• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Clearing Up The J/P Myth

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I don't argue MBTI. MBTI is what it is. Plus, I base my views on the current body of literature, not past theories...

What I'm hearing is that you reject MBTI as a Jungian tool. So did Jung, so there you go. That's what happens when different schools of analysis come into conflict...

In my view, MBTI is validated, has a lot of research behind it, etc. Jung does not. MBTI has its own framework, so does Jung. They are seperate now, and should remain so.
First go back and read my statement because I said, "MBTI is good for what Myers-Briggs intended but contrarily has no bearing on Jung’s work when you focus on the dichotomies." So we are in agreement here even with her doing extensive research and he not and the fact that he did reject her work somewhat. As for the research, like Keirsey and I guess anyone basing the work on a theory, MBTI research is subjective to fit what was intended in creating an instrument to determine type outside of Jung's theory so you are also correct in saying that the conflict is within people attempting to correlate his work with hers as they do with Keirsey. They are separate systems that have only a superficial correlation, but once you dig deeper the correlations stop.

My whole reason for raising this thread from the dead is because someone raised another of my thread's and it made me think about this thread. I still argue that when you talk about J/P you’re not talking of type any longer, but merely one trait that really has no bearing on the type. It again relates to a dichotomy that is almost non-existent in introverts unless consciously developed (auxiliary function) and redundant with extraverted types since the first two letters already give an indication of whether the type dominates with a judging or perceiving function (Te/Se). As for the list being considered by people of J’s being tidy and time conscious and P’s not, that is so stupid and MBTI cannot measure that any more than it can measure emotions, intellect, being social or any other factor that can only be determined by each individual regardless of type.