• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Dumb Typology Stereotypes

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I must question the bizarre notion that INTJs have no sense of humour. Our humour precedes all other forms humour and is funny beyond the greatest expectation.

I've said this before, but the curious thing about INTJ humor is that it very often occurs as an extension of intellectual self-promotion, rather than just a simple joke.

There's intentional inertia behind it; humor as an opportunity to showcase knowledge and/or depth of clarity.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've said this before, but the curious thing about INTJ humor is that it very often occurs as an extension of intellectual self-promotion, rather than just a simple joke.

There's intentional inertia behind it; humor as an opportunity to showcase knowledge and/or depth of clarity.
Ah, interesting, yes. It therefore provides more of a significance to the INTJ for future social activity (and various other things). And it is intelligence being one of the top things an INTJ tend to try and boast about whether or not in a subtle manner. Hmmm, would the last thing I just said be considered a stereotype?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I must question the bizarre notion that INTJs have no sense of humour. Our humour precedes all other forms humour and is funny beyond the greatest expectation.

HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha !!!!

Funny. :) More! More!

Nicodemus

It does not actually precede all other forms of humor, for to make incisive observations (and pour them out in a funny disguise), there must first be something to observe and judge. So dullness, which seemingly is a form of humor too, comes beforehand.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
HA HA HA HA HA HA ha ha ha ha !!!!

Funny. :) More! More!
Hmmmm, Something is not quite right here.

It does not actually precede all other forms of humor, for to make incisive observations (and pour them out in a funny disguise), there must first be something to observe and judge. So dullness, which seemingly is a form of humor too, comes beforehand.
I speak merely of precedence in rankings rather than process.

Noon

Stereotypes that I think are ridiculous...

Sensors
have no imagination
never daydream
don't notice patterns
aren't interested in fantasy or fiction
always present
always extremely "practical"
immune to absent-mindedness
can't draw inferences or communicate on multiple levels
Se: only like physical things and only use physical tools
Si: follow anything that's tradition and never question authority

iNtuitives
Need a sensor to show them how to be "practical"
Disconnected from reality
Not able to understand the present
Inept at anything physical

Feelers
Feeling = Emotion
(More, but that's basically the entire misunderstanding on which all of the other ridiculous Feeling stereotypes are based)

Thinkers
Thinking = Shallow emotion
Unable to understand ethics/morality
Never religious or spiritual
Regularly fap to Nietzsche
Uncaring SOs/marriage partners/parents
Needlessly blunt or insensitive
Never have values or become attached to things important to them

Stereotypes about T/F annoy me the most. F is a given, but I don't see why Thinking should have its benefits so frequently discounted or undervalued either... Especially in the realm of ethics/emotion. I imagine that Thinkers are as moral as Feelers, just that it's so differently approached on the surface that it might not be so apparent. But I think morality is well analyzed/supported from a pragmatic standpoint anyway, even if only by examining the logical consequences of 'bad behavior'. It makes more sense than having unexplained 'common sense' rules or coming at it from a purely mystical angle.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
XXXXs create stereotypes based on letters and their associations with a personality theory that they otherwise wouldn't had they never heard of mbti.

Noon

Because ethics and morality are positings that (by feelers) often seem to be taken as absolute truths.

Alright, point taken.

But tangent: aren't Fe-Ti users more likely to be moral relativists who concede to it being a man-made concept, custom tailored for varying cultures/societies? FJs seem to differ a lot from FPs in that respect, which is why I think there seems to be such a big divide between Fe/Fi on these forums (I don't think it's baseless exaggeration).

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Stereotypes that I think are ridiculous...

Sensors
have no imagination
never daydream
don't notice patterns
aren't interested in fantasy or fiction
always present
always extremely "practical"
immune to absent-mindedness
can't draw inferences or communicate on multiple levels
Se: only like physical things and only use physical tools
Si: follow anything that's tradition and never question authority

iNtuitives
Need a sensor to show them how to be "practical"
Disconnected from reality
Not able to understand the present
Inept at anything physical

Feelers
Feeling = Emotion
(More, but that's basically the entire misunderstanding on which all of the other ridiculous Feeling stereotypes are based)

Thinkers
Thinking = Shallow emotion
Unable to understand ethics/morality
Never religious or spiritual
Regularly fap to Nietzsche
Uncaring SOs/marriage partners/parents
Needlessly blunt or insensitive
Never have values or become attached to things important to them

Dude, this is awesome! My stereotypes were all outdated. Thank you.

Also,
Feelers
Cry a lot
Are probably crying right now
Can't follow an argument without digressing into F-land and values
Can't be assertive, weak
Addicted to warm fuzzies
Love peace and harmony
Can't be logical
Can't be right about something that doesn't have to do with crying and feelings

chris1207

MBTI Type
XNXX
Enneagram
3w2
Thinkers, especially NTs, use high falootin' words like 'positings' to make it sound as if they're smart. They do so without consideration for how common the word is. And the less common the better because it helps to confuse the common folk and separate the super duper pooper scooper egg head levitating brain people from the dumbdumbs. Why not use 'postulations' instead?

Nicodemus

Because sometimes they use a dictionary to find the proper word, especially if their first language is not English.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

too bad these lower life forms(people who are not you) are incapable of understanding the intj jokes since they are simply that brilliant :biggrin: