• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

FJ villains

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Probably all types are capable of being villains to some degree, but I'm sure most will agree it is VERY hard to be truly villainous if you are an Fe user, simply because Fe users like to adhere to shared values and keep people happy. But I think I have found a possible example of FJ villains in fiction.

It seems the most likely way an Fe user can be a villain is if they THINK they are helping. Therefore they have to have the delusion that what they are doing will make people happy.

One possible example is Angela Petrelli from Heroes. I am unsure about her, but I think she might be ISFJ. She always tries to 'protect' her family from the world and discreetly manipulates people while hopefully retaining their trust and love into keeping order and happiness in her families life. However, she is obsessive about this and has caused a lot of trouble because of it.

Another is Esme Squalor in A Series of Unfortunate Events, who is probably ESFJ. She is often actually quite cruel to some people, namely the Baudelaires, but she is under a delusion that she is making her particular societal influences (Olaf and troupe) happy with her presence and work in his schemes. She thinks her behaviour (including her need to be 'in' all the time) is beneficial to those who are important to her and she is rather conscious of her social standing.

So, any other FJ villains you can think of?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
paula_deen_kraft1.jpg

Okay, okay, I don't really have any idea whether or not Paula Deen is an FJ villain but just seeing her picture tells me that an FJ villain is possible . . . :shock:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh, no, I do not agree at all it is difficult to be a villain if you are a FJ. Quite the contrary. The darkside of EFJs can be the very definition of ego-hunger.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Oh, and I would like to offer my grandmother as another example of an ESFJ villain.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Real Live (Your mileage may vary on some of these):

Hitler (INFJ)
Goebbels (ENFJ)
Pol Pot (INFJ)
Charles Manson (ENFJ)
Jim Jones (ENFJ)
David Koresh (ENFJ)
Leon Trotsky (ENFJ)
Rasputin (INFJ)
Bill O'Reilly (ESFJ)
Bloody Mary of Scotland (ISFJ)
Pope Innocent III (ESFJ)

Depending on your POV, hick ESFJ pastors from Arkansas who demand niggers to be strung up from lampposts

Fictional:

The Operative (Serenity, INFJ)
Paladin Alexander Anderson (Hellsing, epic ESFJ is E P I C)
Silas (The Da Vinci Code, ISFJ)
Manuel Aringarosa (The Da Vinci Code, ESFJ)
Camerlengo Carlo Ventresca (Angels & Demons, INFJ)
Nicolae Carpathia (Left Behind series, ENFJ)
Claude Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame, novel version, INFJ)
Light Yagami (in the live-action movies he's an evil ESFJ, as opposed to the Manga's walking INTJ stereotype)

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Light Yagami (in the live-action movies he's an evil ESFJ, as opposed to the Manga's walking INTJ stereotype)

I haven'tseen the movie, but I would be surprised at that. I can't imagine an ESFJ being like an INTJ at all, and it seems like a rather rapid departure. Speaking of which, is the movie any good? I heard it's much less intelligent than the anime/manga.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In the movies, his sense of right and wrong is derived from having read his dad's copy of the Bushido code, which is indicative of Fe and Si. In the anime/manga it's based on his grand (and very utilitarian) vision of a future rid of criminal scum -- Ni and Fi.

The movies are kinda crappy, but they're worth watching. They're campy fun.

Laurasaur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Bloody Mary of Scotland (ISFJ)

Bloody Mary (Mary I of England) or Mary Queen of Scots? I can definitely see Mary I as some kind of SJ since tradition (especially when it came to religion) was very important to her. She was a bit too fiery/fanatical for an ISFJ though - I think ESFJ wuld be a better fit.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Why would it be particularly hard for an FJ? Fe isn't all about "making people happy" it can be about aligning the feeling environment to yourself, as in you're unhappy so you'll drag everyone else down with you, so the group is "harmoniously" unhappy. When an FJ has a temper tantrum they want everyone else to feel it too. Ingroups and out groups are also important, FJs are keenly aware of who's in and who's out.

I think the 'queen bee' highschool cheerleader 'mean girl' stereotype could be FJ.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A good example would be the wife in that criminal family who are neighbors of the Powerpuff Girls, who became evil because the lady tried to host them (and she was stereotypically all smiles and sunshine), and felt unappreciated. The father ends up in prison, she goes from nice to evil, and then in the followup episode, when he gets oout, both of them and the kids try to become a supervillain family and destroy the girls and professor.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bloody Mary (Mary I of England) or Mary Queen of Scots? I can definitely see Mary I as some kind of SJ since tradition (especially when it came to religion) was very important to her. She was a bit too fiery/fanatical for an ISFJ though - I think ESFJ wuld be a better fit.
Sorry, that was Bloody Mary of England. My bad.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i don't really think that FJs have any particular immunity from being malevolent - instead, i think that because they have the power of directing social currents, they have an increased capacity for doing either intentional good or harm in the social realm. there's a tangible amount of control that FJs wield over their people-environments and that can either be used for wonderful healing things, for redirecting individuals who are headed down the wrong paths and for leading social movements... or for very effective ostracizing and placing blame. FJs have group control, for better or for worse. fortunately, being that it's generally in humans' disinterest to be malevolent (after all, making an unhappy environment makes everyone even more unhappy personally), most FJs are good. just like most people of all types.

Mr. Sherlock Holmes said:
It seems the most likely way an Fe user can be a villain is if they THINK they are helping. Therefore they have to have the delusion that what they are doing will make people happy.

agree. i think this is true for all of us; it just manifests in different ways. we all just want what is "best". how you define "best", though...

Quinlan said:
Fe isn't all about "making people happy" it can be about aligning the feeling environment to yourself, as in you're unhappy so you'll drag everyone else down with you, so the group is "harmoniously" unhappy.

this is interestingly expressed. i see what you mean. what's commonly known as a "temper tantrum" seems more Fi-style to me, i think - when an FJ acts on anger, it seems more calculated and intentional - but the FJs i know well (mom, grandma, 2 close friends) do redirect and reorganize people when they're unhappy. they're particularly good at turning a group against someone. or, conversely, turning a group towards someone. i think the people that tend to command everyone's attention when they walk into a room are often Fe-doms. they're magnetic.

as for my evil FJ: fellow cheerleader chick (ExFJ) who made my middle school existence hell. i just liked wearing the cute outfit, getting out of class early, and dancing in front of a crowd. she had to play backstabbing games so that she could retain her status of "most popular" and the power that went along with that.
:girlfight:

Idioteque

Just read any biography on Hitler and it becomes crystal clear that he was both an introvert and a feeler.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Why would it be particularly hard for an FJ? Fe isn't all about "making people happy" it can be about aligning the feeling environment to yourself, as in you're unhappy so you'll drag everyone else down with you, so the group is "harmoniously" unhappy. When an FJ has a temper tantrum they want everyone else to feel it too. Ingroups and out groups are also important, FJs are keenly aware of who's in and who's out.

I think the 'queen bee' highschool cheerleader 'mean girl' stereotype could be FJ.

This is right. I've had lots of personal experience with the bolded.