• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI 'facts'

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't trust what people lie, exaggerate, and whine about in surveys, though.

Yeah but the information that people choose to self-report (what they choose to lie, exaggerate or whine about) can be, in itself, pretty revealing.

rav3n

ENTJ

• Among top 4 types in college GPA. Check.

• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Working out/exercising." Check.

• Academic subjects preferred: English, science. Check, amongst others which includes my majors.

• In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "People from a variety of backgrounds," and "International opportunities" Check. Get bored with repetition in around 3 seconds.

• Lowest of all types in liking work environments with "No expectation of extra hours" and "Toeing the line." So very check.

• Include "Independence and achievement" and "Clear structure" among top 3 desirable characteristics. Check for item not crossed out.

• Greatest work environment satisfiers are opportunities to use talents and contribute to society, job security, opportunities for learning and for accomplishment. Check for items not crossed out.

• In national sample, 1 of 2 types most satisfied with their work, where they work, and future work opportunities, unlikely to leave job, and among those with the highest income. Kind of bored of current work. Might move on if I can find anything more interesting. Salary isn't an issue. I do okay.

• With ESTJs, had the 2nd highest mean level of coping resources. If this means that stress doesn't get to us, check.

• Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using physical coping resources. Check. Working out lets off a lot of steam.

• In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to think of options." If this means options of how to effectively get to end goal, check.

• In national sample, ranked 2nd highest in "No" and 4th highest in "Not sure" re: "Belief in higher spiritual power." Check. Agnostic athiest.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP

• Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality. - Yes, some of the top features I prefer. Freedom is important also.
• Have a general advantage in foreign language learning. - I like languages, but I don't think I have any special gift.
• Most likely of all the types to report suicidal thoughts in college. - I've never had very serious suicidal thoughts, but dark thoughts have not been unusual at any age for me.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Reading," and "Listening to music." - hahaha....yes
• Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music. - I liked those, but I also liked math.
• Among 3 highest types favoring work environments with "Independence & achievement," and include among top 3 desirable characteristics "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure." - True, except for the structure part. Loose structure is preferred. I like casual, easy-going work atmospheres. All I need are definite deadlines & a place to work without distraction. Rules make me unhappy.
• In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Amount of stress," and "Opportunities for accomplishment." - I don't relate to those. I don't like jobs that deal with the public, have strict dress codes, or that mainly involve mundane tasks. Micromanaging, office drama, and schmoozing make me barf also.
• In national sample, with INTPs, most dissatisfied with the work they do, where they work, and future work opportunities, and likely to leave job. - Yeah, I definitely just work to live...

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
INFP

• Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality. Well, I guess that is not unimportant to most people? Who doesn't want to be original, or other said, put something into it of yourself which makes it unique? Creativity comes from the same position.
• Have a general advantage in foreign language learning. Not sure on that. I was better in English than most at our school, though I rarely spoke English. I was able to understand English very quick and well. But since I was rather lazy with it, there was some which were a bit better to end when it came to vocabularies/grammar when writing own texts, and I rarely spoke English because I was generally not very much participating in classes. In Latin my lazyness broke my neck to end.
• Most likely of all the types to report suicidal thoughts in college. I never had serious suicidal thoughts. Well, I sometimes saw no sense in living since I was a teenager, had dark thoughts etc. and maybe played through the scenario of a suicide to be aware of the consequences, but I never really planned on doing so. There was three reasons why I never really planned to. First, I was thinking about my family which I know would be hurt by it. Second, I thought that even if the hopes are small that life gets better, I thought the small chance was enough to try. And third, I want to prove a point to myself that I can get through all that mess and adopted a "me vs the world"-attitude :p
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Reading," and "Listening to music." Mostly true (well, art does not play a big role for me), though "hanging around in front of the PC" is lacking in the list *sigh*
• Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music. Does not apply to me at all. I never was interested in the subjects art and music at school, and English (or rather German here then) was always boring. I am studying Business Informatics, and other subjects which would interest me would be Philosophy or Psychology.
• Among 3 highest types favoring work environments with "Independence & achievement," and include among top 3 desirable characteristics "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure." That should apply to me. Though not sure what exactly is meant with "Clear structure", but if it means what I think it means then it is good.
• In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Amount of stress," and "Opportunities for accomplishment." I didn't have a job yet, but I can see that those things become a problem to me. Especially stress.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bold: Strongly applies. Italic: Somewhat applies. Strikeout: Doesn't apply. No markup: undecided.

