• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

Do you identify more with your MBTI type or your Enneagram type?

• Total voters

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This too. I relate to the Sx/Sp energy very much.

- the 7w6 stereotypes are too nervous, submissive and party animal (actually, I relate more to the 7w8, 8 and 1 stereotypes lol)
- the ENFP stereotypes are just plain wimpy and so gay they make me look straight
- but the Sp/Sx stereotypes fit me to a T. I am dark, intense, sensual, self absorbed, cat-like and comfortable being a loner with occasional contact from intimate friends
- also, the Riso Hudson Sp dom 7 descriptions may as well have put me in a box

Kayness

Bunnies & Rainbow Socks
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I voted 'both equally' but I actually identify more with my MB type. whoops.

Silveresque

Definitely my enneagram type. INFP descriptions have never really fit me very well, and only occasionally I'll have a Fi moment that will remind me I really am an INFP.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I felt the biggest relief when I found the profile of an ENFP. But that was coz at that point in my life, I *needed* it and was actively searching for who I was. So MBTI quenched a thirst that sorely needed quenching.

Enneagram took me a longer time to assimilate, but I've been more sure of my type there than I've ever been about my MBTI one (I'm xNFp...but that's about all I know). I knew I was a 4 the moment I came to terms with the bad rep the type seems to have :D

I admire 9s and it's been suggested many times I am one but no. Way too much drama and intensity for that, sorry :)
The thing I especially identified with however, was the description of a 4 sx-so.

I too appreciate the growing levels in the enneagram, but I also enjoy the functions as building blocks of your type in MBTI. I find that MBTI is stil more comfortable to me so I need to study enneagram more, but overall, MBTI feels more useful when dealing with other people, while enneagram digs deeper into understanding yourself. For that matter, MBTI was the perfect intro to personality types and enneagram the perfect follow up, in my case.

When it comes to really getting to know a person one on one though..enneagram is more instinctual than MBTI. Once I get talking to a person, you get to see their inner drives and motivations. It's nice to be able to put a type on that. And it is less clunky than MBTI. For instance, when I'm talking to someone whose an 8, even if I don't know it, I recognize them most of the time almost instantly. That aura, that smell is unmistakable no matter their MBTI type. The same goes for a fellow sx-dom. Otoh, if an INTJ is having a lazy day, I won't spot the intj in him instantly.

MBTI aims to tell what a persons preferred course of action is in just about any situation and to a lesser extent how he experiences the world. Enneagram is the the other way around.

Cloud of Thunder

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
- the 7w6 stereotypes are too nervous, submissive and party animal (actually, I relate more to the 7w8, 8 and 1 stereotypes lol)
- the ENFP stereotypes are just plain wimpy and so gay they make me look straight
- but the Sp/Sx stereotypes fit me to a T. I am dark, intense, sensual, self absorbed, cat-like and comfortable being a loner with occasional contact from intimate friends
- also, the Riso Hudson Sp dom 7 descriptions may as well have put me in a box
I relate more to the 1w9 than the 1w2, but the descriptions of the 1w9 sound so robotic most of the time (see my "Question for Ones" thread in the Enneagram forum). Think Mr. Spock.

Of course, this could all be the Sx/Sp talking.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I relate best to my MBTI Tritype, which of course so far only 3 users on this forum, including myself have championed. It is just a theory. Don't take it seriously.

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
It seems the Enneagram is more about how one feels, while the MBTI is about how one thinks. I would not be surprised if F types preferred the Enneagram and T types the MBTI.
I think you're spot on with this.
I had a hard time figuring out wether I was INFP or INFJ, because I'm more strongly emotional than other INFJs in some sense, and a bit more blunt too. Some suspected I was a mistyped INTJ female.
I agree the MBTI profile for INFJ seems to really illustrate accurately how my mind works and how I process things, the internal side. Enneagram explains how I feel and what the innate emotional drama is and obviously having 4 as my enneagram makes me more intense than let's say enneagram 6 or 9 INFJs. I think they're complementary systems, which used in tandem give a better picture of the personality in question.

Lark

My socionics type interested me for a while to be honest. I think MBTI is better than enneagram.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
My socionics type interested me for a while to be honest. I think MBTI is better than enneagram.

Do you know your enneagram type?

(Not said with any ill intent or nastiness at all, so please don't take it there.)

Edit: Well, seeing as how you haven't responded, I figure I'll just let you know that I'm pretty sure you're a 6. [MENTION=7280]Lark[/MENTION]

Last edited: