• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Non-standard Fi Ti dominant

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
any others? How do you feel about your life? :)

If you strongly think you have another non-standard jungian function pair as your dominant functions, how do work it out with the MBTI system?

(Say you strongly associate with dominant Ne Si, or some other non-standard combination).

What you make of it?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I think it's the difference betwen knowing what you want in life (Fi) and wanting you to know in life (Ti).

After doing the cognitive test at Understanding the Eight Jungian Cognitive Processes / Eight Functions Attitudes I realised that Fi was my third highest function after Ti and Ne. The test gives a rudimentary knowledge of each of the functions.

I often wonder how much people are removed from their demon function, as it seems just short skip from their dominant function. But I think it depends on exposure to functions perhaps early in life. My mother who is an ISTJ also has very high Fi, and I think I inherited it (environmentally) from her. We also both have a very low Se-Ni axis.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I'm feeling my top Fi Ti functions make me sensitive about the subjective feelings of everyone as well as wanting to find the truth of everything, even with insensitive means.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm feeling my top Fi Ti functions make me sensitive about the subjective feelings of everyone as well as wanting to find the truth of everything, even with insensitive means.

Are you comfortable when you're being sensitive about everybody's subjective feelings? Could it be partly immature Fe?

Sometimes I feel like that, but found Ti to be a delicious antidote.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
MM, nah. I arrange everything by their logical and informational contents, as well as their emotional content, both of which converge to some standard "norm" of evaluation - so I hold them both quite objective. Sensitive is rarely moody, rather "observant". I do have weakest Fe tho ;)
Are you comfortable when you're being sensitive about everybody's subjective feelings?
Very much so. Mostly observant, and somewhat empathic.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Mmmmmmmmm. Maybe Ne?

I don't know, it seems we have to make a new type for you:

ITiFiP

Better than my friend though, he's a:

PeNiS

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
So, any other strange combos? As I recall it, there's 8 possible primary functions, 2 standard and 5 non-standard secondary functions per primary :D That's plenty of non-standard combos :D

nemo

Enneagram
<3
When I originally read Jung, I interpreted his paragraph(s) on auxiliary functions to mean that they had the same attitude as the dominant function.

Meaning there'd by types with like, Ti dominant and Ni auxiliary (instead of Ne); or Ne dominant and Te auxiliary (instead of Ti). I got the impression that the attitude was switched for practical reasons when the MBTI came along.

I dunno if that's right. I don't even have Psychological Types anymore. But in some ways I don't like how MBTT leaves open all those holes with functions that aren't in the order, etc.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Maybe there isn't sixteen types. Maybe it's more like 40320 types.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I often wonder how much people are removed from their demon function, as it seems just short skip from their dominant function. But I think it depends on exposure to functions perhaps early in life. My mother who is an ISTJ also has very high Fi, and I think I inherited it (environmentally) from her. We also both have a very low Se-Ni axis.
It must get a bit fuzzy with the inferior function and the lesser.

In any case, an empirically established personality system would rule over the current. We've heard you've supposed to be a nutcase and in an insane asylum if you boast two perceiving functions as your primaries, for example. But, I'd be curious to find out ;)

don't report me to the nearest madhouse just yet ;)

But ohh, the non-standard development. The environment is a big one. Damn, some might even not be repressed and all twisted for developing in their own way.

That low Se Ni.. how do you feel it turns out for you (both)?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
That low Se Ni.. how do you feel it turns out for you (both)?

Don't know. I don't know what I'm missing out on. My lack of Ni and high Ti might account for my cynicism in anything spiritual. I also find Se kind of boring, especially if somebody tries to talk to me in it.

I think the same would go for my mother.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I seem to have a fairly strong Fe/Ti axis. But my Fi/Te seems rather weak by comparison, and I think I tend to avoid those two particular functions.

I wonder what the effects of that would be?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I was wondering about that test and after deconstructing it seemed to describe Ti and Fi in the following ways.

Ti: good at fixing logical problems or inconsistantcies
Fi: understanding others and knowing what you want

I was wondering why there wasn't Ti version of "knowing what you want", like "trying to analyse yourself objectively" or something. It seems to say Ti has no self awareness like Fi, but having high Ti I disagree.

And so I wondering if that was why I scored high Fi. Because I scored high on the questions that asked if I knew myself well. Can this not be convered by Ti at all? Because if so it seems a little constricting.

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I was wondering about that test and after deconstructing it seemed to describe Ti and Fi in the following ways.

