• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fluffy Ts and Cold Fs

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I think it goes like this...the more E the more F the more fluffy, the more I the more T the less fluffy, generally. So ExTx can be as fluffy as IxFx (well, ESTx aren't, but ENTx sometimes yes)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it goes like this...the more E the more F the more fluffy, the more I the more T the less fluffy, generally. So ExTx can be as fluffy as IxFx (well, ESTx aren't, but ENTx sometimes yes)

*ahem* did you note who started this thread? ;)

redacted

probably the fluffiest person i know is a female ENTP.

i can be fluffy, too, but only if i'm comfortable. otherwise i sometimes come off as cold and detached. (i wish i was fluffier, i see what affect it has on social relations, but i just can't make myself sometimes.)

my ENFP best friend is much less fluffy than my ENTP friend because the ENFP can get much more awkward (Fi at play). the ENTP shrugs off awkwardness like it's nothing.

EsoteriEccentri

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm not "fluffy" but definitely an F. =)
I think the idea that Ts can't be warm and kind and considerate (or fluffy!) is silly, and vice versa.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Thinkers who appear fluffy and bubbly around here get accused of being Feelers all of the time! And I can think of at least one sarcastic F who has been called a Thinker. Why?!? Can't a Thinker act cheery without someone suspecting that they aren't a thinker after all? or vice versa? :steam:

Please- somebody explain this to me- it's seriously annoying! :thelook:
Are you indeed a T? How do you go about solving problems? Do you immediately think of how something makes you "feel" or do you see the logic in it straight away? I'm not implying you aren't, just asking and fwiw I think you are a T.

As for the F who has been called a T, name names missy! This cannot go unpunished!

It's not typical for a thinker to be "fluffy". The T's I know irl aren't opposed to fluff, they just don't provide it. That doesn't mean a feeling person can't use their noodle and come to a logical decision about something and a thinker can't appreciate a cuddle now and then.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Why do people seem to think that Ts are supposed to be all serious and such all of the time? And that Fs should be nice to everyone all of the time? :huh:

I don't think as you described. I would never say that ENTP or ESTP is serious. :D F's are certainly not nice to everybody. In fact, I think F's can be sometimes more cruel than T's because they tend do take things more personally than T's (but not always).

Please- somebody explain this to me- it's seriously annoying! :thelook:

:D for your mean look.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
:yes: I used to tell my best ENTP friend he was a closet F. He's on the line for E/I, but definitely P. He seems more bubbly than fluffy, but warm and friendly for sure.

Jae Rae

Yeah I think it's deceptive with ENTP's... many of them anyway and certainly me. What comes over as Feeling-ness is really intellectual enthusiasm and adaptive Ne reflecting back at the other person, giving them what they want. Often with me, though I can seem very animated and warm and stuff, but in reality I've very little attachment deep down. It's intellectual excitement, rather than emotional warmth, that's really being displayed most of the time when I get called "warm" or friendly.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP

Well, no. In fact the goes right in the 'stereotype' box.
-EST_ types can be fluffy, as well as INTJs! (whatever exactly 'fluffy' means)
Frankly, if you use those comments as a measure of type, you aren't typing anyone correctly.

(Was that fluffy enough for you? What type do you think I am now?:devil: )

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah I think it's deceptive with ENTP's... many of them anyway and certainly me. What comes over as Feeling-ness is really intellectual enthusiasm and adaptive Ne reflecting back at the other person, giving them what they want. Often with me, though I can seem very animated and warm and stuff, but in reality I've very little attachment deep down. It's intellectual excitement, rather than emotional warmth, that's really being displayed most of the time when I get called "warm" or friendly.
Something like this happens with my youngest son. It's pretty amazing to me. He can be really, genuinely affectionate and he's truly a compassionate soul when he thinks of it, but more often he's more utilitarian that that. He is an information junky, so he asks a lot of questions and people take that to be an expression of interest in them. His being cute with glasses that magnify the size of his eyes and not being able to pronounce certain sounds very well yet all contributes to the illusion.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP

:yes: The Ne curiosity is taken for empathy, and passion is mistaken for sentiment a lot. The appearance of fluff is simply because of that constant hopping from one topic to the next and seemingly irrelevant tangents which the Ne builds connections to. The cheeriness helps you get your way too :devil:. I'd guess Se gives off the same effect, but more rooted in e.g. earthly humour (vs wordplay), enjoyment of food/drink and company etc.