ENFP

• 3rd most frequent among education majors in college.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Playing musical instrument," "Listening to music," "Reading"
• Underrepresented in "Watching TV for leisure" and "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
• Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music.
• In national sample, lowest of all types in liking work environments where "Everything is done by the book"
• 1 of 3 highest types in liking "Independence & achievement," "Teamwork," and "People from different backgrounds."
• Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality.
• In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" and "Salary"; satisfied with "People I work with" in their jobs.
• With ESTJs, had highest total coping resources of all the types.
• Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using social and emotional coping resources and 2nd in using cognitive resources.
• In national sample, ranked lowest in coping with stress by "Developing physical symptoms."

ENTP

• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Writing," "Playing sports," "Playing with computers or video games"
• Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."
• Academic subjects preferred: art, science.
• 1 of 2 types most frequent among college alcohol policy violators.
• In national sample, highest of all types in liking work environment characteristics "Independence & achievement" and "Opportunities for advancement & high pay, but not job security" and including "Variety of tasks" and "Clear structure" among top 3 characteristics
• 1 of top 3 types liking "International opportunities" as a characteristic.
• Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality.
• In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions," "Opportunities to use talents," and "Salary" in their work.
• In national sample, among those types most dissatisfied with their work and among those with the highest income.
• With ENFPs, had highest mean level of coping resources.
• Overrepresented among those having Type A behavior.
• In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Confronting the problem."
• In national sample, ranked lowest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension."

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISFPs are so lazy and stupid. :solidarity:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP

• Highly represented among male college scholarship athletes.
Not me personally, but it makes sense
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Playing with computers or video games"
lol...represent!!
• Underrepresented in "Listening to music" and "Writing."
I listen to music constantly on my commute; don't write for fun, do write excessively for non-fun
• Academic subjects preferred: math, practical skills.
Bio for me; I never liked math much but didn't mind it, I was good at it; practical skills = like home ec or something?? not for me, but only because all the dumb kids would be in it. I'd like to take grown-up classes in those kinds of things now
• Highest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Independence & achievement"
well, yeah...doesn't everyone?
• Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Variety of tasks."
Both of these are extremely true, although structure can be flexible as long as there's some hint of it
• Most important feature of an ideal job: "A stable and secure future."
don't know about most important, but definitely it's a factor
• In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" in the work place.
haven't entered the "real" work force yet
• In national sample, among top 4 types valuing "Autonomy."
makes sense
• With INFJs, ranked first among all the types in using spiritual/philosophical coping resources.
I'm pretty surprised by this, although being interested in "zen"/minimalist type stuff seems common -but not really the spiritual side of it. I'm not at all religious
• In national sample, ranked lowest in reporting stress associated with "Balancing home and work."
I get stressed out sometimes, like everyone else. Work-life balance is important to me, though
• In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Getting upset or angry and not showing it."
sometimes...doesn't everyone? I don't know what the other options are, though

stringstheory

THIS bitch
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
very interesting..

• 3rd most frequent among education majors in college. not an education major, though I definitely considered it
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Writing," "Appreciating art," "Playing musical instrument," "Listening to music," "Reading" mostly accurate
• Underrepresented in "Watching TV for leisure" and "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day."nahhhh, lol
• Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music. I do like these subjects, but i'd like to know what all of the choices were...this for sure applied in high school when the subjects were limited, though.
• In national sample, lowest of all types in liking work environments where "Everything is done by the book" YES
• 1 of 3 highest types in liking "Independence & achievement," "Teamwork," and "People from different backgrounds." YES
• Most important feature on an ideal job: creativity and originality. as in, "a job where these are appreciated? yes
• In national sample, dissatisfied with "Promotions" and "Salary"; satisfied with "People I work with" in their jobs. i work a lame minimum wage job, but so far this applies
• With ESTJs, had highest total coping resources of all the types.
• Ranked 1st of all 16 types in using social and emotional coping resources and 2nd in using cognitive resources. yup
• In national sample, ranked lowest in coping with stress by "Developing physical symptoms." heh, I couldn't even really tell you what this would entail, so i guess that's a yes