Ti: good at fixing logical problems or inconsistantcies
Fi: understanding others and knowing what you want

I've never come across anything mentioning Fi was in understanding others, Fe is for that. Even Fi simply "knowing what you want" should be more of "knowing your true feelings/values and what you want to know about them". Something like that :D

I was wondering why there wasn't Ti version of "knowing what you want", like "trying to analyse yourself objectively" or something. It seems to say Ti has no self awareness like Fi, but having high Ti I disagree.

Ti being your 1st CP is used to dissect info relayed from Ne so that you(Ti) can come to your understanding/conclusions about it-- I wouldn't call it self-awareness anymore than I'd call Fi that or Ni or Ne etc. A person can know their Fi well or not, even for Fi Doms. It's in how it's easily accessed witch displays self-awareness (as with any of the CPs for any Type). People can become slaves to their Dom CPs, especially the first two if they're emotionally unhealthy and lacking self-awareness (really, who isn't, some of the time?..or most people most of the time...). So, they become lazy. If you are in that way, you may just deflect other's info/opinions as idiotic or illogical and stubbornly stick to your POV. Are you self-aware with your Ti? Nope~

So far, I've always read you as someone who carefully plays with your words by picking the best ones (Ti), throwing it out for others to play with (Ne) so that when they respond, understanding you or not--, you take from that (Ne) so you play some more by figuring out how best to respond (Ti)! :D For those whom misunderstand you though, ah! Bad reaction from INTP's Fe! :(

And so I wondering if that was why I scored high Fi. Because I scored high on the questions that asked if I knew myself well. Can this not be convered by Ti at all? Because if so it seems a little constricting.

I dislike online tests and find them largely to be lacking. I've often scored INTJ. Once or twice ENxx or something. I forget. Understanding one's own CP is probably best. Well, if it can be understood to begin with as some have a hard time. Here's a site where you can graft your CP to the INTJ examples.

Edit: I should add. You're probably an evolved INTP who has demonstrated growth with Fi and probably your other CPs as well. I believe that people, of all types, can evolve in not only accessing the full spectrum of their CPs but enhancing their use of them once they become self-aware enough into being emotionally healthy people.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I've never come across anything mentioning Fi was in understanding others, Fe is for that. Even Fi simply "knowing what you want" should be more of "knowing your true feelings/values and what you want to know about them". Something like that :D

I know, and I ask because oftentimes I am consumed with thinking about myself. All the time. Sometimes in overly flattering ways. I don't have many values, in fact the word sickens me, but I am obsessed with myself and don't find many definitions of Ti that carry that quality. I know XNTPs are often aacused of arrogance and it's probably apt.

I'm guessing most people are probably self aware when they're in their dominant function, even if that means severing parts of themselves (the other functions).

So far, I've always read you as someone who carefully plays with your words by picking the best ones (Ti), throwing it out for others to play with (Ne) so that when they respond, understanding you or not--, you take from that (Ne) so you play some more by figuring out how best to respond (Ti)! :D For those whom misunderstand you though, ah! Bad reaction from INTP's Fe! :(

Thanks for that, sometimes your dominant function becomes so much like the air you breathe that you can't define it yourself. I appreciate getting an example of how I use it.

I dislike online tests and find them largely to be lacking. I've often scored INTJ. Once or twice ENxx or something. I forget. Understanding one's own CP is probably best. Well, if it can be understood to begin with as some have a hard time. Here's a site where you can graft your CP to the INTJ examples.

So do I usually. The first time I learnt about MBTI I got INFP. Imagine my disgust! I had to read up to learn than I'm not.

But I did learn some definitions of the functions from this test, the only one I really have trouble explaining is Ni. You couldn't give me some help on that could you?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
typology has always been noticeably bad at dealing with people that lie on the cusp. Then there's the whole mess of function development.

Me, I'm N more strongly than anything else.

Mine probably goes Ni>Ne>Fe=Ti>Fi>>Se>Te>>Si

In the end, I don't think what exactly you classify yourself as matters. Just that you're comfortable with using a balance set of functions.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP

I just read your discussion on the pen idea there.

So Ni is more concerned with the concept of what a pen is and what it can potentially mean? Maybe that pens represent a conscious desire of humans to reconstruct the world with the careful flick of a wrist?

And that it's my Ne that tells me the nib of a pen is the perfect size and width to clean out my ears?

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I just read your discussion on the pen idea there.

So Ni is more concerned with the concept of what a pen is and what it can potentially mean? Maybe that pens represent a conscious desire of humans to reconstruct the world with the careful flick of a wrist?

And that it's my Ne that tells me the nib of a pen is the perfect size and width to clean out my ears?

I would say that would be a fair assessment. Although using the nib of a pen to clean out your ears can have undesirable effects. Better make sure there's no ink in it first. :dry: