• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Can you look like your MBTI?

Ingenue

So I'm reading the type descriptions on socionics.com, and I found specific physical descriptions for each type. I found this funny because it goes so far as to describe things like facial bone structures that are generally thought to be unrelated to personality.

(from socionics.com)

ENTPs normally have a long, slim figure. Other parts of the body are also stretched, especially the legs and fingers. They often have rounded shoulders. Sometimes ENTps have a characteristic inwardly sloping chin.

ISFPs often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball. Their faces are usually smooth and round without any obvious projections.

ESFJs usually have a straight, upright posture and the body itself is often firm and slim. In fact it is rare to find an ESFj with a full figure, especially a male. Their figure can also be somewhat elongated.

INTJs have a characteristic ascetic face because of its angularity and composition of the features, like cheekbone and eyebrow arcs. Their face is usually pale or bloodless.

ENFJs often have slim arms, legs and torso. They often have big, straight, sharp noses. Their eyes usually have a melancholy look about them and at the same time have that obsessed shine that shows a great emotional charge.

ISTJs often have a very firm, solid figure, especially males. They keep their feet rooted to the ground giving the impression that they are sturdy and secure. Their heads are firmly fixed squarely to their shoulders and are practically immovable.

ESTPs generally have either slim figures or firm and solid figures. Slim ESTps have slow and phlegmatic movements, giving the impression of calmness and self-confidence. Females often have a fragile appearance.

INFPs mainly have slim figures, however well-built INFps are not that uncommon. Their eyes vary from large to small. Narrow eyes give the impression that the person is smiling whereas wider eyes convey a feeling of curiosity.

ESFPs usually have a smooth oval facial structure, which is mainly free of projections with the exception of the nose, which can be quite large. The eyes themselves are almost never deeply set.

INTPs often have a characteristic round-shouldered posture. Their noses are somewhat aquiline in shape which combined with often flattened cheekbones giving the false impression that their noses are large.

ENTJs often have full lips and a characteristic salesman like smile. Their bone structures normally give them their square shape figures. Their faces too are often square in shape and the facial structure itself often has many small details.

ISFJs normally have slightly thick lips which they normally keep tightly together. Their facial structure is smooth, with a distinct lack of prominent or sharp cheek bones. ISFjs can have very slim and elongated figures as well as full figures with big, wide shoulders.

ESTJs have a characteristic upright posture often appearing as if their backs are inflexible giving the impression that they are executing a military drill. In many cases ESTjs are slim. However, larger ESTjs are not exceptional, especially when applied to women.

INFJ faces are often perfect ovals but can be rectangular in shape as well. Their noses are usually straight and slightly elongated, but not prominent.

ENFPs are normally tall and quiet or short and full-figured. Generally ENFps have straight proportional noses. Full figured ENFps have corpulent faces and quite often a nice smile. Their facial structure is rather round with softer edges.

ISTP faces are usually oval in shape and get more narrow towards the bottom, however more square faces are not rare. Their mouth line is often calm, straight and turned slightly downwards at the corners. Their teeth are often of equal width and their mouth is usually kept tightly shut even when relaxed.

Random Ness

Socionics =/= MBTI. Visual identification is strictly a socionics theory. Please don't mix up the two.

Ingenue

Okay, point taken. Though I test the same result via both.

Then can you look like your socionics type?

Random Ness

Okay, point taken. Though I test the same result via both.

Well, I've surfed the16types.info, and I have noticed it is startlingly accurate.

That's just my observations, though. There are plenty of people who say Visual Identification is bullshit. :smile:

Arclight

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
There is a thread on here somewhere by a guy with a theory called Somatype.. He swears by it. You could make arguments that he had a point.. you could also argue that is was a crock of crap.

There is also a thread about facial structure on here somewhere that is eerily accurate.

So maybe there is something to it..

I know I find INF women good looking quite often, because for some reason, they tend to have many of the features I am attracted to, physically speaking.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yes I'm ISFP and a bouncy fatty.

wolfy

awsm
I am stout and have a bouncy, somewhat rhino like gait. That'd make me isfp.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I just realised they described Winnie the Pooh perfectly! Must be true.

KDude

I fit the socionics ISTp in many ways. Down to the ex-delinquent past, evaluating nature, the (admittedly) difficulty with emotions, oval face.. Hell, I have the one sided smile in my photo album hah. I'd still call myself kind of borderline Fi/Ti in MBTI, but then... in socionics that's accounted for too apparently. All types have every function playing out in some way there.

That somatotype guy mentioned above thought I was ISTP or INTP as well, but I had to argue with him out of principle. He had a bad definition of Fi.

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
I like Socionics better but MBTI ruined me so that my mind isn't a blank state when I try to understand Socionics and keeps trying to make connections when there may not be any (!). Why would they use the same letters/system for each "type"! Should have just kept it IEI/EII or whatever. Jeesuz.

My features are round and soft...

Ingenue

I like Socionics better but MBTI ruined me so that my mind isn't a blank state when I try to understand Socionics and keeps trying to make connections when there may not be any (!). Why would they use the same letters/system for each "type"! Should have just kept it IEI/EII or whatever. Jeesuz.

My features are round and soft...

Like a teddy bear! :)

Ha. Do you have narrow or large eyes?

Ingenue

I fit the socionics ISTp in many ways. Down to the ex-delinquent past, evaluating nature, the (admittedly) difficulty with emotions, oval face.. Hell, I have the one sided smile in my photo album hah. I'd still call myself kind of borderline Fi/Ti in MBTI, but then... in socionics that's accounted for too apparently. All types have every function playing out in some way there.

That somatotype guy mentioned above thought I was ISTP or INTP as well, but I had to argue with him out of principle. He had a bad definition of Fi.

You look eerily familiar... But I saw another commented with the same. Maybe you just have one of those looks.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't know my Socionics type...I'll find out later.

I don't relate to either ExTP, except possibly the solid figure of the ESTP. I've always been in shape, for the most part. :yes:

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
My nose is somewhat aquiline, but it doesn't normally apear that large.

My ISFP friend fits the thing pretty well.

My INTP friend doesn't fit at all.

My INFP friend doesn't have wide or squinty eyes and doesn't smile that much (she's a bit cynical, but I'd still type her INFP I think).

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
No.

I've decided that saying people look like their type is basically like racism.

G

Ginkgo

Yes, but the descriptions aren't absolute. I would also say that they are flimsy tools for typing people and wouldn't recommend them. There are many other factors that effect soma-"type" other than personality type.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm a socionics INTj and I don't look much like the way they describe it. I'm not exactly or thin or angular for starters.