User Tag List

First 2969777879808189 Last

Results 781 to 790 of 959

  1. #781
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,196

    Default

    What is the Ni-Ti loop? Ni-Fi? - Confessions of a Myers Briggs-aholic
    Again...
    "They may become an exaggerated version of themselves, overwhelmingly outgoing or extremely withdrawn. They will also seem to miss a huge part of their normal, healthy personality; whatever behavior or thought processes their auxiliary function would normally govern. However, these differ for each type depending on the function being skipped."

    So far anyway, nobody is contradicting SW's theory.

    It's necessary to also mention, with regard to the INFJ in particular, that this type is not automatically social or sociable simply because Fe is the auxiliary function. With Ni as the dominant function, Fe becomes a very broadly - applied or generalized - theory of social values.

    If the INFJ is not in a loop, then the theory will be applied, not just generalized. The INFJ will be actively engaged in trying to change the world in accordance with a vision. Examples of that (not speaking for any particular INFJ) would be fighting for human rights on a global scale and the transforming of society in accordance with a personal vision of a better world. Tertiary Ti, although less developed, attempts to add a logical backdrop in the form of philosophy or rationally persuasive argument (a treatise, for instance).

    If the INFJ loses hope and confidence that the vision will be realized, then withdrawal and a sense of hopelessness will be the result. I'm not agreeing with SW that this would result in a Schizoidal personality or any personality disorder at all. But depression is a given.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”
    Likes meowington liked this post

  2. #782
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,562

    Default

    "Depression is a given." Get Zoloft for the satanic loop.
    Likes meowington liked this post

  3. #783
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post

    Looks like the same idea as SW's. Are they all on the wrong track?
    You can explain this using general psychology/ understanding of people, without even needing to bring in cognitive functions. 'Don't spend too much time focusing on what you don't particularly enjoy, that makes you depressed, or that causes you stress. Focus on what brings more positivity to your life, what you do effortlessly and spontaneously, things that don't stress you out, and what you are naturally inclined towards.' Cognitive functions just slap a label on things, with the goal of outlining every possible contingency that occurs within a person -- thus eventually having to bring in all 'demonic' functions to describe when someone is really down and out. Which appears to be of use to some people, so that's fine.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  4. #784
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    You can explain this using general psychology/ understanding of people, without even needing to bring in cognitive functions. 'Don't spend too much time focusing on what you don't particularly enjoy, that makes you depressed, or that causes you stress. Focus on what brings more positivity to your life, what you do effortlessly and spontaneously, things that don't stress you out, and what you are naturally inclined towards.' Cognitive functions just slap a label on things, with the goal of outlining every possible contingency that occurs within a person -- thus eventually having to bring in all 'demonic' functions. Which appears to be of use to some people, so that's fine.
    Someone asked a question. I showed that the same answer exists all over the internet. Then I gave my own answer which includes Fe in the mix. The original question didn't ask if it was real or useful or couldn't be answered with general psych.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  5. #785
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Someone asked a question. I showed that the same answer exists all over the internet. Then I gave my own answer which includes Fe in the mix. The original question didn't ask if it was real or useful or couldn't be answered with general psych.
    Sure, that's fine. That's your style, and that's cool. Other people will always look at things / reply a bit differently, though.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  6. #786
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,196

    Default

    How would it make a forum *about typology* look if someone asked a typology question here and was told that typology isn't necessary to answer it? Even if that's true, it's still a valid typology question because it's a question about JCF. You've just invalidated the reason this forum exists.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  7. #787
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,196

    Default

    It looks even lamer to question the validity of the question when our esteemed administrator has previously posted a video that answers the question.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  8. #788
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,947

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    How would it make a forum *about typology* look if someone asked a typology question here and was told that typology isn't necessary to answer it? Even if that's true, it's still a valid typology question because it's a question about JCF. You've just invalidated the reason this forum exists.
    I disagree. I think it's still highly relevant to discuss the merits and usefulness of cognitive functions, for example. And there's plenty of discussion around definitions of cognitive functions. I also didn't really nitpick your examples of people 'falling into the grip' and such things, because I simply don't have the energy to do so / feel like I've soapboxed on a lot of that many other times on the forum, in many other threads over the years.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  9. #789
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    I disagree. I think it's still highly relevant to discuss the merits and usefulness of cognitive functions, for example. And there's plenty of discussion around definitions of cognitive functions. I also didn't really nitpick your examples of people 'falling into the grip' and such things, because I simply don't have the energy to do so / feel like I've soapboxed on a lot of that many other times on the forum, in many other threads over the years.
    You could call it falling into the grip of depression based on the irrational thinking methods of depressed people who are sometimes failed idealists that have fallen into intellectualization and ennui as a way of life.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

    “The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

  10. #790
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    You could call it falling into the grip of depression based on the irrational thinking methods of depressed people who are sometimes failed idealists that have fallen into intellectualization and ennui as a way of life.
    depends on the purpose; doing research vs self help, as the latter will be kind of a meta-failure.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] What the hell is an INTJ?
    By Haphazard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 06:04 PM
  2. Naomi Klein: What the hell is her problem, anyway?
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM
  3. What the hell is going on in this picture?
    By RiderOnTheStorm in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 06-08-2009, 01:52 AM
  4. What the hell is going on? (Conspiracy)
    By Fluffywolf in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-02-2009, 07:10 AM
  5. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 12:55 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO