User Tag List

First 41818990919293 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Mmm, I would say there is some personal attachment to the images, but nothing sensory based. If anything, I would say there is an emotional attachment left in these perceptions, whether positive or negative. When I have these unsettling moments, (I will give you an example of what exactly it's like for me and when I experience them), so the one that stood out to me in recent memory is when I went in for the job interview for my current job. The place was new, it was unfamiliar. I felt anxiety, tense, in that situation. I suppose you could say some sensations yes. But once I started working there and began familiarizing myself with the office, the environment which initially seemed foreign and left me feeling out of place, soon became a new "home" for me, a place of comfort with good friends and an overall positive environment. I think typically, this wouldn't unsettle anyone, but it's because that initial impression left such a strong experience for me, that even to this day, the initial and the current sentiment of the same place clash and it doesn't make much sense. I can logically make sense of it, but emotionally speaking, the stability is found in how I feel in a given situation, that shouldn't change, and yet it has.

As I type this out...I'm thinking that perhaps what I speak of isn't even Si, but merely a new perspective on Fi and its reaches. I do have a collection of perceptions, they are rather foggy and not defined at all, but there is a personal attachment to those images. Perhaps this is a physical manifestation of Fi in its inner workings. Speaking of physical manifestations, I mentioned to a few members before that I have this spatial understanding of my emotions, like a literal place I could draw out for you. Interesting. Sorry, just sort of brainstorming and fueling my own thoughts as I type.
    I've heard many xNFPs talk about their "inner emotional landscape". xSFPs, not so much. So I suspect that landscape is an Si thing. There's kind of an internal rigidity there that doesn't seem to exist in Ni types.
    An argument is two people sharing their ignorance.

A discussion is two people sharing their understanding, even when they disagree.
    Likes Eilonwy, Dreamer, SearchingforPeace liked this post

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

I experience Ni as the lens through which I perceive the vastness of reality. It makes everything look infinite from the stars in the sky, to the inner workings of a person, to the whole of reality. While there are underlying principles that define it, it is the same as the underlying principles that define infinity. Yes, there is a core concept, but it is only there to make some sense of it. There is no way to master it, to place it into a box. It doesn't feel like narrowing to me at all, but infinite expansion. (that is unless I'm not describing Ni). It confuses me when it is equated with tunnel vision because that is precisely what it is not for me. I can't see all of it. It is like looking over a cliff into a dark expanse into which there is no way to know how deep or far it goes. It is terrifying when I start to comprehend reality through it.

Perhaps it is because of its incomprehensibility that people can overcompensate by becoming its opposite in terms of tunnel vision certitude? Perhaps in that way Ni is grasping onto the rocky cliff that overlooks the abyss, but really, Ni is what enables one to peer into the abyss.
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN
    If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY
    You have to let the metaphysical guy chase you. ABIGAIL

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by uumlau View Post
    I've heard many xNFPs talk about their "inner emotional landscape". xSFPs, not so much. So I suspect that landscape is an Si thing. There's kind of an internal rigidity there that doesn't seem to exist in Ni types.
    Ahh, thank you uumlau
    The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams
    -Eleanor Roosevelt

~Always, an Enthusiastic_Dreamer

MBTI
    NFP
    Enneagram
    458 sp/sx

Yes, I cannot even comprehend what you are explaining.
    dead·pan
    /ˈded,pan/
    adjective: deliberately impassive or expressionless.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Likes julesiscools liked this post

MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A

Calling it a landscape is an application of metaphor and thus I see this as more Ne in nature:

landscape:
    a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.

metaphor:
    a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

Ergo, metaphor is utilized in order to help simplify and express the inexpressible expanse in a concrete way.

