• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI Pet Preferences

Trentham

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Hmm....people I've lived with and their pets, let's see if there are any correlations:

Me - INTP - prefer cats, dogs are OK, can get along fine without a pet.
Dad - ISTP - likes dogs & cats equally. Loves animals, has also kept birds, fish and rodents as pets.
Mom - xSFJ - Strongly prefers dogs, will tolerate cats but doesn't like them to be in the house, ever.
Sister - ISTJ - Definite dog preference but not as strong as mom's. Pet-crazy. Her pets are her kids. Strong into animal rights causes.

Ex #1 - ISTP - prefers cats but also likes dogs. Animal lover. Works in veterinary medicine and loves it. Last I heard she had 5 cats, a dog, and a fishtank.
Ex #2 - ISFJ - Dog preference but likes cats. Almost, but not quite, parent-child type relationship with her dog. Must own a dog at all times.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ and proudly owned by three beautiful cats! :wubbie:

I love dogs and other animals too, but I have always been a cat person first and foremost.

Nijntje

Warflower
MBTI Type
CRZY
Enneagram
4w5
INFP and while i love animals in general. I grew up on an orchard and vineyard, had dogs, cats, chickens, geese, a goat and a horse who i ADORED. But keeping horses in a city isn't always practical =)

In a non rural setting i like having a large tropical fish tank (i can pretend i'm god and it's super relaxing watching them) and i prefer cats.

I like dogs, but they always make me feel guilty, like i can never give them enough love and attention no matter how much i dole out to them, they exhaust me.

My cats (i have two), i know they love me; as much as an animal can do, but they aren't demanding. They come and go as they please during the day maintaining independence and space, but always snuggle up with me at night and stay in bed with me if I'm sick.

Totally a cat person.

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cats, dogs, rabbits, any animal for that matter, I love just about every type of animal imaginable. Granted if I had things my way I'd love to have a pet tiger, or elephant, or bonobo chimp, or monitor lizard, or giraffe, you name it.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Cats, dogs, rabbits, any animal for that matter, I love just about every type of animal imaginable. Granted if I had things my way I'd love to have a pet tiger, or elephant, or bonobo chimp, or monitor lizard, or giraffe, you name it.

:thelook:

Naked Mole Rat?

Savage Idealist

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Originally posted by Biaxident
Naked Mole Rat?

Wll I suppose a naked mole rat could make a nice pet, I mean it's not as cuddly and cute like a dog or as exotic and dangerous as a tiger, but I guess it could possess some rather interesting characteristics.

October Rust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I prefer dogs, but don't mind cats sometimes. It depends on the cat, really.

Of people I know:
INFJ - strong dog preference
ISFP x2 - strong cat preference
INFP - dogs
ESFJ - dogs
IxTJ - dogs
INTx - dogs
ISTJ - strong cat preference
ESTP - cats
ESFP - dogs
ISTP - dogs

But it may have something to do with the fact that my Mum's side of the family is practically all pro-dog, and my Dad's side is the opposite.

e.lee.sa

MBTI Type
Ixxx
I always thought I would love dogs more than cats. I played with other ppl's dogs more (than cats). But then I got a small dog breed & didn't like it.
Actually my ESFJ friend loved him more.
I guess I still love large dog breeds like doberman and German, but I don't want to own one. I don't want to own cats either, but I guess they are more independent & I don't like child-like, needy or clingy animals like dogs.

I also had rodents (guinea pigs, rabbits, rats) & birds (parrot, finches, ducks) & loved them.

Although I love most animals, I realized that I mostly like to keep cage animals &/or independent animals & animals that can be kept in a group.

Solitary but dependent animals like dogs are not my type of animals.
When I get home after a busy day, I'd rather sit, relax & do one of my fave hobbies.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I love all animals. No, seriously, all of them. Even the creepy ones. I would love to have a tarantula or some giant African millipedes someday. I also love snakes, but I don't really like the idea of feeding them live rodents (as I also love rodents).

I am a definite dog person, though. I just have this weird connection with them. Even the most skittish dogs come right up to me and let me pet them.

I love cats, but I don't think I'll ever own one again. It's always a gamble when you get a cat. Dogs are usually trainable, but with cats, you never know if you're going to get a good one or a totally awful one. I have this theory that cats aren't actually domesticated. They're just mostly wild animals that we allow to live in our homes for some reason. But that's just me.

Plus if a cat pees or sprays in your house, you are screwed.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
I am an animal lover in general, but I guess I would say I am more of a dog lover. My golden retriever is my co-pilot in everything.

My daughter is a INFP and LOVES cats...so that is kinda a leaning towards extroverts <3 dogs, introverts <3 cats, at least in my house.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I also love snakes, but I don't really like the idea of feeding them live rodents (as I also love rodents).
Maybe you should get a capybara. They seem to get along okay with dogs ... and some other animals. :D

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=15246]SD45T-2[/MENTION] I love capybaras! They look like some sort of Dr. Seuss creature.

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Jeez, if I got near a tarantula, I'd probably end up freaking out and hitting it with a wrench xD you have a lot of guts. There's some people that can gently pick up a tarantula and put it outside, I envy those people. They can deal with them the right way, versus me that would have to brutally murder it before I can go to sleep at night :p
I love all animals. No, seriously, all of them. Even the creepy ones. I would love to have a tarantula or some giant African millipedes someday. I also love snakes, but I don't really like the idea of feeding them live rodents (as I also love rodents).

I am a definite dog person, though. I just have this weird connection with them. Even the most skittish dogs come right up to me and let me pet them.

I love cats, but I don't think I'll ever own one again. It's always a gamble when you get a cat. Dogs are usually trainable, but with cats, you never know if you're going to get a good one or a totally awful one. I have this theory that cats aren't actually domesticated. They're just mostly wild animals that we allow to live in our homes for some reason. But that's just me.

Plus if a cat pees or sprays in your house, you are screwed.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really, really, really love my betta fish!! :D
I also love dogs, but I'm allergic to cats. I've always wanted a cat though.
I also love cute little hamsters. I have a hamster and she's sooo cute.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Maybe you should get a capybara. They seem to get along okay with dogs ... and some other animals. :D

Wow. You just blew my mind! I did not know that capybaras existed. Now I want one!

[emoji7]

á´…eparted

passages
I am DEFINITELY a cat person. I LOVE cats! It's kinda pathetic how much I love them. I currently don't own one because I am not at a place in my life where I can have one. Because of this I go all goo-goo ga-ga when ever I see one "...KITTY! LOOK! THERE'S A KITTY! I WANT TO PET THE KITTY! KITTY SO CUTE :D".

I actually dislike dogs.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have 3 cats and I want to acquire a corgi and a sloth in the future.