• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Are Ps More Sensitive Than Js?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nah that is going to be tougher, we entps never admit that we are friends with anyone

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
My post wasn't meant as an attack on P types by the way
I certainly didn't think it was :)

just something that seems, in my experience, to mostly hold true. Actually, after thinking about it some more, I think introversion/extraversion plays a greater role. Te/Fe aren't really emotionally invested, but neither are Se/Ne, and Si/Ni can be very invested in their own perceptions.
True, I think it has to do with just how personal the function is.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just speculation here but IxTPs have dominant Ti, which compared to Te is more subjective and wouldn't the judgements from Ti be more internal and based on one's own personal standards than Te? Therefore, could it be possible that insults on the dominant function tend to affect Ti dominant types more personally than Te dominant types?

Also, ExTPs have tertiary Fe and some of them can be quite emotionally expressive. ExTJs have tertiary Fi and are less likely to show expressiveness. So ExTPs might give off the appearance of being more sensitivie than ExTJs.

In reality, though, I've seen next to zero difference between TP and TJ types in regards to sensitivity.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is typical intp logic. The subjectivity of primary Ti can be a cause for sensitivity - agreed. But then the tertiary Fe of an ExTP should be the reason for their sensitivity, tho secondary Ti is here the stronger function aswell.

YOU MAKE NO SENSE, I AM SENSITIVE MAN !!!! :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
I think it's just because J's often look like superman/wonder woman with all their achievements. People get an allusion of strength and less sensitivity.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
From the external? In general, Yes.

Think.
J = Dom Je or Aux Je (ExTJ) - (IxFJ)
vs.
P = Ter Je or Inf Je (ExTP) - (IxFP)

How much more is probably insignificant.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sensitive at all. hehehe :devil:

Neveraskedtobeborn

MBTI Type
INTJ
Judging is decision making. If you are an F type you base your decisions on feelings, if you are a T type you base your decisions on thinking.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Judging is decision making. If you are an F type you base your decisions on feelings, if you are a T type you base your decisions on thinking.

Having learnt the book by rote, isnt a guarantor you actually understood what has been said there. ;D

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Based on my observations, it seems that as a general rule, P types, whether T or F, are more affected by their own emotional state than J types in making a decision. Even INFJs maintain a certain level of "disconnect" and distance when analyzing a situation or interacting with an individual that P types lack. Among Ps, even INTPs become very invested in their ideas to a point where any criticism of an idea or concept is a personal attack on the individual. I don't *think* I'm that way, and based on interactions with my "fellow Js," I don't think they are either. Am I way off on this observation? Let me know your opinion...

It has been my observation that everyone is sensitive. Some just bury it more deeply, so it looks like they're not effected as much by things. It's surprising how little turbulence is required to fuck someone up.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
I think it's just because J's often look like superman/wonder woman with all their achievements. People get an allusion of strength and less sensitivity.

The wish to be seen as superman/woman is more evident than their being superman/woman. It can be cute sometimes. This, along with the striving after titles and power, however silly and from wherever granted, is one thing that helps some of us decide we're not intjs.

In any event, the outbursts and post-wars evident in numerous intjs' posts here when they're involved in discussions should have dispelled any illusion about relative lack of sensitivity.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
no, FJs as a whole are probably the most sensitive types

redacted

This conversation could use a distinction between sensitive and reactive.

Also: It is true that Ps are more affected by what they consider to be their internal state than Js are by what they consider to be their internal state. But whether any type is literally more affected by emotions than any other should be judged from a biological (brain-based) framework instead of inherently biased first-person narratives.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
What makes you so sure to think that a brain-based framework wouldnt be inherently biased ? I mean you cant run 60 Ampere thru a 6 mil copper wire ?! :D

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
This would make sense, because of introverted movement of libido on J function with P types. But doesent explain everything and i think that they are sensitive in bit different ways, also T F has an huge effect to this.

redacted

What makes you so sure to think that a brain-based framework wouldnt be inherently biased ? I mean you cant run 60 Ampere thru a 6 mil copper wire ?! :D

A brain-based framework is testable with brain imaging techniques at least. Of course there's bias in any framework by definition, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to minimize it.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm a J, but very oversensitive and very swayed by my emotions. As I have gotten older, I have gotten better and better and being able to make a more objective decision, but the emotions still play a big role.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
A brain-based framework is testable with brain imaging techniques at least. Of course there's bias in any framework by definition, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to minimize it.

So you mean: if you'ld take a picture of the brain, you'ld know how its framework operates ?