• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dumb Typology Stereotypes

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
In memory of my 250th post I decided that it is time we discussed moronic typology stereotypes (for science).

Truth or fiction. You decide!

Thinkers don't have emotions
Rationals are smart
Feelers are dumb
Sensors are dumb
Sensors only live for the now
Intuitives only exist in their heads
X cognitive function is objective!
X cognitive function is subjective!
FPs are unreliable
TJs are unpleasant
Fi is stronger than Fe
Introverts are geeks
Extroverts can't shut up
Ps can't control themselves
Js should loosen up

Any more for the bonfire?

Discuss.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
SJs are all hide bound traditionalist.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
X cognitive function is objective!
X cognitive function is subjective!

these are true, but it doesent mean that people who use subjective J function would be incapable of objective thinking, since people use other functions than just their two main functions and a single thought might come up from using multiple functions

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
ENTPs are all clowns
ENTPs have a small p-ness

wait i should put that in 2 separate posts :D

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
these are true, but it doesent mean that people who use subjective J function would be incapable of objective thinking, since people use other functions than just their two main functions and a single thought might come up from using multiple functions

You fell hook line and sinker into exactly why I made this post. Congratulations on failing to comprehend the nature of objectivity and subjectivity when an individuals perception is always limited. I award you one pat on the head for failing to see the whole picture and using absolute definitions.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
You fell hook line and sinker into exactly why I made this post. Congratulations on failing to comprehend the nature of objectivity and subjectivity when an individuals perception is always limited. I award you one pat on the head for failing to see the whole picture and using absolute definitions.

i dont know what hook line and sinker mean.

are you saying that you dont understand that thinking can be objective, even tho the objective thinking is working in the frames of what is perceived? if so, i think where you are failing with this kind of thinking is that you combine the perception and the thinking process into one thing, when they actually are two different things that form a single thought together. when you combine these two functions and view them as one, then of course it wont be objective since it is formed from objective thinking that is working in subjective frame. im looking at the perception and the thinking process separately because they are separated in mbti as well(J and P function) and we are talking about mbti here.

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
i dont know what hook line and sinker mean.

are you saying that you dont understand that thinking can be objective, even tho the objective thinking is working in the frames of what is perceived? if so, i think where you are failing with this kind of thinking is that you combine the perception and the thinking process into one thing, when they actually are two different things that form a single thought together. when you combine these two functions and view them as one, then of course it wont be objective since it is formed from objective thinking that is working in subjective frame. im looking at the perception and the thinking process separately because they are separated in mbti as well(J and P function) and we are talking about mbti here.

Nothing is objective because cognitive function is merely an element of personal Id and is subservient to personal choice and flavour. Also to be properly objective anything would require immaculate perspective, impossible surely.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
If I only had that objectivity bait, I'd be a master fisherman.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Nothing is objective because cognitive function is merely an element of personal Id and is subservient to personal choice and flavour. Also to be properly objective anything would require immaculate perspective, impossible surely.

okay, so you also fail to see that some things can be thought on purely objective grounds. two is two times one, so when you add another one to that two, it becomes three since there is not three of these number ones. how is that subjective thinking?

objective thinking works like that and it can be applied to about everything else than just maths(if you know how to do it), it doesent matter if the numbers change to subjective perceptions since the line of thought remains objective, therefore there can be purely objective thinking.

owned?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wow, a pissing match between two NTs over rational coherency broke out in a thread about MBTI stereotypes.

Does that support the cliche, or was it merely just an exercise in irony? :rofl1:

(Btw, sounds to me like Jim is describing the truth that to be 100% objective would demand the ability to see everything from all sides at once... i.e., omniscience, which none of us have. And that INTP is describing more "practical objectivity" -- a collection of data such as math that many people can examine individually and still always come up with the same result... unless of course they suck at math, like my poor daughter, who would love to burn all of her geometry papers, but that is besides the point...)

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
(Btw, sounds to me like Jim is describing the truth that to be 100% objective would demand the ability to see everything from all sides at once... i.e., omniscience, which none of us have. And that INTP is describing more "practical objectivity" -- a collection of data such as math that many people can examine individually and still always come up with the same result... unless of course they suck at math, like my poor daughter, who would love to burn all of her geometry papers, but that is besides the point...)

Yes. Jim has a theory that can encompass INTPs theory, but INTPs theory can't encompass Jims. Which is interesting from the point of view of relativity and understanding.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, a pissing match between two NTs over rational coherency broke out in a thread about MBTI stereotypes.

Does that support the cliche, or was it merely just an exercise in irony? :rofl1:

we are talking about objective thinking, not objective truth. since he stated that there cant be objective thinking, im debunking that false belief. i do understand that he is looking at objective truths, but thats totally different thing than objective thinking and im trying to explain it to him. he is failing if he cant tell these two things apart and even if he can tell these two things apart, he is still failing since he is saying that my point of view is false when he just doesent understand my point of view to this. either way, he fails and i win :biggrin:

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
Thinking objectively would require a flawless mind. (I believe you can think objectively at times, but not all the time, and you don't know when you think objectively, so, practically it's impossible. Though, it is a nice ideal to go for.)

Nicodemus

INTJ-PinkyandtheBrain.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
we are talking about objective thinking, not objective truth. since he stated that there cant be objective thinking, im debunking that false belief. i do understand that he is looking at objective truths, but thats totally different thing than objective thinking and im trying to explain it to him. he is failing if he cant tell these two things apart and even if he can tell these two things apart, he is still failing since he is saying that my point of view is false when he just doesent understand my point of view to this. either way, he fails and i win :biggrin:

:huh: Are you sure you're not an ENTP?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
:huh: Are you sure you're not an ENTP?

im pretty sure that im an intp, i do have almost as strong Ne than my Ti is, but i can see the difference pretty clearly when it comes to Si vs Fe and how i use Te. I got entp friend with low E(Ti nearly as strong as his Ne) and i can see the difference between us pretty clearly. why?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
im pretty sure that im an intp, i do have almost as strong Ne than my Ti is, but i can see the difference pretty clearly when it comes to Si vs Fe and how i use Te. I got entp friend with low E(Ti nearly as strong as his Ne) and i can see the difference between us pretty clearly. why?

Missed the joke there (about the ENTP stereotype).
Don't worry about it.

.. sorry for the derail, Jim. I actually would like to contribute more stereotypes, but you nailed the obvious ones in the OP and none are coming to mind yet.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't know if you guys have ever seen this meme going around, but people are taking images of animals (Like a dog up a telephone pole) and writing things like "Silly dog, get down from there. You're a dog not a telephone technician. You don't even have tools."

qyuzOO6cGi41vjju33e08dKWo1_400.jpg
qyuzOO6cGi471rzvUYTkbYZGo1_400.jpg

For some reason, yesterday when we were bickering about stereotypes in that thread, I thought it would be great to make MBTI versions of those. Some INFP wrote something really intelligent/logical and I immediately thought of this:

Crying-Girl-in-Poverty_590-.jpg

:D

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I must question the bizarre notion that INTJs have no sense of humour. Our humour precedes all other forms humour and is funny beyond the greatest expectation.