• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Firstnames most representative of each type.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
State a type, the name that most represents that type and your argument for it.

I'll start it off with my own type. (funnily enough, also my firstname)

ENTP: Jack
Frequently used by 'trickster' characters in folklore and fiction who use ingenuity to solve the problem. These characters usually fit the ENTP mold. Examples include Captain Jack Sparrow, Jack Napier a.k.a The Joker (Batman), Jack the Giant Killer. Through Hebrew links (rather than the English pet name for John), Jack can be seen as a shortening of Yaacov or Jacob, the Hebrew for 'supplanter' and a good Biblical example of ENTP. The Italian shortening of this name is Iago, the 'trickster' in Shakespeare's Othello.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I feel like Todd would have to be an SF name. I just can't see it any other way. hahaha
I also think Stuart has to be an F name. Such a "soft" name...

Vie

Giggity
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I feel like Todd would have to be an SF name. I just can't see it any other way. hahaha
I also think Stuart has to be an F name. Such a "soft" name...

I've always associated Stuart with Stuart Minkus from Boy Meets World...who seems to be an NT, lol.

Onceajoan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
ENTP: Jack
Frequently used by 'trickster' characters in folklore and fiction who use ingenuity to solve the problem. These characters usually fit the ENTP mold. Examples include Captain Jack Sparrow, Jack Napier a.k.a The Joker (Batman), Jack the Giant Killer. Through Hebrew links (rather than the English pet name for John), Jack can be seen as a shortening of Yaacov or Jacob, the Hebrew for 'supplanter' and a good Biblical example of ENTP. The Italian shortening of this name is Iago, the 'trickster' in Shakespeare's Othello.

This is good! Great examples. Funny. My ex is an ENTP and his name is JACK!

INFP: James/Jim/Jimmy

James Taylor (singer/composer) , James "Jimmy" Carter (U.S. President) James Herriot (author of All Creatures Great and Small), James Wood (actor), William James (psychologist), Jimmy Stewart (actor), Jim Morrison (the Doors), Jim (character from the Office)

Nothing real interesting about origin of the name other than the fact that two apostles in the New Testiment named James. One thought to be brother of Jesus. Maybe that's why some think of INFPs as being as close to Jesus Christ as humanly possible ;)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTP = Alexander

http://alexander.urbanup.com/4620646

UrbanDictionary said:
Alexander (581 up, 62 down )
buy alexander mugs, tshirts and magnetsUsually a very very very goodlooking straight gentleman that has great taste in women. He has a crazy side to him but only shows it infront of true friends. Has great style, is hilarious, amazing, caring, sweet and will make you smile. You will always have a good time with an Alexander, so if you got a friend named Alexander count yourself one of the luckiest people in the world!

"Why you smiling like that?
I hung out with Alexander
NO WAY!
"
hilarious, amazing, goodlooking, caring, great
by asdi ghjkl Feb 4, 2010 share this

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISFP = Sunny, Daisy, Melody, Summer

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Jack isn't an ENTP name. It's an SP name, definitely. Tradesperson or action hero.

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is good! Great examples. Funny. My ex is an ENTP and his name is JACK!

INFP: James/Jim/Jimmy

James Taylor (singer/composer) , James "Jimmy" Carter (U.S. President) James Herriot (author of All Creatures Great and Small), James Wood (actor), William James (psychologist), Jimmy Stewart (actor), Jim Morrison (the Doors), Jim (character from the Office)

Nothing real interesting about origin of the name other than the fact that two apostles in the New Testiment named James. One thought to be brother of Jesus. Maybe that's why some think of INFPs as being as close to Jesus Christ as humanly possible ;)

The last James I tested happened to be INFP :)
Isn't Jesus thought to have been INFJ himself?

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any way you can be more specific with your classification of Jack as some kind of SP?

I can see arguments for classing Jack as ESTP, but none of the other SP types. The term 'Jack of all Trades' comes to mind, which fits both ExTP types.

Can you give any examples of action heroes called Jack, other than Jack Bauer?

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ

I know a Todd who is ISFJ! :)

To me:
Mary, Katie, Susan, Shannon, Brianna, Jaclyn = SF

Vanessa, Kylie = EN

Victoria = ESTJ

Esther = ISFJ

Madison, MacKenzie, Jessica, Ashley, Tiffany = ESF

Jacob, Ryan, Seth = N

Aubrey, Laurel, Rachel, Corinne, Melissa = INF

Emily = INFP

Alexia, Britney/Brittany, Destiny = ESFP

Kirstyn, Nissa, Zara = INFJ

Zoe = ENFP

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ENTP- #4
ENTJ- Cindy
INTJ- Clancey
INTP-Payton
ESTP-Caydence
ISTP- Chantelle
ESFP- Bruce
ISFP- Maximilian
ENFJ- Daryl
INFJ- Harold
ENFP- Wayne
INFP-Reginald
ESTJ- Mercedes
ESFJ- Barry
ISFJ- Roger
ISTJ- Ashley

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
INTP-Payton
No way. Payton is a sports name. The first five results for Payton on Wikipedia by way of Google are for sports players. That's to say nothing of Peyton, which of course brings up Peyton Manning, a One Tree Hill character, and about 3 or 4 other athletes.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Waldo, Ted - INTJ
Wally, Theodore - INTP
Teddy, Wallace - ESFJ

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Waldo?

INTJs do not have first names. They're commonly addrssed by their surnames, for example: Mr. Smith

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTP - Scarlett
ESTJ - Reginald
ESFP - Pippi
ESFJ - Geraldine
ISTP - Blake
ISTJ - Norman
ISFP - Daphne
ISFJ - Gregory
ENTP - Wallace
ENTJ - Bertrand
ENFP - Vivian
ENFJ - Jules
INTP - Howard
INTJ - Patricia
INFP - Dorian
INFJ - Keating

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the interesting thing is that names are probably more about the parent's, or a combination of the parents', types...