• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Let's Redefine Some Awful Descriptions!

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I like similarminds.com, it's simple, unassuming, and has lots of tests and profiles and what-not. Bad thing is, the type profiles (despite being the one word description kinds that I love) are innacurate and biased. So I thought, why not work with the members of typeC to build better descriptions! *takes out the Te hammer and Ti screwdriver*

heres the link to the main site: http://similarminds.com/index.html

So which category should be done first, the jung types, or the big 5 types?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ok I'll start!

ENFP​

outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

The bolded terms I feel are negative assertions on the structure of the particular personality; certainly is assumes that ENFP's are irresponsbile, which isn't true in the case of some individuals, and the absence to utilize logic is not a trai that I would associate with any type.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
organized, group oriented, focused, conventional, leader, emotionally stable, anal, attention seeking, planner, realistic, fearless, responsible, finisher, decisive, norm following, respects authority, punctual, hard working, stiff, self confident, thinks rules and regulations are important, follows the rules, clean, outgoing, social, content, does not like being alone, normal, regular,does not like weird or strange people / things - intolerant of differences, strict, disciplined, aggressive, assertive, content, happy, proper, formal, strict with self, meticulous, strong sense of purpose
I did the same, i.e. I bolded the ones that I think are either stereotypical or stereotype-enforcing/creating. For example, the emphasis on respecting authority. Also, I've never related to the aggression aspect of typical ESTJ descriptions. I don't come across as aggressive to anyone, ever. (Of course, I don't come across as passive, either...)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mmmm, perhaps I should bold a few more:

outgoing, social, disorganized, easily talked into doing silly things, spontaneous, wild and crazy, acts without thinking, good at getting people to have fun, pleasure seeking, irresponsible, physically affectionate, risk taker, thrill seeker, likely to have or want a tattoo, adventurous, unprepared, attention seeking, hyperactive, irrational, loves crowds, rule breaker, prone to losing things, seductive, easily distracted, open, revealing, comfortable in unfamiliar situations, attracted to strange things, non punctual, likes to stand out, likes to try new things, fun seeker, unconventional, energetic, impulsive, empathetic, dangerous, loving, attachment prone, prone to fantasy

Words I'd replace:

wild and crazy - spontaneous and fun
irresponsible - flexible/easygoing
irrational - passionate/emotional
seductive - charming, in a cute way.
dangerous - willing to try new things/ideas

October Rust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
INFJ
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self.

A lot of it is very negative, but I just picked out the main things that I didn't think were relevant or those which created stereotypes.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^Yeah, the bias in some of these descriptions is rediculous, just compare the SCOAI profile to the RLUEN profile.

In the meantime I should get started on a documented list of the new descriptions *grabs the Ti screwdriver*.

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
INTP - familiar with the darkside

What are we, the Sith? Though that doesn't really work with this:

unemotional

Might post a longer response later, when I have time to read through all of it and organize my thoughts. I'm in the middle of being all science-y.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
^ I agree. Whats intresting now would be, is the former quote or latter one the wrong one :D

ENTP:
Although Batman has no powers per SE, when compared to the normal human being what he can do often appears to be superhuman. First and foremost is Batman’s keen intellect. Batman is considered by many to be the greatest detective in the world. With his mind, and supercomputer in the Batcave, he has been able to solve many problems, from seemingly random attacks by the Joker to the toughest riddles of The Riddler.
He is also an excellent tactician and strategist. Always thinking many steps ahead of his opponent. One would say that this is the reason he has been able to beat Superman, using his mind instead of his brawn to outwit the Man of Steel into his traps. Others might say that this can be seen as paranoia on Batman’s part, like when he built a satellite system to spy on super humans to keep tabs on them or when he had his secret files with ways to take down the Justice League.
Batman is also a master of many martial arts, hand to hand weapons, and close quarters combat. His body is in the pinnacle of human ability and has been honed by many years of training. He is also extremely agile and is an accomplished gymnast and acrobatic, with many years moving over the Gotham landscape to keep him on his toes.
Finally, with his vast wealth, Batman has amassed an arsenal of technological gadgets, vehicles, and weapons. From his ever trusty Batarang to the Batmobile, and utility belt, Batman is always ready for anything, using the powers of his company, to further research and development as his tool to acquiring whatever he needs to avenge his family and to protect Gotham City.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP

loner, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, wrestles with the meaninglessness of existence, likes esoteric things, disorganized, messy, likes science fiction, can be lonely, observer, private, can't describe feelings easily, detached, likes solitude, not revealing, unemotional, rule breaker, avoidant, familiar with the darkside:devil::devil::devil:, skeptical, acts without consulting others, does not think they are weird but others do, socially uncomfortable, abrupt, fantasy prone, does not like happy people, appreciates strangeness, frequently loses things, acts without planning, guarded, not punctual, more likely to support marijuana legalization, not prone to compromise, hard to persuade, relies on mind more than on others, calm

