• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Libido and MBTI

Mole

Permabanned
The dominant relationship here is between adolescents and middle-aged women.

The women are not the mothers of the adolescents and so the relationship can't be platonic, and in fact is libidinous.

The adolescents are adored by their actual mothers, as nature intended, but such platonic adoration is limited to our parents. If others, apart from our parents, adore us, it is plainly libidinous.

The middle-aged women are riveted by the hormone fueled adolescents just discovering their sexuality and naturally want to help.

So MBTI distracts the watch-dog of the mind, while the libido runs free.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
classy victor... blame women :rolli:

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
The dominant relationship here is between adolescents and middle-aged women.

The women are not the mothers of the adolescents and so the relationship can't be platonic, and in fact is libidinous.

The adolescents are adored by their actual mothers, as nature intended, but such platonic adoration is limited to our parents. If others, apart from our parents, adore us, it is plainly libidinous.

The middle-aged women are riveted by the hormone fueled adolescents just discovering their sexuality and naturally want to help.

So MBTI distracts the watch-dog of the mind, while the libido runs free.

Honestly, I don't understand what you're trying to say. It reads like a lesbian relationship between a teenager and a middle aged woman. I'm I wrong?

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Aha. I see no reason why relationships between anyone who is not related must be sexual, or for that matter why you think a relationship between a child and a parent is always platonic.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Umm...:wacko:

No. Maybe it's your own attraction to adolescent girls that had led you to this logical blunder?

F

figsfiggyfigs

The dominant relationship here is between women and 20-something men that behave like adolescents.

The men are not children, yet some are adolescents around the women, and so the relationship can be platonic, or it might be libidinous, oh, unless they're homosexual, then it doesn't count.

The adolescents are adored by their actual parental figures, as nature intended, but such platonic adoration is limited to our parents. If others, apart from our parents, adore us, it is plainly libidinous, or I might just be that horny.

Humans are riveted by their preferred-sex counterparts, and vice versa. While the adolescents are just discovering their sexuality and naturally want to express it.

So MBTI distracts the watch-dog of the mind, while the libido runs free, yet I continue to come here and rant about it.

Oh yeah, and then there are Asexuals.

I hope you don't mind I used your post as a template. :D

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, who exactly is he talking about again?

Mole

Permabanned
If MBTI makes no more sense than astrology, why is it so compelling and so successful?

On the individual level libido makes an awful lot of sense as an explanation.

And on the social level the control of recruits and employees also makes an awful lot of sense.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
more meat..less gravy.

Mole

Permabanned
Shall we?

Sociology and psychology do provide an adequate explaination of MBTI.

But what is amazing is that MBTI taps into our most compulsive impulses. MBTI works like astrology or a religious cult or a national narrative.

We are all raised within a national narrative and so it is taken for granted and is invisible to us but informs our very perceptions. All of us move, feel and think to the national imperatives that inform us.

Is there any way out of this blind alley?

Well yes, and we are on the path right now, for the internet connects mulutiple natiions together. So we can discover what other nations are like, and even more important, we cqn discover what we are like.

And of course there is a backlash against discovering who we are.

When we discovered there were more religions than our own in the world the backlash took the form of Fundamentalism. And in the political sphere, it t6ook the form of Fascism.

And so as we discover ourselves on the internet there are those who delight in discovery and those who seek to suppress the truth, such as the attack by the Nation States on Wikileaks.

MBTI was created seventy years ago by a couple of middle-aged women to induct adolescents into the war machine. And MBTI has remianied the same ever since.

Shall we remain the same?

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I completely disagree with you, but your writing is compelling.

G

Ginkgo

troll-2-oh-my-gooood-o.gif

Mole

Permabanned
I may be wrong.

I completely disagree with you, but your writing is compelling.

I am always pleased to hear from you, although the sign on your coffee gives me pause.

And I am delighted you completely disagree with me, and would be even more delighted if you felt like telling us all where. After all, I may be wrong.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am always pleased to hear from you, although the sign on your coffee gives me pause.

And I am delighted you completely disagree with me, and would be even more delighted if you felt like telling us all where. After all, I may be wrong.

Well, okay, I'll give it a go. :) I don't think MBTI was created with any such sinister purpose. The "two middle aged women," I think, were just on a quest to better understand themselves and others. It's a quest we all follow to some extent. It may be true that MBTI is more suited for the American mindset, since it was created by Americans. It probably does have a bit of a cultural bias. But clearly many people from other countries find it relevant, and useful for their quests, and if it resonates with someone, who's to say that resonance is misplaced? I think most of us know it's not the be-all-and-end-all - it's a tool. But not a tool for world domination or sexual repression or indoctrination. It's a tool that can help us understand ourselves, if we feel it is relevant.

As for my coffee, I can't decide if I like this avatar. I like coffee, and I like the skull and crossbones, but for some reason I don't love the photo. I think it's the background. I might change it.