First 28687677787980 Last

Thread: Dear Fe User,

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFJ None

The man I see as my adoptive father is an INFJ, I'm INFP. I can definitely see the differences between Fi and Fe.

Me, as an Fi, care more about sticking to my own feelings and values regardless of the situation. He's more willing to compromise and 'work' with the world. He tries to be polite at almost all times, while for me, if I don't like someone, anyone who's perceptive can probably figure it out in an hour or so. He's more outwardly expressive than me, while I'm more reserved and won't share as easily until I'm talked to on a personal and private level. Both him and I are very disillusioned with the modern world, but he's more of a 'stand my ground and fight' kind of person, while I'm an escapist. We both talk a lot about how messed up things are, but when it comes to actually wanting to do something and fight back, I realize that he's the one that's truly into it, while I just want to get away from it all. He's the kind that doesn't wish ill even for people that he dislikes, while I couldn't give less of a damn whether they sink or swim. If I hate them, I hate them. And it's extremely difficult, if not impossible for me to view someone in a positive light again once I'm determined to view them negatively. He's more into stuff like literature, poetry, and intellectual studies, I am intellectual in my own way but not a truly 'hardcore' intellectual. I like to believe that I'm a 'Thinker', but most of the time when I say 'I think', a lot more of it is really 'I guess this is what I feel.'

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so

Dear Fe users,
    Thank you for what you bring into the world. And thank you to the Fe users close to me who always have my back.
    -An ENFP
    Likes Yama liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    749 sx
    Socionics
    SNL None

Dear Someone,

...The law doesn't necessarily work on multiperspectivity. Thank god for that.
    Either infp or istj.

I am an Fe dominant (ENFJ) and I agree with Randomnity! I definitely don't conform to status quo. In fact, many of my friends have remarked that my ENFP friend was more prone to her opinions being swayed by the group's opinions. (VERY easily)
    Because I am able to interpret how and why each individual has his/ her opinion in the group, whether "popular" or "unpopular", I can form my own judgement based on personal principles that is able to bring everyone's opinions together. I think Fe is about knowing how to say something, what to say and when to say it for the harmony of the group (WHICH includes the Fe user himself). I know how to bring across a harsh message in the best way possible, so that everyone is able to understand it.
    Hmm I don't think arrogance comes from Fe at all. I have caught myself using manipulation, especially around IXFX types. It's never done out of spite though, just accidental ingenious persuasion, or simply a nudge in another direction. If you don't like what an Fe user is telling you, tell them, they're usually more than happy to give way as long as you have explained your reasoning (:
    Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gracia View Post
    I am an Fe dominant (ENFJ) and I agree with Randomnity! I definitely don't conform to status quo. In fact, many of my friends have remarked that my ENFP friend was more prone to her opinions being swayed by the group's opinions. (VERY easily)
    Because I am able to interpret how and why each individual has his/ her opinion in the group, whether "popular" or "unpopular", I can form my own judgement based on personal principles that is able to bring everyone's opinions together. I think Fe is about knowing how to say something, what to say and when to say it for the harmony of the group (WHICH includes the Fe user himself). I know how to bring across a harsh message in the best way possible, so that everyone is able to understand it.
    Hmm I don't think arrogance comes from Fe at all. I have caught myself using manipulation, especially around IXFX types. It's never done out of spite though, just accidental ingenious persuasion, or simply a nudge in another direction. If you don't like what an Fe user is telling you, tell them, they're usually more than happy to give way as long as you have explained your reasoning (:
    I agree with most of what you said, but there can be an underlying arrogance of "assuming too much about others" without checking in with people/external sources. Some Fe users can be very guilty of this because they forget to communicate and seek feedback so then the assumptions become off-base.

I believe my cousin may be a high Fe user. He doesn't use Fi-oriented language such as like/love/hate/dislike, and is always careful to keep his feelings on any topic neutral enough that it doesn't disturb the social atmosphere. It's not that he doesn't have his own feelings on subjects, just that he doesn't view them as worth asserting at the cost of making others emotionally uncomfortable. Even if he wants to make a point, he'll do it with charm and in an agreeable fashion.

As a Fi user, it comes off incredibly non-committal and people pleasing, but I've learned to adapt to it the way he accommodates my strong Fi approach to things.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Dear Fe users,

Hi.
    Likes Xann, Yama, Bush, Fay liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    I believe my cousin may be a high Fe user. He doesn't use Fi-oriented language such as like/love/hate/dislike, and is always careful to keep his feelings on any topic neutral enough that it doesn't disturb the social atmosphere. It's not that he doesn't have his own feelings on subjects, just that he doesn't view them as worth asserting at the cost of making others emotionally uncomfortable. Even if he wants to make a point, he'll do it with charm and in an agreeable fashion.

As a Fi user, it comes off incredibly non-committal and people pleasing, but I've learned to adapt to it the way he accommodates my strong Fi approach to things.
    I don't think I'd say that that sort of language is Fi-oriented; Je in general tends to freely assert its value judgments, especially if dominant. Fi sees no need to share said value judgments unless directly asked because it doesn't feel that sort of sense of obligation to share its value judgments with anyone else.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Hiii
    Just wanted to break the 777
    Likes Yama, Lyra.I liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FutureInProgress View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, but there can be an underlying arrogance of "assuming too much about others" without checking in with people/external sources. Some Fe users can be very guilty of this because they forget to communicate and seek feedback so then the assumptions become off-base.
    I agree. I am sometimes on the receiving end of this. When people assume they know why I have my opinion, or even what my opinion is, they are usually wrong. I can see through the sugar coating on a harsh message right away, and usually lose respect for the messenger. Better to ask than to assume.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...