• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could test drive a different type for one day...

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
If you woke up with a personality change for a day - what would you choose?

I'd love to try out being an INTJ, since I find myself admiring their brains all the time. I'd also love to see what it's like to be an ExTP, because oftentimes they look like they're having a blast - while at the same time being so very different from the way I experience things. I do wonder what's going on in their heads sometimes. :laugh:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
INFJ.
So I could spend all day staring at a kleenex box trying to discover its inner meanings.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ISTP

I could take my shadow functions for a ride and discover what it is to be the type best suited for this world (the ISTP).

KDude

ISTP

I could take my shadow functions for a ride and discover what it is to be the type best suited for this world (the ISTP).

You should Thomson's descriptions. Life is not easy for either INTP or ISTP.

About the only advantage an ISTP may have over you is automating a lot of practicalities (and by practicalities, I mean, home appliances and oil changes).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You should Thomson's descriptions. Life is not easy for either INTP or ISTP.

About the only advantage an ISTP may have over you is automating a lot of practicalities (and by practicalities, I mean, home appliances and oil changes).

I wouldn't mind needing less external stimuli (I), being more concreteness-inclined (S) and less feel-y (T).

ISTPs are along with ISFPs the most N of Ss and they still get to use Se which is the function more tuned to the here and now.

But sure, everyone has problems.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably ESTP - so very different from me in many ways.
I would also say ISFP, except they are Fi-dom also, but to see the difference firsthand between Se & Ne would be cool.

KDude

I wouldn't mind needing less external stimuli (I), being more concreteness-inclined (S) and less feel-y (T).

ISTPs are along with ISFPs the most N of Ss and they still get to use Se which is the function more tuned to the here and now.

But sure, everyone has problems.

Fair enough. On that note, I wish I was more optimistic, could mix it up with lots of people for awhile, and be "possibility" oriented like an ENFP. I can look at multiple angles to things, but often do it in a cynical way...just to shoot options down, for the sake of what I consider viable/realistic. I'm especially my own worst enemy when it comes to finding prospects or new goals. Unlike an ENFP.

MBTI aside, I think Enneagram 6 and 4 both describe aspects of my behavior , but I'd might be better off as a Extroverted 7 Ne type for awhile.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Fair enough. On that note, I wish I was more optimistic, could mix it up with lots of people for awhile, and be "possibility" oriented like an ENFP. I can look at multiple angles to things, but often do it in a cynical way...just to shoot options down, for the sake of what I consider viable/realistic. I'm especially my own worst enemy when it comes to finding prospects or new goals. Unlike an ENFP.

MBTI aside, I think Enneagram 6 and 4 both describe aspects of my behavior , but I'd might be better off as a Extroverted 7 Ne type for awhile.

Hmm finding new short term goals might be easier for an ENFP. But long term ones can't be a pain in the butt. And those are what really matter in the end.

KDude

Hmm finding new short term goals might be easier for an ENFP. But long term ones can't be a pain in the butt. And those are what really matter in the end.

Well, at the very least, I think there are a dozen intangibles that make an extrovert's life potentially more networked or adventurous. Even as an introvert, I'm tired of being as disconnected as I am and left to my own imagination on what I can do, short term or long term. It's a little too much for my own good at the moment. Hell, any EJ or EP would be fun. I don't want to change, but I can see how not being an E works against things sometimes.

IheartFootball10

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
well i really wouldnt wanna be anything diff but if i were to test drive one for a day .....id wanna go the complete opposite of what i am. soo idk, whats the opposite of an ESTP? id try that.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanna try the XXXX type. Just to be different.

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would like to try ENTP for a bit. They seem to be the least stressed out of any type! They are so smart, and yet get to be so happy go lucky! :D

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I would like to try ENTP for a bit. They seem to be the least stressed out of any type! They are so smart, and yet get to be so happy go lucky! :D

Wow, if that's true, than every other type must be having heart attacks from their stress! :eek:

I'd like to try being some sort of xxFP...because one of those four types or whatever seems to have the most exciting adventures and they might not even know it!

sui generis

don't fence me in
MBTI Type
esTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I first saw this thread title, I thought, "There's no way I'd want to be any other type! :happy2:" And that's mostly true; I wouldn't trade my personality in for anyone else's.

However, the more I thought about it, I'd be interested in trying on INTJ for a day or a week. They're my favorite type and I feel a kind of understanding with them, so I'm curious how different their experiences are from mine.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I'd go with ESTP. It could end up being a day where I felt strong, confident, energetic, and non-vulnerable. Not that that's the opposite of how I feel all the time. But I most certainly could stand to feel more energetic and less vulnerable, a lot of the time.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I think I'd be an ESFJ and get my house all cleaned up and organized and put a months' worth of meals in the freezer and take cupcakes to my kids' schools, etc. But it would have to be on a Tuesday.