User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Metal connoisseur checking in to resurrect the rotting corpse of this necro-thread in true metal fashion.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Owl View Post
    Metal connoisseur checking in to resurrect the rotting corpse of this necro-thread in true metal fashion.
    Oh, dear. This is not my taste in the least.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Tiger Owl liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    584 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Oh, dear. This is not my taste in the least.
    I find metal to be similar to Sci-Fi, inasmuch as there is a tremendous volume of garbage in each but when you find a new treasure it can change the way you see a part of your reality. I am very picky about metal (and sci-fi) but what I like I like very much. It is also a means of catharsis.
    INTJ 5w4 sx/sp 584 ILI-Ni

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Owl View Post
    I find metal to be similar to Sci-Fi, inasmuch as there is a tremendous volume of garbage in each but when you find a new treasure it can change the way you see a part of your reality. I am very picky about metal (and sci-fi) but what I like I like very much. It is also a means of catharsis.
    Now I do like good Sci-Fi, and good Fantasy as well. But you are right that there is plenty of drivel within each category.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

From, Classical music, Jazz, Blues, Rock, Pop rock, Prog Rock, Hard Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, Technical Progressive Brutal Death Metal, Arabic music, Oriental music, Folk Rock, Celtic Music, Traditional Music... Etc, in every genre there's a gemstone I find.

Metal is underrated, Intimidating, has a bad reputation, and I like it this way. I'd put some Obituary along with Vivaldi and Sebastian Bach in the same Playlist.

Prince Of Persia X Metal? Awesome.

Likes There, Norexan liked this post

Well, I grew up with metal music for the most part and I'm an ESTP.

I have an ENTJ friend who listen to metal only to test his Hifi system.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I listen to some metal, although I'm not settled on my personality type. I feel the entire brunt of the emotion, but have extremely high emotional pain threshold, so I can take it. At this point it often feels like the only music that tells certain truths about reality. Sensitivity and tolerance are two different scales that interact within an individual. I've known people with low sensitivity and low tolerance - they have a narrow emotional bandwidth that gets flooded easily, and others with high sensitivity and high tolerance like myself.

I listen deeply to Cattle Decapitation, Wolves in the Throne Room, Myrkur (she's not as hard), and types of music that are the hardest, most intense in what they have to say. I also crank up the volume until I can feel my bones resonate. I'm looking forward to a Wolves in the Throne Room concert at a small club, which is ideal setting for the introvert with an intensely dark sense of reality like myself.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL

To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    461 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEI Si

I'm an ISTP and I love metal. I like most of its subgenres (even the questionable ones shit on by elitists), but I think that I'm most into melodic death metal and gothic metal. My favorite band is Scar Symmetry.

I actually associate metal more with Ni/Se (SP/NJ) rather than NT (although I do know an NTP who loves metal). A lot of high Se users seem to be into this genre.
    4w3 6w5 1w9 ~ sp/sx ~ Melancholic ~ Slytherin ~ Chaotic Neutral

pull me down again and guide me into pain
    Likes Norexan liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sp/so
    Socionics
    LIE Te

WAR METAL!

True Neutral 8 1 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    "There is no intellectualism in faith. Both atheist and theist choose their belief system based on ego and self-preservation." by 2017
    === Challenger Perfectionist Motivator Inventor===

"It doesn't terrify me what my mind can imagine as possible but things it cannot. They can exist in front of our eyes, yet cannot be seen." - Me