• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How well does your Chinese Zodiac sign fit your type?

JFrombaugh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The standard zodiac signs you've probably heard of, but the Chinese sign is dependent on your year.

You can find out which sign corresponds with your year of birth and read about it on this site: http://www.usbridalguide.com/special/chinesehoroscopes/Rat.htm

I was born in 1988 so I'm a Dragon.

The Dragon is a creature of myth and legend. A symbol of good fortune and sign of intense power, the Oriental Dragon is regarded as a divine beast - the reverse of the malicious monster that Westerners felt necessary to find and slay. In Eastern philosophy, the Dragon is said to be a deliverer of good fortune and a master of authority. Therefore, those people born in Dragon years are to be honored and respected.

Years of the Dragon

Fifth in the cycle, Dragon Years follow the Rabbit and recur every twelfth year. The Chinese New Year does not fall on a specific date, so it is essential to check the calendar to find the exact date on which each Dragon Year actually begins

1904 * 1916 * 1928 * 1940 * 1952 * 1964 * 1976 * 1988 * 2000

THE SIGN OF THE DRAGON

The key to the Dragon personality is that Dragons are the free spirits of the Zodiac. Conformation is a Dragon's curse. Rules and regulations are made for other people. Restrictions blow out the creative spark that is ready to flame into life. Dragons must be free and uninhibited. The Dragon is a beautiful creature, colorful and flamboyant. An extroverted bundle of energy, gifted and utterly irrepressible, everything Dragons do is on a grand scale - big ideas, ornate gestures, extreme ambitions. However, this behavior is natural and isn't meant for show. Because they are confident, fearless in the face of challenge, they are almost inevitably successful. Dragons usually make it to the top. However, Dragon people be aware of their natures. Too much enthusiasm can leave them tired and unfulfilled. Even though they are willing to aid when necessary, their pride can often impede them from accepting the same kind of help from others. Dragons' generous personalities give them the ability to attract friends, but they can be rather solitary people at heart. A Dragon's self-sufficiency can mean that he or she has no need for close bonds with other people.

DRAGON FACTS:

People born in the Year of the Dragon share certain characteristics. The Dragon sign is an abbreviated way of characterizing that individual's personality. Following are features associated with the sign of the Dragon.

Fifth in order, Chinese name-LONG, sign of luck
Hour-7am-8:59 a.m. Month-April
Western Counterpart-Aries

CHARACTERISTICS

* Innovative
* Enterprising
* Flexible
* Self-assured
* Brave
* Passionate
* Conceited
* Tactless
* Scrutinizing
* Unanticipated
* Quick-tempered

THE EARTH DRAGON 1928 AND 1988

Earth Dragons make great managers because they are practical, levelheaded and demonstrate a knack for organizing. They still have the need to dictate and be admired, but they are affable, congenial and supportive. Compared to other Dragons, Earth Dragons are less likely to breathe fire at the least irritation. They will work diligently to complete their life goals. The Earth element adds a greater portion of self-control to the Dragon's personality and usually the Earth Dragon is deserving of the respect he or she desires. These Dragons take their life and romantic responsibilities quite seriously.

CAPRICORN DRAGON
These Dragons are pragmatic, determined and modest, with a driving craving for achievement. They will work long hours to make a slow climb to the top. For them, passion and romance come second, but once committed, they are responsible partners.

huwoahuhmx8.gif

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
pretty good i think.

THE FIRE DRAGON 1916 AND 1976

The Fire Dragon is a powerful force to be reckoned with. This is a Dragon doubled! The Fire Dragon can move from calm and collected to combustible in a matter of seconds. In some ways the Fire Dragon is his or her own worst enemy. These Dragons cannot help feeling they are valuable and all-knowing. When they are right their vehemence and vigor is an asset to the cause, and though they value objectivity, they do not always employ the best decision-making measures, and sometimes jump to the wrong conclusion. They also suffer from recklessness and quick tempers. Yet, when they do keep their temper, emotions, and rivaling spirit under control, they emanate a commanding influence on other people.

CANCERIAN DRAGON
Cancer Dragons have polished tastes and are generally an artist of some sort. Their homes act as show- cases of these artistic talents. These are less self-indulged characters and are caring, tender, individuals. For them a tight-knit relationship and established home are necessary for happiness.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The OX:
Those born under the influence of the Ox are fortunate to be stable and persevering. The typical Ox is a tolerant person with strong character. Not many people could equal the resolution and fearlessness the Ox exhibits when deciding to accomplish a task or an objective. As we used this great creature long ago to plow the soil day after day, so do Ox people labor through their daily responsibilities either at work or at home without complaint or gripe. Oxen know they will succeed through hard work and sustained effort and find no truth or benefit in concocting get-rich-quick schemes.

