• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you cope with a change of plan?

How do you cope with a change of plan?

• I have a problem with changing plan

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I can change plan easily without feeling bad

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • It varies (specify how)

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Ezra

Luctor et emergo
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Are you fundamentally flexible and feel relaxed about changing plan or not doing something you set yourself to do, or do you have a hard time accepting that you have not fulfilled a goal you've set out for yourself?

Personally, although I'm Judging, if I understand the reasons for changing plans, I'm happy. For example, if I want to go for a run, and yet I wake up and feel ill, I won't run. It might annoy me a bit at first, but I can take it. I'm good at creating contingency plans.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
I never make very concrete plans to begin with, so if someone wants to do something else, I'm cool with it - oftentimes it'll be better than what I'd thought I might do, and they usually have a reason for preferring to do that, so... *shrug* :)

snegledmaca

Are you fundamentally flexible and feel relaxed about changing plan or not doing something you set yourself to do, or do you have a hard time accepting that you have not fulfilled a goal you've set out for yourself?

This one. Generally, if I set out to do something, I expect to do it. "Obstacles" I do not welcome.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I'm fine with changing my own plans.

The times I find difficult to deal with involve when someone else changes my plans for me.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I mostly don't like having things sprung on me, but unless I have something planned that I was really looking forward to or that is important and time sensitive, I can roll with whatever. I often have a moment or two of mild annoyance, then make the mental shift to Plan B. As long as things aren't totally haphazard, I'm pretty happy to be along for the ride.

FallsPioneer

MBTI Type
INTJ
My mind dwells on it for a bit. But the pessimist in me allows for the change in plan.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
I generally don't like it when someone else changes a plan on me, and I make sure not to change plans on other people. For myself it is less of an issue, but I generally would prefer not to change plans on myself, because it will usually be in a way that gets less things done.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
If I was going to do something I liked, then I am very annoyed by a change in plans; conversely, if I was neutral or disliked what I was going to do, I am either indifferent or happy of a change in plans. This is true both if the plan involved other people or if it didn't (ex. if I had planned to bike some new place, the weather forecasts were positive, and I wake up and see the rain, I can be very pissed)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can become rather violent when people change plans. I feel compelled to throw things around -- although I'm careful that the things I throw around are not expensive and easily replaceable. And there is nothing I hate more than surprises.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
does the new plan suck more than the old plan?

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't shift gears easily unless I'm in survival mode.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have no problem with changing plans, unless the previous plan is something that I was really really looking forward to :cry: then I'm angry that I have to do something else! :steam:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no problem with changing plans, unless the previous plan is something that I was really really looking forward to :cry: then I'm angry that I have to do something else! :steam:

You alone might convince me to take Paraguay after lunch.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:wubbie: I really, really WANT to take Paraguay! :cry:

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Then we shall do it, my pudding pop! Switchblades deployed!

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:holy: YAY!!!!! :heart:

and a situation where a J is being flexible and a P is being inflexible! :rofl1:

*switchblade in hand* ;)

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have major problems when I have to change a plan, unless of course it is because of circumstances like a hurricane which are understandable.