• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which type has the most trouble controlling their temper?

Which type has the most trouble controlling their temper?

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • INFJ

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INFP

• ESFJ

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • ISFJ

• ESFP

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • ISFP

• ESTJ

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • ISTJ

• ESTP

• ISTP

• ENTJ

• INTJ

• ENTP

• INTP

• Total voters

Tabula

MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I shrink in the presence of naked, angry Te. But, that probably has more to do with me than the xxTJ. At least with them (or the ones I've known, specifically my IsTJ father) you can always see it coming. I recoil before the blow even hits. (okay, not literally!)

In terms of losing and not being able to keep control of that anger, my vote goes to ESxPs, slightly more so to the ESFPs. Unpredictable and volatile. My [ESFP] brother is a loose cannon - he likes to punch holes in walls and break doors off hinges. I think with Fi, it's not always obvious what's going to bother him/set him off - all it takes is an innocent mention of something; "Did you win the game?" and that's it.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
My ENTJ can have a hard time controlling his temper sometimes. And he has a nasty temper.

Actually - That is one of the reasons he has never been drunk and refuses to drink. Aside from the alcoholism that runs in his family, he doesn't feel as if he would be able to control his temper while drunk, and that it would get him into trouble.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yep, ESFJs can control their temper because of Fe, pending on their sense of propriety and where they feel comfortable expressing themselves, because they're less likely to just express wherever.

Unlike my ESFP mom, who once felt compelled to kick a screen door in when I was around 8 years old.

I would tend to think ESFPs have more problem with this, followed by ExTJs, then ENFPs, and then, only then, ESFJs and ENFJs.

If provoked then EPs do ahave a problem with controlling temper, but they are generally laid back. ExTJs and ExFJs have this sense of how things are supposed to be and if things dont follow that they have a hard time controlling there temper. EPs have to be purposely provoked before they have a hard time unless thay have a real strong Te/Fe. And I am still trying to type my sister-in-law. ESFP or ESFJ. And yes there is stuff broken from not controlling her temper. With EJs they dont have to be provoked, just not meet that standard expectation that Fe/Te upholds.

KDude

I had a bad temper when I was younger. It's still somewhat there. I don't think I have a strong Te though.. I have an immature Te, if anything. Like SJs though, I was expecting certain things from people. Like basic respect. You can't blame me on that one. =) I don't know.. by the time I was in junior high, I knew all of the little hints or signs of someone insulting me or whatever, and when they did it, it would get heated or I'd end up starting fights with them. It would seem like I was going off and being out of control because sometimes I would get in situations for small things... but in my view, I was just on to people and the consequences of letting them get away with those small things. I felt like I had to nip it in the bud right away.. since my childhood was comprised of trying to brush things off, and I got little out of it except more people being jerks.

Anyways, I would ultimately chalk it up to having something to prove more than anything. And not being creative with situations as I could have been. Once I realized how much I could slap people down, I guess I would just unconsciously rely on that.. because it worked. It took awhile to realize that just because it's works doesn't make it right. And I think anyone is capable of falling into this.

AgentF

Unlimited Dancemoves ®
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i have a temper that could burn down a thousand forests.

unfortunately, it looks very much like a 4 year-old having a temper tantrum to outside observers. but inside, i am a seething, boiling mass of venomous unicorn dung.

Sunny Ghost

I want to say I've seen ESFP, ISFP, ESFJ... all to have pretty mean tempers. But I'd also say a lot of it would be result of background, not only type. I've even seen a few INFP's and ENFP's with temper tantrums... but we're talking most likely...

Hard to say... I'd go with ESFx... but this is based off of my family and a few ex's. Sensing feeler types of any combination except ISFJ, maybe?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ESTJ hands down