• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Hybrid types?

Going by function tests or my own analysis, I am a...

• Fe dom with higher Te than Ti

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe dom with higher Ti than Te

• Te dom with higher Fe than Fi

• Te dom with higher Fi than Fe

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Si dom with higher Ni than Ne

• Si dom with higher Ne than Ni

• Ni dom with higher Si than Se

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Ni dom with higher Se than Si

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe

Votes: 10 37.0%
  • Ti dom with higher Fe than Fi

• Fi dom with higher Ti than Te

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Fi dom with higher Te than Ti

• Ne dom with higher Se than Si

• Ne dom with higher Si than Se

• Se dom with higher Ne than Ni

• Se dom with higher Ni than Ne

• Total voters

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Recently been thinking about this as a possibility, so I'm making a poll to see how common/uncommon this concept can be found in people here.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Going by function tests, Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi are all high scoring functions. Yet I'm pretty sure I'm not an Fi dominant even though I've scored as an INFP a couple of those times on those tests.

My Fi score is much higher than Fe on function tests as well. Yet I think I have stronger Fe than the function tests indicate. I guess being an introvert and a dominant Ti, I just don't relate to most of the Fe statements. Yet I find that I am fairly influenced by Fe if that makes sense. For example, I relate to alot of the Fe stuff in this thread: Fe and Not Having a Strong Sense of Self-Identity

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am both ENFP and INFJ. However, I am also not the sanest member of the forum.

It's interesting that my astrological sign is Gemini. :laugh:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I test equally in being an Ne Dom and Se dom, and I personally think that I am equally strong in using both of what I analyzed in my own life, so I'm not really sure how to answer the poll. :laugh:

I think being a 'hybrid' type is more common than people who stick by the order of functions.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I test equally in being an Ne Dom and Se dom, and I personally think that I am equally strong in using both of what I analyzed in my own life, so I'm not really sure how to answer the poll. :laugh:

I think being a 'hybrid' type is more common than people who stick by the order of functions.

Yeah same here ...don't know how to answer the poll when some tests say I'm Ni dominant to the point of being INFJ with secondary type as INTJ...and other tests I score higher on Ne or Fi.

It's pretty consistently those four functions...Ni Fi Ne Fe. Yup.

Oh, and another test told me I'm REALLY an ENTP who just wishes I was ENFP.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Going by function tests, Ti, Ne, Si, and Fi are all high scoring functions. Yet I'm pretty sure I'm not an Fi dominant even though I've scored as an INFP a couple of those times on those tests.

I think that may be due to the fact that so many INTPs and INFPs take them. I mean if you look at the proportion of types on this site.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah same here ...don't know how to answer the poll when some tests say I'm Ni dominant to the point of being INFJ with secondary type as INTJ...and other tests I score higher on Ne or Fi.

It's pretty consistently those four functions...Ni Fi Ne Fe. Yup.

those are my four highest also....supposedly...but i don't know if it's how the tests are worded or if i'm just predominantly an intuitive feeler type...it makes sense too that i would use those 4 the most having an enfp dad and an infj mother...i was probably programed to view the world in that way or something.

but for the poll i voted ne dome with higher se then si because yeah my si is laughable according to those tests but i have a feeling i use it often...just poorly. :/

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
those are my four highest also....supposedly...but i don't know if it's how the tests are worded or if i'm just predominantly an intuitive feeler type...it makes sense too that i would use those 4 the most having an enfp dad and an infj mother...i was probably programed to view the world in that way or something.

but for the poll i voted ne dome with higher se then si because yeah my si is laughable according to those tests but i have a feeling i use it often...just poorly. :/

I have a poor memory (ADHD innatentive makes it very difficult to store information well), so that should mean I don't have much Si, but I have other things like often reffering to my memory (which gathers things best when it's something of interest) and preffering to take actions that have proven to work for me, or enjoying doing things with some level of routine. But before anyone suggests I'm an ISXJ, it should be known that I also have crazy amounts of Ne at times.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can be si ish i think...i like certain family traditions and i'm very nostalgic...or maybe that's not si ish..haha i don't know as much about it as i should by this point.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
i can be si ish i think...i like certain family traditions and i'm very nostalgic...or maybe that's not si ish..haha i don't know as much about it as i should by this point.

