• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Enneagram hands down.

There are INFP's on here that I don't relate to at all. Like, I need to hand in my INFP card, we are so different.

But I can sniff out a 9 no matter what their type it seems.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yuck!

It seems the Enneagram is more about how one feels, while the MBTI is about how one thinks. I would not be surprised if F types preferred the Enneagram and T types the MBTI.

I still agree with this.

I voted equally, but lately I lean more to MBTI. Type 9 is just how I get my "flavor". So Peacebaby can smell me.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
^ mm, you smell good today! Old Spice?

I do "connect" here with INFP's (and some ENFP's) but I would say that I relate better to the 5's and 9's, maybe even 7's, than the 4's or 6's ... and I think there's only one or two INFP so-doms on the forum, so most INFP's 'round these parts aren't as wired to the group dynamic as I feel I am.

Maybe I am better at sniffing out the enneagram F'ness rather than MBTI T'ness due to my sharing the F? Just rambling there. Who knows?

A

Anew Leaf

Enneagram hands down.

There are INFP's on here that I don't relate to at all. Like, I need to hand in my INFP card, we are so different.

I agree on the bold part.

I don't really even understand which e type I am. I am pretty sure 4w5 but who knows. I just kinda go by the type of IMME.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looking into all of the enneagram types now, I'm starting to identify more as a type 7w6 than to any of the MBTI types. Even though the enneatype descriptions still have some of the same problems the MBTI ones have with listing more of the extremes that I don't relate to, I get more of a sense that I'm a 7 at the core level and there's at least one person I know IRL who thought this to be the case. MBTI is getting kind of fuzzy right now but I'm sure I'll end up figuring out that part too..

Critical Hit

MBTI Type
ENTP
5 and 7 are right next to each other on the integration/disintegration line, which means 5s under stress will start to behave like unhealthy 7s and 7s when relaxed and in control will start to behave like healthy 5s. (Of course, this doesn't mean 5 is a better type. At their best they will start to become more like healthy 8s, etc.)
:)

So Im either a healthy 7 or an unhealthy 5.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram hands down.

This, I think the enneagram just gives more of that "leeway."

I can be a 9w1 and still have that slight "edge" because of the sx/so stacking. I mean, an IXFP is an IXFP. And seeing how other IXFPs get slightly different results on the enneagram makes such a difference.

But that is saying if I really am a 9. :)

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
None describe me perfectly, but some describe me better than others. The combination helps too.

Mia.

I identify with my MBTI type and my enneagram tritype equally, but not the 9w1 description. Definitely identify with the instinctual stacking.

I do "connect" here with INFP's (and some ENFP's) but I would say that I relate better to the 5's and 9's, maybe even 7's, than the 4's or 6's ... and I think there's only one or two INFP so-doms on the forum, so most INFP's 'round these parts aren't as wired to the group dynamic as I feel I am.

Same.

I still identify heavily with INFP though due to the cognitive function aspect of it – I’m very Fi>Ne>Si>Te … with an extra helping of Te perhaps :D - not because I find myself with a lot in common with other INFPs (because usually I don’t.)

kissmyasthma

MBTI Type
I???
Enneagram
huh
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm much more certain of being a 5w6 than I am of being a particular MBTI type.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I identify most with my instinctual stacking actually

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Enneagram by far. MBTI has just been an annoying side car to my otherwise smooth riding motorcycle.

Ironic considering it is MBTI I have devoted my time to and enneagram that I know virtually nothing of.

G

garbage

I guess I never answered this thread?

MBTI wins out for me, but only if we allow for "clarity of preferences" or another such continuum. Enneagram would win out if it had continuums of some sort (and not a clumsy one like trytype!)

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI for the most part, but only after learning more about them. In general, looking at it from a shallow point of view, each of them tends to have the barnum effect. I can find myself in multiple type descriptions.

S

SingSmileShine

My MBTI is pretty much me to a T. I feel I'm so much a blend of so many of the enneatypes that it's hard for me to identify with just one solely. I'm a weird 7-3-2-4-8-6 hybrid, in that order!

G

Glycerine

Enneagram slightly more than MBTI. I don't exactly relate to ENFJ or INFJ but I am NFJ for sure...leaning towards E.