgoing about expressing strong disagreement. Maybe. I don't know.

That seems to wrap it up pretty good IMO.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've been told I'm pretty cold and insensitive at times... And my husband (a J) has been told he has too big of a heart and too sensitive at times. For me it seems to depend on the subject matter.... I know I'm more sensitive about somethings than my husband is.... And I know there are things he's more sensitive towards than I am. :shrug: Just depends.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I think what you're describing is more about Fi and Ti doms/auxs. The subjectivity of these functions makes them more sensitive and personally invested in things, whereas Fe and Te dom/aux require more objective distance to operate.

rav3n

I think what you're describing is more about Fi and Ti doms/auxs. The subjectivity of these functions makes them more sensitive and personally invested in things, whereas Fe and Te dom/aux require more objective distance to operate.
From what I've experienced, Fe doms are very sensitive and volatile.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
^ true. Fe doms are very aware of interpersonal communication.

:yes:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Absolutely. My post wasn't meant as an attack on P types by the way, just something that seems, in my experience, to mostly hold true. Actually, after thinking about it some more, I think introversion/extraversion plays a greater role. Te/Fe aren't really emotionally invested, but neither are Se/Ne, and Si/Ni can be very invested in their own perceptions.

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
Absolutely. My post wasn't meant as an attack on P types by the way, just something that seems, in my experience, to mostly hold true. Actually, after thinking about it some more, I think introversion/extraversion plays a greater role. Te/Fe aren't really emotionally invested, but neither are Se/Ne, and Si/Ni can be very invested in their own perceptions.

Hehe, well when you get into introversion/extroversion I have no input. Me and my husband are both introverts. That's our only common letter. :smile: I think part of his sensitivity comes from the environment he grew up in though.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Simple answer: No.

I remain emotionally detached from feedback. If you read my reaction as emotional, well, I could say more but it'd give away secrets... let's just say that I'm not.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
From what I've experienced, Fe doms are very sensitive and volatile.

^ true. Fe doms are very aware of interpersonal communication.

:yes:

I can say the same about Fi-doms, therefore I think pointing fingers is pointless.

I too think that it doesnt matter whether you are p or J; with Js it is often the case that they repress their true feelings and dont show them in a situation and that you may have actually hurt them with a thing tho you got no reaction from them.

I couldnt answer the question if any type is actually more sensitive than any other, what is true tho definitly is that that type who isnt sensitive at all, is missing out on a lot of what it means to be human

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
Just based on my friends most to least sensitive:

ESFJ
ISFP
ENTJ
ESFJ
ESxx
ISTP
ESTJ
ESTP
INTP
and of course me way down here at the bottom :newwink:

I see no J/P correlation, but there are a bunch of F's piled up at the top :).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
No entp friends ? You dont know what you are missing !