Yes, I'm nostalgic too. I think nostalgia is mostly correlated with Si and Fx functions, since it is usually about mood, memory and emotions you feel in familiar environments. I once read (in a huge INTP profile) that nostalgia was important to many INTPs and they were good at sensing 'mood' so I think that Si plays a large role.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
From the admittedly limited data amassed so far, it looks like this is more true for perciever types than judging types. All 6 percievers have related to the hybrid type theory, and none of the 3 judgers.

TBH I had somewhat expected this, since it seemed to occur most with Ps in my experience with typing characters.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
(I'm assuming "higher"=more preferred?)

I can't participate in this because I don't really share the same function theory. From an analysis of myself, I'm very confident I have the least preference for Fe, sure for Dom Ti and sure for Both Aux Ne and Ter Si.

My standpoint for Fi is really just "neutral". For Ni, slightly neutral. Te is also neutral. Se is also neutral. Thus, validating the utility of MBTI's function hierarchy in terms of self cognitive analysis. But if neutral was on a higher level than disinclination, then it would be Fi>Fe.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
(I'm assuming "higher"=more preferred?)

I can't participate in this because I don't really share the same function theory. From an analysis of myself, I'm very confident I have the least preference for Fe, sure for Dom Ti and sure for Both Aux Ne and Ter Si.

My standpoint for Fi is really just "neutral". For Ni, slightly neutral. Te is also neutral. Se is also neutral. Thus, validating the utility of MBTI's function hierarchy in terms of self cognitive analysis. But if neutral was on a higher level than disinclination, then it would be Fi>Fe.

Disinclination is lower than neutral I would assume, if by 'more preffered' means you tend to use it more, regardless of whether you use it skillfully.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
It's interesting that my astrological sign is Gemini. :laugh:

1270423491683.jpg

KDude

I put Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe.. but it can be very unclear to me. Some of the Fi questions on the cognitiveprocesses test would indicate that I'm total FAIL on the Fi angle actually, so I will say Ti.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
"Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good."

I don't even know what my favorite color is. Take that as you will.

Some of the things I might identify with my sense of "Fi" are actually Fe:

"Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings." - Almost to my embarassment at times. It doesn't last for long though.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to function tests, I'd be a Fi-dom with higher Ti than Te. I'd also have a higher use of Ni than I am supposed to. My top functions are usually: Fi, Ne, Ti, Ni. All this really says to me is that I prefer Ji to judge and iNtuition to perceive. In reality, I think I am FiNe, and I'm not much concerned about my lower function order (in reality...in theory I can discuss it til the cows come home).

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
my top two scores are always Se and Ne :)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I put Ti dom with higher Fi than Fe.. but it can be very unclear to me. Some of the Fi questions on the cognitiveprocesses test would indicate that I'm total FAIL on the Fi angle actually, so I will say Ti.

"Freely enjoy doing what you want for your own personal happiness."
"Remain in touch with what you want for yourself, what motivates you, and what is good."

I don't even know what my favorite color is. Take that as you will.

I don't know what my favorite color is either (or my favorite for just about anything), yet I have no problem saying yes to those quesitons. I may not know what my very favorite thing is but I do know what I like and enjoy and what I don't enjoy.

Some of the things I might identify with my sense of "Fi" are actually Fe:

"Feel inclined to be responsible for, and take care of, others' feelings." - Almost to my embarassment at times. It doesn't last for long though.

Yes, this is one of the Fe questions. For me it depends. Sometimes I'll blame myself for someone's displeasure. If I think I did or said something to cause it, it's my responsibility to make things okay again. However, if someone just randomly walks up to me in a bad mood, I don't feel any responsibility for that.

The taking care of others' feelings sounds vague. In general I'd prefer that someone else do it. I don't really feel comfortable playing the role of someone who tries to calm down destressed people or cheer sad people up. I suppose my role in taking care of others' feeling is more indirect. I simply try to maintain the emotional harmony with the people I'm with and usually avoid saying things that could hurt someone's feelings.

For what its worth, I think the cognitive functions test overestimates my Fi and underestimates my Fe.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
so you think the usage of other less dominant functions has to do with your enneagram...or influences it or something? because it makes some sense to me that i would have a 6 wing and also score high in ni and fe..kinda...know what i mean? and an enfp with higher si might have a 1 wing or higher te and have an 8 wing...not saying anything new really i guess...just thinking out loud like i do.