• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Perfectly balanced personality

marseilaise

MBTI Type
INFP
Hello,

I work with MBTI with other people. It is usually a lot of fun, but sometimes I have some challenges.

The last one is that a 30-year-old man has a result I1, N1, F1, P1.

Have you ever encountered a similar result? If yes, how did you proceed with it?

It is so close to the perfectly balanced personality that Jung wrote about..

Looking forward to your opinions

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Hello. Welcome!

How do you work with MBTI with other people?

What does I1, N1, etc, mean? I guess I don't inderstand the teminology here. What do the numbers signify?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm certainly not 'perfectly balanced', but I do share Se and Ne doms, which makes me sort of an ExTP, and I also consider Ti to be borderline to that sometimes, so that could just make me an xxTP.

Personally I seek to better myself in all aspects, especially making myself a little more F and J (F because there seems to be less difficulty as a female, and J because things need to get done!)

marseilaise

MBTI Type
INFP
Hey,
I just help them interpert the results. I've been certified to do that
Each of the the numbers means the results on the specific dimension. The version I work with uses the scale from 60 to 60, for example
Extraversion 60......................0....................60 Introversion
and the result can be Extraversion 15, or Introversion 30 and so on
Then you see that Introvestion 1 is almost in the middle.. and that's with all the results..

marseilaise

MBTI Type
INFP
Type him as XXXX. Your name is lacking an L, by the way.

hehe, and what to talk to him about :) maybe to congratulate him about being the most unique case ever ;)
my name is not lacking an "l", it's just not the correctly written Marseillaise

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hello,

I work with MBTI with other people. It is usually a lot of fun, but sometimes I have some challenges.

The last one is that a 30-year-old man has a result I1, N1, F1, P1.

Have you ever encountered a similar result? If yes, how did you proceed with it?

It is so close to the perfectly balanced personality that Jung wrote about..

Looking forward to your opinions

This is pretty interesting. I'm not certified or anything but is that what perfectly balanced means - to hardly have a preference for any functions?

marseilaise

MBTI Type
INFP
This is pretty interesting. I'm not certified or anything but is that what perfectly balanced means - to hardly have a preference for any functions?

It basically means that one of the functions does not overshadow the other. But it is hardly achievable. Some authors argue that the functions are developed throughout the life span. After 30s the tetriary function can be also developed, while in the 40s and 50s also the 4th one can come to light, and then the person becomes even more adaptive. Maybe it means that our preferences change. Because MBTI gives us information how the person rgathers information and makes decisions in order to adapt and respond to life's challenges.

Emectar

MBTI Type
ENFP
When Jung wrote about the perfectly balanced type was it in a positive light?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It basically means that one of the functions does not overshadow the other. But it is hardly achievable. Some authors argue that the functions are developed throughout the life span. After 30s the tetriary function can be also developed, while in the 40s and 50s also the 4th one can come to light, and then the person becomes even more adaptive. Maybe it means that our preferences change. Because MBTI gives us information how the person rgathers information and makes decisions in order to adapt and respond to life's challenges.

Yes - that's right. I'm still not it sure being balanced means not having preferences. :)

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Perhaps he is perfectly balanced, or maybe he is compensating on the test. I know when I take those tests, if I fill in too many one way, I am inclined to want to fill in something else to make myself more "well rounded." It's hard to be perfectly honest on the MBTI tests. I also sometimes want to answer something based on the type of person I respect, and not the type that I am.