After all, we have to make is simple so you could have at least a snowball's chance in hell of understanding.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Ravenetta, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiastic_Dreamer View Post
    Mmm, I would say there is some personal attachment to the images, but nothing sensory based. If anything, I would say there is an emotional attachment left in these perceptions, whether positive or negative. When I have these unsettling moments, (I will give you an example of what exactly it's like for me and when I experience them), so the one that stood out to me in recent memory is when I went in for the job interview for my current job. The place was new, it was unfamiliar. I felt anxiety, tense, in that situation. I suppose you could say some sensations yes. But once I started working there and began familiarizing myself with the office, the environment which initially seemed foreign and left me feeling out of place, soon became a new "home" for me, a place of comfort with good friends and an overall positive environment. I think typically, this wouldn't unsettle anyone, but it's because that initial impression left such a strong experience for me, that even to this day, the initial and the current sentiment of the same place clash and it doesn't make much sense. I can logically make sense of it, but emotionally speaking, the stability is found in how I feel in a given situation, that shouldn't change, and yet it has.
    Interesting. First, I think of emotions as just another set of sensations, so the idea of your stored perceptions having a significant emotional component isn't that far removed from their having content based on the 5 senses. My memories aren't usually this way, so this option didn't occur to me at first. I had the opposite experience with my workplace. When I first arrived there, there were specific things about the physical environment that felt very welcoming, that seemed to be assuring me that this was where I belonged. Since then, working conditions have seriously deteriorated to the point where I know with just as much certainty that this is no longer the place for me. I don't feel any clash in perceptions, though. I simply recognize that (1) things change, and (2) my original perception may have been overly optimistic, colored by other considerations surrounding what was then a new job. Now, when I survey the environs, it is just a sad reminder of how things have changed for the worse. I suppose in this sense, my current perception overrides the earlier one, without any internal stress over it.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by labyrinthine View Post
    I experience Ni as the lens through which I perceive the vastness of reality. It makes everything look infinite from the stars in the sky, to the inner workings of a person, to the whole of reality. While there are underlying principles that define it, it is the same as the underlying principles that define infinity. Yes, there is a core concept, but it is only there to make some sense of it. There is no way to master it, to place it into a box. It doesn't feel like narrowing to me at all, but infinite expansion. (that is unless I'm not describing Ni). It confuses me when it is equated with tunnel vision because that is precisely what it is not for me. I can't see all of it. It is like looking over a cliff into a dark expanse into which there is no way to know how deep or far it goes. It is terrifying when I start to comprehend reality through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Calling it a landscape is an application of metaphor and thus I see this as more Ne in nature:

landscape:
    a section or expanse of rural scenery, usually extensive, that can be seen from a single viewpoint.

metaphor:
    a thing regarded as representative or symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

Ergo, metaphor is utilized in order to help simplify and express the inexpressible expanse in a concrete way.

After all, we have to make is simple so you could have at least a snowball's chance in hell of understanding.
    Now I wonder again if my description is Ni at all. It looks endless, so it is more of an expanding process than a contracting one. I relate to the inner landscape business alot. When younger I actually wrote a story describing the entire place which included the "Childwood Forest" where nothing ever aged, including the animals. There were pools of water in a valley that reflected the light of the setting and rising sun. I'll have to see if I can find what I wrote.

Sometimes I see a glimpse of an internal sculpture that is set in a really dark space with dimly reflected light on the form. I can never see the whole of it, but I know it is expresses and has recorded every emotion I've ever felt and so it is intensely bittersweet.

Is this Ni-Fe or Ne-Fi?
    It's entirely possible and realistic to live your life in such a way that you don't accidentally rape people. ME
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A

Now I wonder again if my description is Ni at all. It looks endless, so it is more of an expanding process than a contracting one. I relate to the inner landscape business alot. When younger I actually wrote a story describing the entire place which included the "Childwood Forest" where nothing ever aged, including the animals. There were pools of water in a valley that reflected the light of the setting and rising sun. I'll have to see if I can find what I wrote.

Sometimes I see a glimpse of an internal sculpture that is set in a really dark space with dimly reflected light on the form. I can never see the whole of it, but I know it is expresses and has recorded every emotion I've ever felt and so it is intensely bittersweet.

Is this Ni-Fe or Ne-Fi?
    I don't know.

What I do know is that you are unlike the other INFJs on the forum in your relationship with your emotions.

How about Fi - Ni?

You feel most like @cascadeco to me.

I don't know how you feel about looking at ISFP as a type, but it might hold explanation for this fascinating interplay.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    I don't know.

What I do know is that you are unlike the other INFJs on the forum in your relationship with your emotions.

How about Fi - Ni?

You feel most like @cascadeco to me.

I don't know how you feel about looking at ISFP as a type, but it might hold explanation for this fascinating interplay.
    My mother is probably an ISFP. If I'm that, then I probably have two fairly equivalent pairs of Fi-Se and Ni-Te. Someone else said I seem more Ti than Te though. ISFPs are one of my favorite types overall. Thanks for your input.

MBTI
    N/A
    Enneagram
    N/A

My mother is probably an ISFP. If I'm that, then I probably have two fairly equivalent pairs of Fi-Se and Ni-Te. Someone else said I seem more Ti than Te though. ISFPs are one of my favorite types overall. Thanks for your input.
    Fi and Ti are not so distant that they can't look like each other. I can parse out a Ti line of reasoning because I understand the similarity in relationship to my own Fi. That's because people conflate the idea of IxFP with feeling patterns instead of thinking patterns. Just added food for thought.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching
    Likes Ravenetta liked this post