Does not like happy people - WTF??!!:huh:
Hard to persuade - This might have to tie in with being more skeptical with ideas and concepts, Te might be harder to persuade when it comes to empirical evidence.
More likely to support marijuana legalization - Ha, what do they think we are, a punch of spacey, blabbering, lazy slackers:devil:.
Does not think they are weird but others do - At least I am fully aware I'm a green one eyed popsicle from outerspace, don't worry, I come in peace humans.
Not prone to compromise - This does not seem like it would be a normal INTP trait, INTPs have an behind the scences interaction style mostly so they are more informative and maybe even a little accommodating too. Maybe this might be the case for a Ti-Si INTP because they would have a more narrow-minded, rigid focuse.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
and some of Robin, but thats another story :)

KDude

and some of Robin, but thats another story :)

Is it another story really? I can see how Robin could be an F type...

But the thing is, Robin's lame. Just as bad as the similarminds descriptions. Everyone wants to be Batman. I think I'm borderline F actually, but I'd be misleading everyone if I said I was like Robin :wink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think it's only important that you grab the things that bug you about you by the neck and try to change them bit by bit in a slow process. Later on you can call this problems all sort of names you want, but what is important is that philosohpy and only talking about it will bring this world nowhere :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ESTP

content, emotionally stable, outgoing, social, group oriented, finisher, does not like to be alone(not true... I need some alone time every day! :holy:), open, decisive(that's the LAST word anyone would use to describe me! :doh:), likes external praise, likes to be center of attention, frequently joking, adjusts easily, likes crowds(I'm claustrophobic... crowds tend to panic me :unsure:), self confident, neutral moods, good at getting people to have fun, disorganized, messy, talented at presentation, not easily annoyed, does not like to be alone(this was already on here!), enjoys crude jokes, likes to lead, likes sports, more likely to come off as masculine(not cool... I'm a chick :thumbdown:), risk taker, tends to dominate conversations (I listen just as much as I talk dammit! :steam:), fearless, can handle criticism, hard to discourage

really?! this description sounds like it's describing a date raping frat boy! :nono:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
INFP:

[youtube="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjyH-LkEAg"]:D[/youtube]

KDude

I agree more with T than F on similarminds.

hidden, private, has trouble describing feelings, not very affectionate, loner tendencies, lower energy, can be insensitive to the misfortunes of others, disorganized, messy, fears drawing attention to self, anti-tattoos, anti counter culture, not comfortable in unfamiliar situations, avoidant, rather unemotional, does not like attention, more interested in intellectual pursuits than relationships or family, hermetic, not complimentary, dislikes leadership, more submissive then domineering

I don't have a shitload of tattoos or anything, but I have some that reflect something important to me. I don't see why this would be type related anyways (although I do think random tattoos are lame).

I try my best to offer help.. sometimes my instinct is selfish, but I'll probably pull through. :laugh:

I even identify with the more submissive than domineering part, negative though it may be. I hate domineering behavior, but I can begrudgingly go along with them at times. Or at least, happy to give people the benefit of the doubt. I care to be independent, but don't care for leadership.

More emotional in private.. and looking for a place free to be.

The ISFP description barely reflects anything about me.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJ Description:
creative, smart, focus on fantasy more than reality, attracted to sad things, fears doing the wrong thing, observer, avoidant, fears drawing attention to self, anxious, cautious, somewhat easily frightened, easily offended, private, easily hurt, socially uncomfortable, emotionally moody, does not like to be looked at, fearful, perfectionist, can sabotage self, can be wounded at the core, values solitude, guarded, does not like crowds, organized, second guesses self, more likely to support marijuana legalization, focuses on peoples hidden motives, prone to crying, not competitive, prone to feelings of loneliness, not spontaneous, prone to sadness, longs for a stabilizing relationship, fears rejection in relationships, frequently worried, can feel victimized, prone to intimidation, lower energy, strict with self

Not all INFJs support marijuana legalization. If it's a substance that could potentially harm someone's health and well-being, and if others tend to abuse it just to get a high, I wouldn't risk putting it out there. I don't like drugs... too dangerous for the body.

Non-competitive... okay, some things I can be more oriented towards earning things on my own merit; however, when it comes to championing my ideas and values, I can be a bit competitive with it. If anything, an INFJ is most likely to argue till they're blue in the face about what they believe in, and will go the extra mile to convince others that their ideas are of use to the public, or for another person.

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Is this thread for real???

The biggest problem with humans of every type, is that no one thinks their shit stinks and that they are all perfect..
Why don't you blow that stereo type instead?
Work on your issues instead of denying their existence.

What a bunch of babies ...