Try giving him a functions test. (is that what it is called?) It asks the questions in a completely different way.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
balanced and integrated mean different things. your development in jungian theory is a process of becoming more conscious. you don't use your functions. you have certain processes that provide you with more conscious attention/intervention (than others which still go on just at a less conscious level) in specific cognitive activities. then you slowly are able to consciously incorporate slightly more of the other side of the brain specifically with respect to your developmental path. this gives you more communicative solidity or more experiential awareness and helps ground and diffuse you, provide more consistency and hierarchy or more subjective open-endedness (space, time awareness) and possibility.

your introversion/extroversion in a social sense has to do with finding the activities/work that allows you to best used both i and e conscious functions and it has to do with your energy type in enneagram theory regarding sx/so/sp and finding a proper balance/distribution for that so it isn't completely distorted around just one instinctual pattern. the diffusion helps, while still relying on your preferences to construct a realistic system for yourself in which your well-being can flourish. but this type of distortion generally requires ego work to make serious improvements too. i like a combination of maitri/almaas and condon (+ his nlp background) to locate enneagramatic conflicts. i think they have the best maps. riso hudson have some good ideas regarding healthy development and some of their extraneous theories are useful, but i feel like they lack the lucidity in their actual types compared to these others. they don't pull out the conflicts in a way that is clean enough to directly superimpose with jungian theory. i remember palmer being even worse at this and making e5 = intp regardless of the other possibilities. the language wasn't neutral enough in specific places.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
One or more of the following scenarios is probably true for Mr. 'XXXX':

*He has developed his nonpreferred functions to a good degree.

*He is being pressured to act in ways counter to his true preferences.

*He feels his true preferences have not been valued enough and is answering the questionnaire in terms of what he thinks is more desirable to be.

*He has poor self awarness and doesn't know what he really prefers.

*He wants to give off the all things to all people impression so is answering the questionnaire in a way to put him towards the middle on all preferences.

*He might have answered the questionairre perfectly honestly with excellent self-awarness. He may simply be one of those hard to pin down people in regards to type. He may happen to be pretty balanced in regards to E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P. Even if he appears balanced, there is probably some deep down underlying preference in there somewhere.

I'm not sure which of the above scenarios holds most true for him. I think an XXXX result is quite unusual. Usually there is a more pronounced preference on at least one of the scales.

Have you tried asking him how he behaved in childhood and how he's changed in behavior throughout the course of his life? His childhood behavior might be a way of getting at his true preferences before external pressures to be some other type have had much chance to take over.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

*He feels his true preferences have not been valued enough and is answering the questionnaire in terms of what he thinks is more desirable to be.

*He wants to give off the all things to all people impression so is answering the questionnaire in a way to put him towards the middle on all preferences.

*He might have answered the questionairre perfectly honestly with excellent self-awarness. He may simply be one of those hard to pin down people in regards to type. He may happen to be pretty balanced in regards to E/I, S/N, T/F, and J/P. Even if he appears balanced, there is probably some deep down underlying preference in there somewhere.

I'm not sure which of the above scenarios holds most true for him. I think an XXXX result is quite unusual. Usually there is a more pronounced preference on at least one of the scales.

Have you tried asking him how he behaved in childhood and how he's changed in behavior throughout the course of his life? His childhood behavior might be a way of getting at his true preferences before external pressures to be some other type have had much chance to take over.

These seem like good/likely scenarios

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

These seem like good/likely scenarios

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

This.

If it is "so close to the perfectly balanced personality that Jung wrote about", then talk about that.

This.

I'm still not it sure being balanced means not having preferences. :)

This.

Try giving him a functions test. (is that what it is called?) It asks the questions in a completely different way.

Therefore, this.

I mean, is his F-T balance between Ti and Fe, or Te and Fi? Is his N-S balance between Ni and Se, or Ne and Si?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone with such a "perfectly balanced type" would seem a jack of all trades, master of none.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Someone with such a "perfectly balanced type" would seem a jack of all trades, master of none.

Agreed. To an extent. With qualifications.

There may be diminishing marginal returns to utilizing any one function, and thus practice at other functions may yield greater benefit than continually putting all one's energy into just one or two functions.

If one had infinite time, then it would probably be smart to assume that, given one has the capacity to learn to utilize other functions, it would be smart for one to eventually switch one's efforts to developing those other functions.

The question then becomes how quickly one can learn to utilize other functions with skill, and how much time one has to do so...