• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

personalized versions of the archetypes.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'll start with myself (narcissistically)

Hero, Extraverted intuition: Willem Bjerknes, Joseph Dodge, FDR. In the 1930s, several Scandanavian scientist came to America, and FINALLY got the weather bureau to end it's old practices, and turned meteorology into a legitimate science with real results.
Parent, Introverted feeling: too political to mention.
child, extraverted thinking: math. I remember the first time I found math I enjoyed and was good at was writing geometry proofs. I loved those things, and I was damn good at them too! I have to keep myself from getting carried away. I can see if something is arbitrary or illogical pretty quickly, and I often end up feeling a bit guilty that I enjoy criticizing it.
anima/animus, introverted sensing: My dentist! There it is. By now I start feeling guilty before I even walk in the door. If someone compliments me for being hard-working and studious, I feel like a fake. At other times, when playing the violin, I either ignore mistakes or have an 'oh crap' spasm every time I screw up.
Opposing Personality, Introverted intuition: Fundamentalist religions and creepy cults.
Witch/Senex, Extraverted feeling: The witch from Sleeping Beauty.
Trickster, Introverted thinking: Phrenologists and other pseudoscientists.
Demon, Extraverted sensing: ? (we'll see)

Last edited:

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
Hero: Introverted Thinking - Edmund Blackadder, Bernard Black, and any non-fictional people who have done the world good by being horrible and sarcastic.

Parent: Extraverted Intuition - Alexander the Great on the great end of the scale, David Brent on the embarrasing end.

Puer: Introverted Sensing - A young kid I once knew who had asperger's syndrome and would ask innane questions about detail, over and over again.

Animus: Extraverted Feeling - Barney the Dinosaur, Sally Jessy Raphael, all the very low and base things that have to do with humanity.

Opposed: Extraverted Thinking - My dad and Hitler. I know Hitler probably wasn't an ETJ, but I put him here because of the association his image has with this function.

Senex: Introverted Intuition - John Edward, I hate him. I also have very low introverted intuition.

Trickster: Extraverted Sensing - The car dealer on True Lies who tries to sleep with Jamie Lee Curtis. You know, the guy from Big Love who was the "game over" guy on Aliens.

Daemon: Introverted Feeling - Phoebe from Friends. Imaging her with an ice pick in that blonde head gives me cause to smile.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm trying to think of people that will be recognizable... these aren't all my first impressions.

Hero: Introverted Intuition - Confucius (I had the most trouble with this one, ironically)

Parent: Extraverted Feeling - C3-P0 (But you could have guessed that.)

Child: Introverted Thinking - Rene Descartes (Strongest Ti archetype in my mind.)

Animus: Extraverted Sensing - Maverick (from some movie I watched once, seemed to have opposite strengths/weaknesses from me.)

Opposed: Extraverted Intuition - Caligula (Roman Emperor... I actually see the few things he did as half-positive and half-negative, even though he was vilified in most texts.)

Senex: Introverted Feeling - Dr. Kevorkian

Trickster: Extraverted Thinking - J.P. Morgan

Daemon: Introverted Sensing - Principle Turner (from the movie "October Sky")

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
hmm. I was always sure confucious was an introverted sensing type. Then again, I'd list FDR, and he was probably an extraverted sensing type. I suppose that part doesn't always translate (Beebe's hero is apparantly Lyndon Johnson, who is definately NOT an extraverted intuition type)

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
This thread could be really good if some more people posted. In fact I'm only posting this now to take it to the top of the New Posts list.

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
Personal Archetypes

This thread could be really good if some more people posted. In fact I'm only posting this now to take it to the top of the New Posts list.

Hero: Introverted Intuition - Carl Jung

Parent: Extraverted Feeling - Shirley Temple Black

Puer: Introverted Thinking - Richard Feynman

Animus: Extraverted Sensing - Carmen Miranda, Madonna, Esther Williams

Opposed: Extraverted Intuition - Mark Twain

Senex: Introverted Feeling - Marie Antoinette

Trickster: Extraverted Thinking - William F. Buckley

Daemon: Introverted Sensing - Queen Elizabeth II

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hero: Introverted Intuition - Carl Jung

Parent: Extraverted Feeling - Shirley Temple Black

Puer: Introverted Thinking - Richard Feynman

Animus: Extraverted Sensing - Carmen Miranda, Madonna, Esther Williams

Opposed: Extraverted Intuition - Mark Twain

Senex: Introverted Feeling - Marie Antoinette

Trickster: Extraverted Thinking - William F. Buckley

Daemon: Introverted Sensing - Queen Elizabeth II

ah, yes, Mark Twain the extraverted sensing type. Hmm. that one seems to keep happening.
Who was William F. Buckley?

Jae Rae

Free-Rangin' Librarian
MBTI Type
INFJ
WFB = Firing Line host. Conservative. Witty, articulate.

I can certainly go with Alexander the Great for Extraverted Intuition.

Jae Rae

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mine are all superheroes or supervillains from the X-men universe:

Hero: Introverted Intuition - Cyclops (penetrating gaze, strategist)

Parent: Extraverted Feeling - Professor X (seeing into other's minds, mentor)

Puer: Introverted Thinking - Quicksilver (super-speed, arrogant)

Anima: Extraverted Sensing - Scarlet Witch (alters reality, in touch with primal elements)

Opposed: Extraverted Intuition - Magneto (arch-villain)

Witch: Introverted Feeling - Mystique (sneaky shape-changer)

Trickster: Extraverted Thinking - Mastermind (illusionist)

Demon: Introverted Sensing - Shadow King (intangible manipulator)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hero: Introverted Intuition: Gary (Spongebob Squarepants) -- Implied but never speaks

Good Parent: Extraverted Thinking: Harry S Truman (US President) -- You'll thank me for this later

Puer: Introverted Feeling: Kurogane (Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle) -- Quiet, tough, hot-blooded, but you know he really just wants to be held

Anima: Extraverted Sensing: Ryuk (Death Note) -- Hyuk hyuk, wanna play Mario Golf?

Opposed: Extraverted Intuition: Stephen Colbert (Colbert Report) -- Not how I'd do it, but still funny

Senex: Introverted Thinking: Franz Kafka (German Author) -- Logic has never been so dreary!

Trickster: Extraverted Feeling: Kaworu Nagisa (Neon Genesis Evangelion) -- I know you love me, but why do I keep getting the feeling you're going to molest me?

Demon: Introverted Sensing: Nurse Ratched (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest) -- Self-explanitory

I think I have the cast for a sitcom, here.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I have the cast for a sitcom, here.

So you do! It's obvious that TV writers draw on these archetypes continually for inspiration. This can be done with panache (quality shows such as "Dexter") or lazily (crappy daytime soaps). :soapbox:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I guess for me, an alternative Fi would be Dr Horrible from Dr Horrible's sing-along blog.

Though Kurogane fits better, for some reason I doubt anybody has ever heard of him.

ygolo

My termites win
For each one, I'll pick who I would fit the role (and is famous enough for people to know) , not (necessarily) the function.

Hero: Albert Einstein
Parent: Richard Feynman
Puer: Rachel Ray
Anima/Animus: Nancy Grace
Opposing Personality: Martha Stewart
Witch/Senex: Karl Rove
Trickster: Dick Cheney
Demon: ??? I really can't think of a Demon.