Fe could appear warmer. With Fi, I'm not always certain they're warm vs cold. Or more precisely, they're guarded whom they share their emotions with and are constantly measuring you up vs accepting/exploring and genuinely empathising. This leads to flip-flops in their behaviour and a sort of "it's warm!" then "it's cold now :huh: " feel sometimes....

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, I forgot to mention. Feeling types can be way more mean than thinking types. Some of the meanest people I've known preffered feeling.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
FWIW, whatever warmth I exude irl with strangers is something I totally had to consciously cultivate. I don't really have to work at it much now, but I think sometimes I'm still a bit hit and miss.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: I'm always amused when someone accuses me of being an ESFP because I almost NEVER use Fi :rofl1: I had to teach myself to use Fe even :blush: You'll never catch me actually evaluating something based on what I FEEL about it! :laugh: any emotions you see on here are just from my tendancy to pretend emotions in real life :sad: My inner emotional life is so dead usually that I kind of feel like I'm acting my life! *looks at the ground*

what you guys see as feeling from me is merely learned behavior ;) that's why it always amuses me so much! :yes:

I think that like Sub said before bubbliness is related to ExxP and as Uber suggested it can definitly be related to Fe :yes: You get the exhuberance with ExxPs that you really don't get with other types, and if combined with the social niceness of Fe, you get someone who appears rather bubbly! ;)

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
:laugh: I'm always amused when someone accuses me of being an ESFP because I almost NEVER use Fi :rofl1: I had to teach myself to use Fe even :blush: You'll never catch me actually evaluating something based on what I FEEL about it! :laugh: any emotions you see on here are just from my tendancy to pretend emotions in real life :sad: My inner emotional life is so dead usually that I kind of feel like I'm acting my life! *looks at the ground*

what you guys see as feeling from me is merely learned behavior ;) that's why it always amuses me so much! :yes:

I think that like Sub said before bubbliness is related to ExxP and as Uber suggested it can definitly be related to Fe :yes: You get the exhuberance with ExxPs that you really don't get with other types, and if combined with the social niceness of Fe, you get someone who appears rather bubbly! ;)

Ergo, the blackhole option in polls: I'm a fluffy little cloud, nothing can hurt me. :yes:

JustDave

MBTI Type
xNTP
For what it's worth I am often accused of being distant and reserved.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I think that most INTJs, when forced, can use Ni coupled with Te to emulate very believable emotions, based on what we observe, and then deem to be the appropriate emotion for the specific situation. If it benefits us, we can appear very emotional. I, however, usually do not feel the need to exert such effort into synthesizing emotions.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that most INTJs, when forced, can use Ni coupled with Te to emulate very believable emotions, based on what we observe, and then deem to be the appropriate emotion for the specific situation. If it benefits us, we can appear very emotional. I, however, usually do not feel the need to exert such effort into synthesizing emotions.

Curious... Would that mean that INTJs do not feel emotions as easily, or do not feel emotions at all? Meaning, is all sentiment from one based on thought mainly, vs heart.

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
Curious... Would that mean that INTJs do not feel emotions as easily, or do not feel emotions at all? Meaning, is all sentiment from one based on thought mainly, vs heart.

I mean that emotions of INTJs are not felt on such a level that most other types (Excluding INTPs) feel on a regular basis. So, in a situation where we need to assimilate, we often have to emulate such emotions. INTJs are very emotional, but only on the very few cases that we deem it appropriate.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
I mean that emotions of INTJs are not felt on such a level that most other types (Excluding INTPs) feel on a regular basis. So, in a situation where we need to assimilate, we often have to emulate such emotions. INTJs are very emotional, but only on the very few cases that we deem it appropriate.

* That's what I was getting at - the T's tend to filter if emotion is appropriate first, before showing any. I think the Fs feel it first, then process to show it or not. Perhaps this is why we feel a bit of a fraud or a need to synthesize it to fit in sometimes... hence the appearance of coldness - just throwing this out for discussion.