• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you cope with a change of plan?

How do you cope with a change of plan?

• I have a problem with changing plan

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • I can change plan easily without feeling bad

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • It varies (specify how)

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
I have a hard time changing plans, though I've learned it's generally more pleasing if I hide it. It really helps if I have back-up plans in place. If I'm intentional about leaving things open (i.e. plan not to have a plan) I can enjoy being flexible. I just need to know in advance how to arrange my mind and attitude toward things.

misha vainberg

I have a hard time changing plans, though I've learned it's generally more pleasing if I hide it. It really helps if I have back-up plans in place. If I'm intentional about leaving things open (i.e. plan not to have a plan) I can enjoy being flexible. I just need to know in advance how to arrange my mind and attitude toward things.

:yes: i can really relate to this. if i have something planned for just myself, especially long-term, i wont mind changing the plan as long as i replace it with another plan that i like just as much or more. it may take a little while to really embrace the new plan, but once i do then its all good.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, I'm fine with changing my own plans.

The times I find difficult to deal with involve when someone else changes my plans for me.
That's what I'm like, too....although it only gets annoying if the changed plans actually inconvenience me.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
If it is a plan that involves only myself...I can adapt with little grumbling. I can be pretty random if I have free time to spend. :party2:

If somone else is involved, if they have proposed a plan and then back out or alter it I get irritated. I like to go from point A to point B,C,D...boooring and rigid, yeah I get it. But if we agreed to something, a time a place...and they're not there when agreed...:steam:

And I really get perturbed when someone else interrupts my plan and superimposes their plan on top of it. :nono: Mostly because I find that I have trouble focusing so once I am "in the zone" I like to make the most of it, after all it took resources to get me to that point. Any distraction just wrecks my train of thought. I am trying to become more flexible.:rolleyes:

Hmmmm...:thinking: I've really got to stop reading whatever's posts...

theshadow

MBTI Type
enfj
I have major problems when I have to change a plan, unless of course it is because of circumstances like a hurricane which are understandable.

:shock: hurricanes or understandable!! "not in a literal way but more along the lines of oh hey look its a hurican thats threating all these people. heh. its understandable:nice: " Nice.

wedekit

MBTI Type
INFJ
:shock: hurricanes or understandable!! "not in a literal way but more along the lines of oh hey look its a hurican thats threating all these people. heh. its understandable:nice: " Nice.

Sorry... Let me rearrange my sentence.

I have major problems when I have to change a plan, unless of course it is because of circumstances which are understandable, like a hurricane.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you fundamentally flexible and feel relaxed about changing plan or not doing something you set yourself to do, or do you have a hard time accepting that you have not fulfilled a goal you've set out for yourself?

Personally, although I'm Judging, if I understand the reasons for changing plans, I'm happy. For example, if I want to go for a run, and yet I wake up and feel ill, I won't run. It might annoy me a bit at first, but I can take it. I'm good at creating contingency plans.

Well, it depends, much like you said. I don't like it if I was counting on something, and now several other things dependent on it are going to be thrown into reevaluation. If it's just something minor that doesn't mess up my larger plan, I'm much more flexible about it.

I still make changes in plans if a reason comes up, but I'm reluctant to do so unless the energy it takes to change the plan is meaningfully less than the energy needed to push through with it.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Sometimes I'm personally invested in a plan, and then I can be very stubborn about someone wanting me to change it.
I even have trouble seeing options if I'm the one who wants to change it!

When I was younger, I was not flexible, and even now if I'm stressed out or over-burdened, I don't adjust well to a change in the plan, mostly because I have my steps all planned out and I'm in auto-pilot.

Being married to an ISTP for 25 years has taught me that being flexible has its place, and change is not necessarily going to cause the failure of the plan.