User Tag List

First 2868767778798088 Last

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

That's why this forum lacks popularity. People come here with questions. They are told the question is invalid. They go elsewhere for the answers.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson

“The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”
    Likes meowington liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    That's why this forum lacks popularity. People come here with questions. They are told the question is invalid. They go elsewhere for the answers.
    That's their prerogative. imo there are plenty of people on the forum who believe very much in function theory, as well as those who don't. Do you propose that those who don't, just not post an alternative or challenge to the theory at all? My own beef with all of it is that to one of @uumlau 's points, in the end it IS simply theory. Does it have any basis in reality at all? If there's something more reasonable in reality to explain the same thing, wouldn't it be better to look at that too? And also to his point, the internet and social media is filled with a million people posting their own opinions and editorials and theoretical frameworks as facts, with millions of people watching and reading. Isn't some healthy skepticism...healthy?
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Bitching. Bitching. Bitching.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    That's their prerogative. imo there are plenty of people on the forum who believe very much in function theory, as well as those who don't. Do you propose that those who don't, just not post an alternative or challenge to the theory at all? My own beef with all of it is that to one of @uumlau 's points, in the end it IS simply theory. Does it have any basis in reality at all? If there's something more reasonable in reality to explain the same thing, wouldn't it be better to look at that too? And also to his point, the internet and social media is filled with a million people posting their own opinions and editorials and theoretical frameworks as facts, with millions of people watching and reading. Isn't some healthy skepticism...healthy?
    And healthy skepticism toward the healthy skepticism.

Here is one person's experience with the Ni-Ti loop:

INFJ: the satanic Ni-Ti loop & escaping its... : too absent-spirited to count

"INFJs in a loop are withdrawn and shut people out. When I’ve looped in the past, I completely cut off a close friend who was nothing but wonderful to me, simply because I was busy & our friendship was a lot of work. Not your stereotypical INFJ saint, eh? And the worst part is that toxic Ti’s logic will fool you. It’s hard to get out of a loop because Ti makes the looping make 1000% logical sense. You’ll say to yourself, “Hey, ignoring this person isn’t awful of me, even though she’s going through a lot & needs my friendship. This is just what makes sense. I have to look out for myself.” Wrong! You’re just acting like an asshole. I promise you, I could have handled my shit and also have been a good friend. Ti was just a lot more convenient for me to use in that situation. That’s what I mean by selfishness.

So: You lost your Fe, and Ti’s making all of your decisions, and you don’t like it. You feel trapped in your mind, and often disconnected from your emotions. Likely you feel numb and detached. So what do you do?"

“The prejudices people feel about each other disappear when they get to know each other.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

The answer/theory at that page is very similar to SW's theory. Do you suppose they copied each other's ideas? Did they develop their ideas independently? If enough people repeat the same idea, instead of just one "kid" making up a theory that became "authoritative over time," does it become true?

Satanic loop. Satanic.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Video: The Ni-Ti Loop Explained
    Posted by our esteemed forum owner.

I don't give a shit if Elvis posted it.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Tertiary Temptation in INFJ | Stellar Maze
    And again...
    "So, for an INFJ, which is using introverted intuition as a dominant function and extraverted feeling as an auxiliary function, there is a temptation in the introverted thinking tertiary function for them to bypass their auxiliary function in order to stay locked into introversion.

You should develop the dominant and auxiliary functions of your type before you focus on any of the other functions. The tertiary is tricky and it is best to exclude serious activities or professions related to it as a rule. The tertiary is like the hobbyist function, the amateur, it is what you like to do to stimulate yourself and to grow as a person."

Looks like the same idea as SW's. Are they all on the wrong track?

Personality Type Paradoxes - An I/ENFP example

These natural changes and growth in adults account for the apparent paradoxes we sometimes observe in people of all types. Development of the NeTe face of INFPs accounts for the "coolness" and "detachment" we sometimes observe in them.

INFP mid-life changes, such as an increasing desire to organize and take charge of one's life or to stop being used as a doormat by others, are consistent with this developing outer NT. Some INFPs have become quite proficient in masking their "true feelings" with their NT face. This same facility in their ENFP cousins has them able to mimic ENTJ stereotypical behavior. They can assume control, take charge of a situation, make the hard decisions, and move on with their job. They can have masterly control over lawyer-speak, slicing careful nuances in meaning and logic. Even though they prefer Feeling over Thinking, they can become and are competent attorneys.The NeTe face on ENFPs and INFPs also explains why these two types are among the top four types having home pages on the Internet (From data on Doug Ingram's Personality Index page. The other two top four types are INTJ and INTP). While NFPs are people-oriented folks, many are drawn to latest technology and technological gadgetry of all sorts - which I ascribe to their extraverted NT face.

Full article here:

Personality Type Development | Myers Briggs

The ENFP isn't in a satanic Ne-Te loop, but the person who suggests they are may need to see a psychiatrist.
    Likes uumlau liked this post