• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types and Deja Vu

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm as most of you know an ESTP. I just had a Deja Vu experience for real, I actually remembered dreaming this particular thing and I remember this particular dream very well, had it a few nights ago, and it just happened :shock:

It was me cooking chicken nuggets and garlic baguettes in a frying pan, thinking a specific weird thought that I don't want to elaborate on. :shock:
That is not ordinary to cook together, and no garlic baguette slices in a frying pan anyway :smile: And the thought was so very specific.

I can't dismiss that I do actually somehow believe in that dreams sometimes are true and will happen in actuality.

How do you other types experience this?

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Moved to MBTI, Enneagram, and other personality matrices

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One of my friends yesterday told me that serious deja vu is actually a symptom of epilepsy. I don't exactly know or understand how the two relate, but perhaps someone could elaborate if they too have heard about this.

As an ESTP, I wouldn't be surprised if you experienced it. Your dominant function is Se, related wholely to experience and detail of experience(s). If you are so attuned to your environment, naturally you might feel you had experienced something similar. So, essentially, I'm willing to bet that Se types experience deja vu more than non-Se types do.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I tend to have "double deja vu", where I'll have a deja vu, than have the same deja vu sometime in the future, where I remember that I had it the first time. It produces a weird feeling of me "predicting" a deja vu.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ezra, the case might be as you think, actually. I'm very much a detail person when it comes to the world around me.. But I can assure you... I generally don't eat chicken nuggets. And i've never done garlic bread at the same time, and thinking that special weirdass thought. Actually I was thinking about an ex, with wich it ended a couple of years back. And the thought was very precise. Wich is strange, because I remember that exact combination of things from earlier. And I forgot to mention the song playing in the background, Real McKenzies - Loch Lomond. Haven't heard that in a long time either.

But yeah, it might have been a sign of the myelin fat (is the nerve-fat thingy called myelin in english medical language?) being deteriorized or something, because I hadn't slept much.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Its happened to me a few times, too. Sometimes week later, sometimes years later. How do I experience it?

Its just a fascinating aspect of dreams, dreams are not real, yet they seem to have an uncanny relation to reality. Deja Vu is one part of this. I find them very mysterious and trippy.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I tend to have "double deja vu", where I'll have a deja vu, than have the same deja vu sometime in the future, where I remember that I had it the first time. It produces a weird feeling of me "predicting" a deja vu.
When you predict a deja vu and it happens anyway as if destined... thats crazy. Its happened to me once or twice.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
I don't know how it relates to type... sometimes I get that. A sense of feeling that the deja vu will happen. But I have inferior Se though... so it always feels like I vaguely recall what's going to happen. How a conversation goes for instance. But I have no idea where the thought came from. A very strange feeling indeed. :yes:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I had a deja vu today. They usually only last for a few seconds. I may have only experienced less than a dozen in my whole life. I have no idea where they come from, but sometimes I think it can be something I experienced first in a dream.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am an ESFJ, and I get deja vu constantly. I used to think that maybe I just did the same things over and over, but I have had dreams that ended up happening in just the same way.