• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

P vs J - Wearing a Wrist Watch

Do you usually wear a watch?

• Total voters

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I wear one. I like watches. I am supposedly a P. It was given to me by two Js and a P, but I liked them before.

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Don't wear one...there's enough places I can see the time without one. Cell phone, computer, phone on the desk, etc. that wearing one becomes redundant.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't wear a watch.

In years past I would go through phases of wearing watches, but whenever the battery died it was preferable to cease wearing one than to go to the effort of running an errand to a mall to purchase a new battery. :smile: :whistling:

I find I don't really need one, though. The clocks in my apartment and in my car are sufficient, and I'm always on time (or more likely, early) to things.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I wear a watch when I feel like I'm doing productivity/work related stuff...leave it off during weekends/at home...tend to take it off a lot when I'm in my office or whenever I stay in a place that feels like it's mine at least a little (it's a surprise I never lost it - actually I did once in a mosh pit...it got trampled on, but the watchmaker managed to fix it). Sometimes I'll only wear it for the aesthetic effect (as in the mosh pit, it's pretty much a chunky metalic bracelet :p). It's always running late (between 3-4 minutes these days) and I don't change it to daylight saving time. It's both a confirmation of my Te nature and a secret rebellion against it! I also tend to be (a little) late...

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
My watch stopped working recently, probably to do with the battery .. I took it back as i'd surprisingly brought warrenty and told a little lie so i could get a new watch .. New one is watch/bracelet mix and its cute.

I am more likely to check my phone then my wrist to find out the time (Force of habit) but i need a watch to time my clients as i need to keep to a schedule. So i do the subtle arm stretch and move the watch (very small wrists) to check out the clock face, lol.

Oh, i'm a j

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I find my phone works just fine as a clock. I rarely find myself needing to check it either as I can typically gauge time +- 5 minutes if I've seen the time in the past hour or two.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. I will get used to wearing one, then I'll take it off one day and not wear it for years.

P

Phantonym

1. Do you regularly wear a watch? Why (not)?

Yes. Started wearing one in first grade. I like knowing what time it is, I feel in control of time and myself that way, and I hate to be late, so all of my watches and clocks are set 3 minutes ahead. :D I liked taking time when I was younger, how long it would take to walk a mile or something along those lines and then trying to beat that time the next time. It's possibly just due to habit but I feel naked without it. Sometimes it's a good prop during social anxiety, pretending to be busy and looking at my watch while being alone in a crowd. Fiddling with the band gives a sense of security.

I tried not wearing my watch for a while, only used my phone and it was fine, so I guess I'm not too obsessed with it and I just wear it out of habit. I like nice watches as accessories as well. My favourite one has an awesome super light titanium case and band so you can barely feel it. Really nice. :)

2. Are you a P or J? Better yet, if known, what's your whole type?

Presumably...INFJ.

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I'm a P and yes.
Mine broke, so I'm always asking other people what time is it.
I hate not knowing what's the time.
Lol. >.>

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
INTJ calculator watch:

3501255346_3c873da97e.jpg

ISTJ nerd belt watch:

surge-watch-belt.jpg

ESFJ watch given as a gift:

175534_fpx.tif

ESTP watch taken from the bottom of a cereal box:

pimage_medium__3D_2C38S-S_25_3F_2CC_60P_2CS_3CX.3_3CW_2CS1O_3BS0W._23DX-C_3DS_2CF_5C_60_0A_60_0A.jpg

INTP watch worn for minimal discomfort:

tjgear_8387_011909_35130.jpg

ENTJ watch to show status:

e12536l1-prestige-womens-silver-stainless-steel-sport-round-watch.jpg

ESTJ watch:

images

INFP watch:

Other people's watches

ISTP watch:

The position of the sun

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I wear a watch. I feel naked without one, and it's a pain to dig out my cell to see the time. My wrist is RIGHT THERE.

I'm a P. I like knowing the time, but knowing the time doesn't mean I'm good at gauging it or being on time.

This sum it up. It's just easier, and I can check the time in a subtle manner, to avoid offending others.

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Watches mysteriously die when I wear them. I don't know why (weird electrical field?), so I just depend on my cell phone, which manages to survive.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I wear one. I like watches. I am supposedly a P. It was given to me by two Js and a P, but I liked them before.

Oh yeah, the sentimental significance plays a part too. My 3 watches are all gifts. 1 was from my siblings for my graduation, 1 was for my birthday and the 3rd was from a colleague because I helped her daughter with her AI programming homework! :D

Anyway, if I didn't own a watch, I doubt that I would go to a watch shop to buy one though...

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I have absolutely NO internal clock. I -need- something on me that tells time...at all times. And of course, I'm way too lazy to scrounge through my briefcase to dig out my phone, whose battery always dies on me at the worst times.

And I also set my watch 4 minutes ahead. xD

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
a wristwatch? No way. They're too uncomfortable.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
This isn't just a type thing, it's also a generational thing. I don't think a lot of people my age wears watches anymore - it's a one function device. There are clocks everywhere, including on your phone.

wolfy

awsm
I don't wear a watch. I look at my phone, my ipod, the wall...the clock on the wall. I like to talk about the time too "Hey, it's 10:41 already" Time

Chaotic Harmony

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx
1. Do you regularly wear a watch? Why (not)?
2. Are you a P or J? Better yet, if known, what's your whole type?.

1. Yes I regularly wear one... It's not for the time, it's because over the years I've become accustomed to having something on my wrist, so if it's not there it bothers me. And I have a pretty watch from a jewelry store...it's more of an accessory than a necessity. :smile: I rarely ever check the time on my watch... Usually use a wall clock or my cell phone.
2. P... ISFP

wolfy

awsm
1. Yes I regularly wear one... It's not for the time, it's because over the years I've become accustomed to having something on my wrist...

I can understand that. I used to wear a wrist band when I played tennis as a teen and it made me feel that much more Bjorn Borg like. I forgot to say I'm isfp.