KDude

• Among the highest persisters in college. - Nope. Probably dropped out 5 or 6 times now.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day" and "Watching TV for leisure" - Nope. Unless you count having the TV on in the background
• Underrepresented in "Reading," "Working out/exercising," "Writing," "Appreciating art," and "Taking classes, going to school." -I love to read, exercise moderately, I am an artist, I guess. Kind of hard not to appreciate it, considering.
• Academic subject preferred: practical skills. - Why would I need to take classes for that?
• Lowest of all types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks" - I get annoyed without variety/mixing it up a bit.
• 1 of 3 highest types in favoring "Loyalty & security," "Making the job as simple as possible," and "No expectation of extra hours" - Finally something I agree with.
• Include among top 3 desirable work characteristics "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement." - I guess
• In national sample, greatest dissatisfiers in the work environment were "Promotions," "Job security," and "Salary." - Sure
• In national sample, among those with lowest income and unlikely to leave job. - I've left more jobs than actually had jobs. No, that isn't supposed to make sense.
• Ranked 15th of 16 types in using emotional coping resources and 16th using physical coping resources; ranked 15th in total resources. - I was just complimented the other day on how I always have something to entertain myself with.
• In national sample, ranked highest in "Ever had heart disease/hypertension." - Nope.
• In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Trying to avoid stressful situations," "Getting upset or angry and not showing it," "Sleeping," and "Watching TV." - Eh, to be honest I've probably swung the first punch several times. I mean, I know when to jump into a stressful situation if I gather that someone is going to persist being a smartass. I have no illusions about hiding anger and holding in frustration to the point of getting "heart disease". Geez.. And I don't sleep more than 6 hours on the dot. It's not something I indulge in. I'm not an ISFP according to any of this.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Me = INTJ, my comments are in bold :)

• Most important feature of an ideal job: creativity and originality. - Yes, along with positive and kind co-workers. I cannot work in a negative environment.
• In national sample, lowest in reporting stress associated with "School" and "Caring for aging parents." School was not stressful for me academically, but it was socially. I can't comment on caring for aging parents because I am still young and it doesn't apply.
• In national sample, lowest in coping with stress by "Watching TV." How I best cope with stress is talk with my husband, pet my cats, and meet other cats at the shelter!
• In national sample, ranked highest in saying "No" to belief in a higher spiritual power. False. I am a Christian and my faith is the single most important aspect of my life and identity :) I know a handful of other INTJs, including my husband, who would say the same about themselves.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Taking classes, going to school," "Appreciating art," "Playing with computers or video games," and "Working out/exercising" I don't really do video games, and I don't work out much (I am naturally very thin and have chronic fatigue...), but I do love art and go on the computer fairly often.
• Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day." True.
• Academic subjects preferred: science. And psychology, and theology, and math... :) haha
• Highest GPA among college persisters. I finished grad school with a 4.0. In undergrad despite being ill nearly the entire time, I graduated magna cum laude. So, true.
• 1 of 3 highest types in liking work environment characteristic "Variety of tasks" as well as highly favoring "Clear structure" and "Independence & achievement" True.
• Lowest of all types in liking work environments characterized by "Making the job as simple as possible." Haha, true, although simple and efficient/interesting sure beats simple and inefficient/boring!
• In national sample, among types with highest income; dissatisfied with "Future work opportunities," "Promotions," and "Job security" in their jobs. Heh, highest income is a negative as of now, but given the economy what do you expect? Dissatisfied part is true though LOL.
• Highest rank on coping resources used was spiritual/philosophical - ranked 3rd out of the 16 types. Absolutely yes.
• Among the 3 male types overrepresented among substance abusers. Not male, but my INTJ husband and I have never smoked, gotten drunk, nor used drugs.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
ENFJ

• Rated by psychologists among 2 types least likely to have trouble in school. I didn't have trouble in school, but I don't care structured learning...never finished college.
• In national sample "Leisure Activities," overrepresented in "Appreciating art," "Writing," "Listening to music," and "Reading" Yes, yes, no and yes.
• Underrepresented in "Watching TV 3 or more hours per day." I have the TV on all day while I work...it's mostly background noise...so I dunno how to respond to this :shrug:
• Academic subjects preferred: art, English, music. Yes, yes, scratch music add humanities, geology and biology.
• Among 3 highest types in national sample liking work environments with "Variety of tasks," "Teamwork," and "People from a variety of backgrounds." I don't like working with people...I work by myself :)
• Include in 3 most desirable characteristics "Independence and achievement." Yes and No.
• Most important feature of an ideal job: "Use of my special abilities." I'm not that special.
• In national sample, were among those most satisfied with their work, where they work, but likely to leave job. Historically, yes.
• In national sample, greatest work environment satisfiers are "People I work with," "Opportunities to use talents," "Opportunity to learn," "Job security," "Amount of responsibility," and "Opportunity for societal contribution." :rofl1: Again, I don't like working with people. Job security - have none - I eat what I kill. I work for fun and money to live...I do things for humanity in my off time :newwink:
• Greatest dissatisfiers were "Promotions" and "Salary." Does not apply
• Highest ranks on coping resources used were social and cognitive (ranked 3rd on both among the 16 types); ranked 3rd in total resources of the 16 types. Scratch social add talking, yes to cognitive.
• In national sample, highest in coping with stress by "Exercising." Sometimes.
• In national sample, ranked highest in "Belief in a higher spiritual power." My higher power is bacon...so no.