• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Other Types Have You Been (or thought you were)

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's sorta funny, the very first time I ever took a MBTI test was in my eleventh grade life study/politics class, and I scored ISTJ. From that point on I became obsessed with MBTI, unsatisfied with what I had learned in class I expanded my knowledge via internet searching. I took test after test and kept coming out INTJ, and later in my life realized I was more of an INTP. Later then I questioned that and decided I was INFP, and now today I have discovered that I'm really ENFP. So essentially I type progressed:

ISTJ - INTJ - INTP - INFP - ENFP

Know for the most part I probably mistyped myself each and every time, although at a younger age I may have been more of one type then another (given that my functions may have developed differently over time). So please share what types have you previously been (whether actual or mistyped) and what have you learned from your progression of types?

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
According to my first test, I was an ESTJ!!!
I didn't believe it! The tester said that I was definitely an ESTJ!
In later tests, I've gotten INFP, ISFP, ENFP, and ESTP.
When I took my first test, I was experiencing a lot of negative stuff and I think that threw off the test results.
I think that it would be fun to be an ESTJ, but I am sure that that is not me.
When I took the MBTI Step II, it clearly said that I was an ISFP. I was in a better place when I took that test and I think that the test results showed it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i was an infp for about a week.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
INFJ, INFP according to tests, ESFP, ISFP, possibly xSFJ or ENFJ according to some people's theorizing, I've even gotten ENTP and INTJ before on tests...ENTP a suprising bit often, and INTJ only once which I think was a crazy fluke that had to do with inherent test flaw.

Rail Tracer

Freaking Ratchet
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My type went from

INFP-INTP-INXP-INFP-IXFP-ISFP.

As for the tests, it usually followed one of the IXXP MBTI types. Other than that, I've gotten INFJ like twice.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^^
I've noticed that NJs are often quite certain of their type, no matter what other people say.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I didn't take the test when I was younger, but if I had to guess starting from when I was about 12 or so I'd say I started out as ENFP, INFP, then INTP, then ENTP, then ExTP. :D

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
i went from infp to infj to infp to intj to intp to infp ... now i am gravitating to enfp :rolleyes: :coffee:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tested INTP for some 8 years or so; but I never looked into MBTI beyond the tests & did not pay the results much mind. I didn't self-identify as INTP as the profiles did not quite fit; instead, I dismissed MBTI as silly. When I began testing INFP & INFJ, it made more sense. My behavior was clearly P, so I investigated INFP first. I identified as INFP once I had even a small glimpse of the theory beyond the test & basic profiles; it was enough for me to read descriptions of Fi-doms & Ti-doms to know I was Fi-dom.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Pretty solid INTP here. I've had "maybe I'm ISTP" and "maybe I'm ENTP" moments.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
First time I took the test, I got entj but when I came here the people on the forum downgraded me to entp :).

I am a very sensitive person therefore I often wondered about me being a F-type and I got typed sometimes to be an enfp or esfj. I've read about a dozen descriptions on all types, but despite the entj and entp I cant really identify with any of them, tho I even tried to bend myself and started to look at me from another position to fit the descriptions. The thing is nowadays I think, when you claim to have a decent intellectuality, you are at the same time more sensitive to nuances of life. It's just important how you deal with them: you can be evil and ignorant, forging your way thru life or you can thrive for harmony, being fair. Today I know the latter one is complete bullshit, cause you cant make things right for everyone but I still cling to the thing that I want to treat people fair and objective for the things they are doing. Following the rule "Only a healthy egoist can help others" and therefore I came to the conclusion, I am prolly more of a T.

I hardly fit any typical type description, entp and entj are most often the closest ones, but they lack in my opinion a lot of detail. An entp type description like "[...] They are always eager and come up with a billion ideas on adaily basis [...]" does give me nothing about the inherited meaning that is being entp. The descriptions often seem to avoid a more humane approach with which I could identify, they rather tell me what I can become in society with this personality and dont help me to better my self in the sole vicinity of my own.

Well, I've never believed mbti could answer all my questions, I sure hoped it could, but I think in the end you'll never get an answer to this question. At least it helped me to understand myself better and therefore enabled me to understand other people better. Some people can do the latter one right after birth, to me humanity's motivations were always a mystery and till today are still only really rational on rare occasions. But well...

I am intrested to see what will happen with age to me. I havent quite fully understood what it means to be a J or a P. I think if the only difference would only be that P's are kids and J's are adults, we eventually would all end up being J what I'ld consider an immense loss to our society. Nevertheless with age I've become more of an adult than I ever wanted, even developed a fabolous organisational talent for things and I never knew I had it in me. I dont know if I will call myself one day again entj, I wouldnt rule out the possibility.

What's for sure tho is that I do not fit any of the S descriptions from my PoV. I dont even identify with the function as it self, since I have a fundamental different way of thinking, which is strongly relation-based and which does make my life very hard for me. It's not easy to survive in a fast-paced business world, if you have a huge communication problem with people from the start and where only a few people you meet sometimes understand what you say right away without a single question.

I cant safely tell that I am not rather insane than intuitive but for the sake of definition, the description mbti gave me on intuition for the first time in my life made me think that I am not insane and too for the first time in my life made me feel that I am not alone..

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
INFP Hawtness all the way, holistic universal visionary extraordinaire at your service. :)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I always test ENFP. Sometimes INFJ/ENFJ.
For a bit, I wanted to believe I was an ENFP, but it was never a truth to me. It was just an attempt at negating all of the happy-bunny-rainbow attributes of ENFJs that I cringe at, even if they resonate. Said ENFP thought didn't last too long :tongue:

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I have bumped into MBTI once some longer time ago before I really got into it. I didn't really bother with reading function descriptions etc. but only read the functions as their names (which we know are not really that easy as it seems on first look). Plus I was back then less conscious about myself and my inner world; I just started to get more aware of myself back then, and there I was still at the start. I wasn't always honest to myself either always when I took the test, and judged only my outward behaviour.

So I did that test a few times in some while and came out as INTJ or INTP if I remember correctly. Possibly I had once also INFP back then already, but I am not sure.

One year later or so I then started to get into MBTI by this forum and had then basically always INFP. I remember only one test where I got at end ISFP, but this test had apparently different results for most people here too if I remember correctly. I didn't change my type once since I am here.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
Im quite certain growing up i was more ENFP, environmental and chemical imbalances have changed that and a few years ago i consistently tested as INTP, which i KNOW i'm not, i'm so F based it's ridiculous, then started looking more into MBTI and a friend who was very much into it had long discussions about it and we worked out i am an INFP, well, xNFP depending on my mental health.

MBTI Type
Mann
INFP > INTP > INFP > INTP > INFP

I think it has more to do with being depressed that I feel more T than anything else.

Edit: I am rethinking this.... I don't know that it is depression, I don't really know what it is. Maybe I am just close on the T/F border...

Edit(again): Over-thinking this points to T, but I also feel like it needs to be an accurate depiction of myself.(Is that even a feeler thing?) Anyone want to take a stab at typing me from what little I have said? :blush:

Edit(last time): For sure this time, INFP.

wolfy

awsm
I got results like intp and intj and others at first but as soon as I got serious I was sure of isxp. Since then I have been off and on between isfp and istp, mostly in isfp land.