• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI topic of the month chat

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm normally not a big fan of online chat. You never know what the topic of discussion is until you log in. As an introvert, I prefer to have some idea what the topic will be so I can have some time to collect my thoughts beforehand. So I got to thinking about a monthly chat session with a targeted MBTI topic. This sort of chat is something I'd be very interested in.

Some examples of topics that I think could be thought provoking:

*Same function, opposite attitude. How do you interact with people who share your dominant function but have it in the opposite attitude? For example, how do dominant Ti types interact with dominant Te types? What are the challenges?

*The limits to MBTI. What can the MBTI do? What can't it do? Are there situations where MBTI is not appropriately used or misused?

*Development of type with time. How has the manifestation of your type changed during the course of your lifetime? What life circumstances have changed the way your type works for you?

Feel free to add ideas of your own.

I think a potential challenge to having a monthly chat session is figuring out a good time. People from all over the world are on this forum, so a time that would work well for someone in the USA, may not work so well for someone in Australia. One solution would be to have a few different chat sessions at different times on the same topic.

Sunny Ghost

I assume you're talking about chatting with other forum members here?

For me... when it comes to aim, phone texting or facebook chat... I'm quite a fan. I feel like I communicate a lot better via those devices than in person. One of the nice things about chat, to me, is that there's no pressure to immediately respond. You can take a moment or three or more, to think about what you want to say, or think an idea out more clearly, before putting in a response. This is great for me, whereas in person, I feel pressure to respond more immediately and often don't think through what I am saying.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't believe only one person has responded to this thread. It's kind of ironic how this is an MBTI forum, yet lately the topics that are getting multiple pages of responses tend to be the ones that have nothing at all to do with MBTI or type theory.

Are people just not interested in this sort of thing? I don't except everyone to be interested but you would think with the hundreds of active members on this forum, at least a few would have expressed some serious interest.

Or did this thread somehow got "buried" but it had to compete with threads that are more "interesting" like all the sexuality ones that seem to get pages and pages of responses.

Or they saw the name Such Irony as the thread starter and immediately turned away.

:steam:

guesswho

MBTI Type
ENTP
For example, how do dominant Ti types interact with dominant Te types? What are the challenges?

ENTP and ESTJ interaction.

ESTJ: There's smoke in the bathroom.
ENTP: Are you serious? I don't see no smoke.
ESTJ: Yes, you smoked in the bathroom, I can't even enter the bathroom now, can't you SMELL IT? How am I supposed to take a bath?
ENTP: I don't know I can't smell.
ESTJ: STOP smoking in the bathroom.
ENTP: Why?? it's fun

ESTJ: Today we have to clean the apartment, or have you forgotten again?
ENTP: Can't we do it tomorrow?
ESTJ: No I have something to do tomorrow, and you aren't really doing anything now. I told you a week ago that we're cleaning the apartment today.
ENTP: I forgot. Don't you ever want to sit still and not do anything?
ESTJ: You never think about our apartment, you don't care.

ENTP: Have you seen my phone?
ESTJ: Yes it's on the fridge.
One day later.
ENTP: Have you seen my headphones?
ESTJ: Yes..they're on the washing machine.
One day later.
ENTP: (calling) Can you remember where I put my keys?
ESTJ: WTF you're calling me for that!?
ENTP: Yes I have no idea where they are.
ESTJ: Try looking in your pocket of the jeans you were wearing yesterday.
ENTP: Wow you're awesome thanks!

ENTP: Why are you always unplugging your laptop's battery cable ?
ESTJ: A friend told me the battery will work more if I do that.
ENTP: That doesn't make any sense.
ESTJ: Are you saying that I should always keep the laptop plugged in? What if it gets fried?
ENTP: That also doesn't make any sense. Everybody keeps it plugged in all the time. It doesn't matter.

ESTJ: (calling) My laptop's monitor isn't working.
ENTP: Do you honestly think I can repair your laptop on the phone.
ESTJ: Do you have any idea what may be wrong?
ENTP: Yea..it's fried.
ESTJ: Can you fix it?
ENTP: What do I look like a laptop handyman?

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
SuchIrony, would you be against carrying out your discussion idea here?

I'd be fine with that.

Since there doesn't seem to be much interest, I think I'll drop the idea unless I hear more responses in the next few days.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There seems to be too little demand for thoroughly planned discussions of MBTI.

Too much need for instant gratification, and perhaps not enough depth to the system itself.

I don't know how I would go about type talking in such a premeditated matter, and I already approach the threads here by looking at the topic and thinking about it a few days and then replying.

Perhaps this could be the Topic of the Month thread in itself...