Pragmatic and down-to-earth, Ox people are motivated to work hard and have no respect for lazy or careless people. Although they can be easily trusted and find it easy to put trust in others, they are not dependent on friends and family and would rather find an answer or a solution themselves than to ask these people for help or guidance. However, others can, without a doubt rely on Oxen, who are always honest and meticulous about their responsibilities. While they do not feel the need for many distant or acquaintance-oriented friendships, they value the strong bonds they share with their partners and families, and make close friends that last a lifetime.

Though they are quite open-minded, once Ox people have made a decision about something, they rarely change it. This is a defining characteristic that can be seen as obstinacy, but it is actually the way an Ox learns to be strong, brave and straightforward. It is the way the Ox learned to take on tasks and responsibilities and how he learns to be reliable for others. Oxen are more comfortable with the well-known as opposed to the unfamiliar. Yet, beneath their unpretentious, tranquil exterior lies a heart of gold and a motivation to prosper.

Obstinate, Pouty, Truthful, Motivated, Friendly, Apathetic, Genuine, Quick-tempered

THE WOOD OX 1925 AND 1985

Understanding and fair, these are the least unyielding of the Oxen and the most apt to change and accept new ideas. A more liberal attitude gives them the ability to appreciate the value of being a part of a team, and other members of the team respect the high principles of the Wood Ox. They are particularly self-confident giving them an air of unspoken authority. This characteristic means that Wood Oxen are often chosen as leaders or spokespeople. They also have a shorter fuse than other Ox people, and are more likely to be outspoken or to stand up in a crowd to be heard. These Oxen are quite devoted to those they love and make strong and affectionate friends and relations.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Fire Monkey born in the hours of the Dragon.

Suzanne White's The New Chinese Astrology is the book to read on this stuff.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Quite nicely

THE EARTH SNAKE 1929 AND 1989

Earth Snakes are the most relaxed of the breeds. They lead calm lives and offer a down-to-earth appeal to any conversation or outing. This may make them seem more friendly, as you may not feel the need to wonder what he’s got up his sleeve. They may also shun the need to lash out or take risks, but it isn’t from paranoia. They figure their good sense and work ethic will pay off and bring them much fortune and material satisfaction.

TAUREAN SNAKE

These Snakes remember everything for they have quite a vivid memory. Don’t underestimate the capabilities of this Snake, for he will forge on until he gets what he wants.

Not really, I was actually a lot more active as a kid.
SNAKE INFANT AND CHILD

Snake children are often loners, enjoying playing by themselves, quietly in their yards or bedrooms. They are often hampered with learning disabilities and thus need patience from teachers and parents. Teachers and parents may have to invest extra time and tutorials in the Snake child in order to keep him up-to-date with all of the other children in the class. When picked on or upset, Snake children tend to pout and hold grudges and when embarrassed or angry, they will lash out at the culprit as quickly as they were made fun of.

Relaxing and vacation? Definitely. Going on a spending spree? Depends....
THE SNAKE ON VACATION

Snakes love to vacation. They get a great deal of pleasure out of just being lazy. And they love luxurious things, often spending their money on material desires they probably don’t need. When a Snake goes on vacation, he really goes on vacation. Fancy restaurants, expensive health clubs and spas, anything in which they can fully indulge themselves. Their getaways must be fully equipped to pamper their every want, or the Snake will become stressed.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm a Fire Monkey born in the hours of the Dragon.

Suzanne White's The New Chinese Astrology is the book to read on this stuff.

oh are you talking about your chinese ascendant? i've never heard of that until a year or so ago when thursday told me...apparently my chinese rising sign is horse which totally sounds enfpish to me.

can't seem to find what i'm looking for online tho... :/

KDude

Fire Snake... I don't know a lot about it.

edit:

The Fire Snake is like a meteor in the sky, brilliant and alive. With spellbinding eloquence, the Snake converses with conviction on a broad range of topics, but realizes that good conversation lies as much in the listening as the talking. The Snake does both very well, raising communication to a very high and elegant art. People love to be in the company of this very graceful Fire Snake, who is always pleasant, provocative, humorous, and quick witted. With split second reflexes, they are constantly conceiving new ideas and coming up with new schemes. This entrepreneurial spirit makes headlines and the Fire Snake is much admired. Because of their ambition, perseverance, and infinite patience, and wise financial moves made early in life, their fortunes grow steadily. By the time middle age arrives, financial fortune is truly theirs. Relationships follow the same path, through faithfulness, perseverance, and willingness to make relationships really work, the future is always bright.
Famous Snake People: Mao Tse-tong, Mahatma Gandhi, Indira Gandhi, Ferdinand Marcos, Abraham Lincoln, Lady Pamela Mountbatten, Martin Luther King, Grace Kelly, Jacqueline Kennedy, Edgar Allen Poe, Prime Minister Tony Blair, Bob Dylan

Hmm...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PIG oink?! :huh:

The Pig is a fun and enlightening personality blessed with patience and understanding. People born under the sign of the Pig enjoy life and all it has to offer, including family and friends. They are honest and thoughtful and expect the same of other people. Pigs can be perceived as oblivious or gullible because they do care about others so much that they will do just about anything for a friend in need.

:doh: it's like my boss wrote a description of me or something... damn, I sound like a horrible pushover :boohoo:

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
oh are you talking about your chinese ascendant? i've never heard of that until a year or so ago when thursday told me...apparently my chinese rising sign is horse which totally sounds enfpish to me.

can't seem to find what i'm looking for online tho... :/

I remember reading about how we can have 3 zodiac signs. I think that is what you're talking about, right?

From that perspective:
Year: Being the outer you: The one that is readily apparent to others and yourself
Month: Being the inner you: The one you think you are more like/wish to be like.
Hour: Being the "secret you": The one that is most like you, but is hidden from others. <---apparently this is the "real" you.

Mines would be:
Year: Earth Snake
Month: Dragon
Time: (I need to look for my birth time....lol)

I give off the appearance of a Earth Snake, but the inner me wants to be like a dragon.

The birth time is what is also part of the person, but doesn't show.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I am swine.... I hate the chinese

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
links please!

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
THE METAL SHEEP 1931 AND 1991

Sheep often display a tough exterior to protect the fragile interior they are notorious for. Close friends and family of the Metal Sheep understand this is simply a front for those sensitive emotions tucked inside. Sheep can sometimes treat others the way they feel instead of the way they wish to be treated which can lead to a tendency to be overprotective and vulnerable. Metal Sheep, more than other Sheep, are culturally stimulated and hold a deep passion for the arts.

Not me at all. :dont:

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
dragon - good
feisty, lucky, dynamic, stubborn
earth dragon - not good
more stable, organized dragon
pisces dragon - best
dreamy on top with a fire below

huh that 3 things is interesting.

year/perceived me, dragon - good
month/aspirational me, tiger - good
daring, courageous, adventurous, emotional
hour/the "real" me that is usually hidden - i think this one is true :)
charming, intellectual, philosophical, elusive

all in all it sounds pretty good minus the whole "earth" thing. i'd peg myself for a water dragon.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
links please!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_zodiac

You can look up your year, month, and hour on wiki.... not sure if you want to trust wiki though. Other sites do have the same/similar information.

huh that 3 things is interesting.

year/perceived me, dragon - good
month/aspirational me, tiger - good
daring, courageous, adventurous, emotional
hour/the "real" me that is usually hidden - i think this one is true :)
charming, intellectual, philosophical, elusive

I sort of found it funny because the description for the Dragon sounds so grand when I think about it.

hearthem

MBTI Type
INxJ
Enneagram
4w5
"Party-loving and sociable, Gemini Pigs enjoy the good life. They love to host parties and dinners, but are very appearance-oriented."
No, no, no... sigh. Some of the pig's characteristics fit me, but others don't. And gemini never fits me, except for the two-faced part. X)

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sheep simply want a bit of peace. They enjoy carrying on with life in their own quiet, individual way, content to be in the middle of it all rather than to be leading it. Sheep are quiet and calm people. They enjoy cultural things and focus much of their energy on artistic hobbies. Sheep are easygoing and relaxed, happy to be going with the flow.
Sheep are nurturers. They enjoy taking care of other people. Like their animal counterpart, Sheep people are pretty calm individuals. Their personalities are quiet, reserved and soothing. They like to be in the company of others but do not wish to be in the middle of everything. They like standing in the back, watching contently from the sidelines, as others dazzle the company. Sheep will generally do better than they are aware because they are so good at keeping the peace and accomplishing the tasks at hand.

sounds IXFP

R

ReflecTcelfeR

THE METAL SHEEP 1931 AND 1991

Sheep often display a tough exterior to protect the fragile interior they are notorious for. Close friends and family of the Metal Sheep understand this is simply a front for those sensitive emotions tucked inside. Sheep can sometimes treat others the way they feel instead of the way they wish to be treated which can lead to a tendency to be overprotective and vulnerable. Metal Sheep, more than other Sheep, are culturally stimulated and hold a deep passion for the arts.

Yep.